The Search beneath the Ocean

JerreyRough

Stokan takes some Chilli. "Ba! Pizza is good, but a real man's food is hot, spicy Chilli! Especially this stuff; the hottest I've ever damn had!" He look strangly at Sarah, giggling and talking alot, stroked his chin, and continued to the big table.

Half the soldiers ferom Promised Land avoided the chili like the plague. Beans were a standard fare when out on a mission of some sort or another. However, the others shrugged and tried it, liking the spices that gave it extra flavor.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stokan takes some Chilli. "Ba! Pizza is good, but a real man's food is hot, spicy Chilli! Especially this stuff; the hottest I've ever damn had!" He look strangly at Sarah, giggling and talking alot, stroked his chin, and continued to the big table.

"You just love the hot meat in your mouth, Stokan," Sarah joked, while stuffing her face full of sausage. Her face, already red from the encounter with Jang, calmed and she half-giggled half-choked. She continued wolfing down the gumbo like a champ, spilling it over the side of the bowl but never on her archaeologist clothes.

Imperial Ground Wing Lieutenant James Chavez was sitting at a nearly empty spot on the table when he heard the commotion. Of course, he only managed to catch the tail-end of the conversation. The armored helmet turned to eye the group of ruffians warily, anxious to discover what they were up to.

Imperial Ground Wing Lieutenant James Chavez was sitting at a nearly empty spot on the table when he heard the commotion. Of course, he only managed to catch the tail-end of the conversation. The armored helmet turned to eye the group of ruffians warily, anxious to discover what they were up to.

He was approached by a rather scrawny-appearing private. The appearance was deceptive, of course, as he was a trained and seasoned soldier.

"Mind if I sit here?" he asked, holding a rather large bowl full of steaming chili.

Sarah giggled very lightly and leaned over the pizza rack, sniffing. "Looks like pepperoni, sausage, olive, cheese and veggie. Give them 'real man' veggie pizza!" Her mouth widened to a grin and grabbed a white bowl, filling it to the brim with sausage and chicken gumbo. She took a small bit of rice and mixed it in, then sat down at a table. Soon after, she got up to get a fork (silly her) when Jang asked her the question.

Blinking, she turned red, walked over to him and slapped him across the face. "Do I look like a cook to you?" She asked, her voice higher but not necessarily louder.

"No ma'am, but I was wondering if you knew who the cook was. You did, however, look like a calm person, but you proved otherwise with this unprovoked slap," replied Jang. He got up and changed his seat to the other side of the table, realizing that it would not be wise to sit within 3 feet of the slapping archaelogist.

"No ma'am, but I was wondering if you knew who the cook was. You did, however, look like a calm person, but you proved otherwise with this unprovoked slap," replied Jang. He got up and changed his seat to the other side of the table, realizing that it would not be wise to sit within 3 feet of the slapping archaelogist.

"You're just trying to cover up your sexist ideologies," she called out through seconds. Sarah growled menacingly at her gumbo, which boiled with fear. Blinking, she stood up and sat across from Jang and started eating slower. "Sorry," she said, lowering her voice. "I'm just.. nervous."

The Lieutenant raised an eyebrow unseen beneath the armor's helmet, but gestured to the seat in front of him. He quietly closed and put away the copy of Lying, Congressional Style he had been reading. The servos inside the suit's arms hissed and whined as he folded his arms across his well-armored chest.

"Can I help you?"

The Lieutenant raised an eyebrow unseen beneath the armor's helmet, but gestured to the seat in front of him. He quietly closed and put away the copy of Lying, Congressional Style he had been reading. The servos inside the suit's arms hissed and whined as he folded his arms across his well-armored chest.

"Can I help you?"

"Nah, just wanted to sit with someone new for a little while," he said as he sat down. "So, what were ya readin'?" he asked, just before he took his first bite of the chili.

Wordlessly, the Armored soldier slid the creased book over the table. He gave a snort of derision.

"Nothing else to do on this tub until we get there. Name's James."

He glanced at the title... Lying, Congressional Style. "Rick Standish. So, the book any good?"

"It has its' high points. Like everything else." James winced internally when he realized how cold, how distant he sounded and made an effort to be more friendly.

"I'm here for the Imperium of America, what about you?"

"I'm from Promised Land, muh'self. Since we don't exactly get involved in a lot'f wars, us soldiers have to do SOMETHIN' to occupy our time."

"You're just trying to cover up your sexist ideologies," she called out through seconds. Sarah growled menacingly at her gumbo, which boiled with fear. Blinking, she stood up and sat across from Jang and started eating slower. "Sorry," she said, lowering her voice. "I'm just.. nervous."

"It's fine. So...what do you expect to come upon during this trip?" asked Jang as he tried to start a conversation, "I expect the dome to be a religious monument."

"It's fine. So...what do you expect to come upon during this trip?" asked Jang as he tried to start a conversation, "I expect the dome to be a religious monument."

Sarah snorted and took another large gulp. "Religious? Who would build a religious dome in the middle of the Atlantic? More importantly, we don't even know which era. Ancient, Christian, Colonial? I doubt the ancients would have gotten that far and built a temple, and after that the Dark Ages make it seem even less likely."

"Didn't the area used to be more elevated and on land? According to the story, Atlantis was an ancient continent that sunk... there were advanced and civilized people living here, and I expected them to have a certain way of worship."

edit-OOC: disregard this post.

Edited by XRCatD

OOC: Oh oops...should we just disregard the Atlantis part, or disregard the dome part as well?

IC: "It's likely that it was carved in nature, and the discoverers decided to use it to designate something of religious value to them, so that they have a reason to revisit it."

Edited by XRCatD

OOC: The original plan is that the Expedition will get debriefed* about the exact stuff. They know that they are going to search a dome on the side of a mountain in the ocean that could only of been made by humans, **and a small previous team carbon dated it to a long time ago after diving**

*I never worked out a time. Lets say 12:00PM? The RP started at 11:59.

**Just made that up now.

I'll do IC soon; super.

OOC: Oh oops...should we just disregard the Atlantis part, or disregard the dome part as well?

IC: "It's likely that it was carved in nature, and the discoverers decided to use it to designate something of religious value to them, so that they have a reason to revisit it."

OOC: We know there's a dome made by humans, but we don't know about anything else

IC: "Nature doesn't make perfect domes."

Researcher Arrahbella Bruschetti sat in the ship's cafeteria, with her nose stuck in a book. She managed the trick of being both short and gangly quite well. Dressed in sneakers, jeans, a bright yellow "They are HERE!" T-shirt with enormous glasses the Ile de Noiran native gave the appearance of being harmless yet someone you would want to avoid being forced to talk to for an extended period. Crewmembers who passed by would hear her muttering to herself from time to time.

"How do they know it is of human origin? They've barely had time to examine it. I can't wait to see the specimens up close!"

After the friendly chit-chat[1], Stokan headed for the bridge, saying good bye to those finishing their lunch. Once on the bridge, he read his watch. 11:48AM. He turn on the intercom early anyways.

"Greetings again, Searchers! In 12 minutes from now, we will debrief you in the Theater about more specifically on our location. Just remember that you will go down in history as the brave adventures who found our true history, that ended the lengend of Atlantis. Have a good day, see you at 12:00!"

"This is just a general notice to all friendlies in the area that the DE Military did lend us a sea-tyrant class tank if anything goes awry down here.. so let us know if there's any problems."

"This is Patrol Craft 3 of the Searchers, we confirm and thank you for the information. We will call upon you if we require assistance!"

OOC: [1] If you guys still want to RP that, just label it with something.

Edited by JerreyRough