Your Regularly Scheduled Vox Thread

You might also note that those treaties were signed and used for a a rather large war which tended to break the web apart, contrary to the treaty signing of today which is to avert war or for no reason at all.

Yes, but it set a precedent, no less.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was started well before then, as NPO under Dilber had previously allied numerous people without any relations at all, to defeat The League.

That was before my time, but you still cannot argue the fact that ES didn't have a major role in bringing the treaty web how it is today.

That was before my time, but you still cannot argue the fact that ES didn't have a major role in bringing the treaty web how it is today.

He didn't, really. He signed many treaties, but broke the back of a hegemonic bloc, and then caused another major war that caused a break in the treaty web. Of course, it's now been rebuilt because people just love treaties, but he's done more to burn down the web than majority of us.

He didn't, really. He signed many treaties, but broke the back of a hegemonic bloc, and then caused another major war that caused a break in the treaty web. Of course, it's now been rebuilt because people just love treaties, but he's done more to burn down the web than majority of us.

After enabling that bloc for years.

After enabling that bloc for years.

During a time when there was an equal force willing and able to oppose it. Blocs and treaty webs are not nearly as bad when they aren't deadlocked into a single mass, but rather are divided on fairly clear lines into even sides. Where a single entity gains dominion, a single state befalls politics: boredom.

Edit: And "years" vastly overestimates it.

Edited by Doitzel

Starfox - my love for you is second only to my love for the OP, but that is revisionism at its finest.

Starfox - my love for you is second only to my love for the OP, but that is revisionism at its finest.

Actually he isn't going far enough. I vocally opposed the recreation of large blocs after the Unjust War, and I opposed the signing of a bunch of new treaties. The next question will be did I drop the treaties that Polar had at the time? The answer to that question is "Are you on drugs? What sort of an idiot drops a bunch of treaties with people who just supported him in a war?"

Well looks like my relevance has been ascertained, hopefully Slayer will be relieved to know that I am entirely relevant. Everything wrong in CN is my fault according to some of these geniuses, while they point no fingers at themselves and the unoriginal hacks who they put in charge over themselves.

I am not sure what I've done to deserve the low-class comments from Slayer and a few others here but I think they know where they can stick them.

Well looks like my relevance has been ascertained, hopefully Slayer will be relieved to know that I am entirely relevant. Everything wrong in CN is my fault according to some of these geniuses, while they point no fingers at themselves and the unoriginal hacks who they put in charge over themselves.

I personally blame ES for the Unjust War, all the GW's, the death of my cat and hurricane Katrina. Even though I've yet to write a word to him outside of this post.

Actually, I don't think he is, because post war Slayer signed a treaty with ES.

So that TPF wouldn't get killed again.

How has slayer screwed over a protectorate, ever?

Obviously, you weren't in Purge. I could probably get a list of other protectorates he's screwed over, but I'm feeling lazy.

Are you joking me?!?!?!?!?!ELECTRON SPONGE WAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST PLAYERS IN CREATING THE MDP WEB THE WAY IT IS TODAY. He signed an influx of treaties, and pretty much set a precedent.

This point has now been over worked, but in case you haven't gotten the point yet, no. As he stated, he was against such bloc after UJW.

Morals such as releasing private information that clearly aren't wanted to be released about an ally's emperor? Great morals. :rolleyes:

If you don't want information leaked, you shouldn't give it to people. This is an online game. If you give out information, expect it to be leaked at some point. It should be like a law of Cybernations. Is it a good thing? No, not really. Does it happen? Yes, all the time, not just on CN, but most online browser based games.

I don't think Slayer was referring to the UJW. He was really referring to the backstabbing and plotting ES did and admitted to doing against Pacifica.

If your talking about the Moldivi Rebellion, that conversation has been had so many times I'm not going to have it with you again. That and UJW are the two main points usually used for ES backstabbing NPO, and both are quite wrong and overused. ES did not backstab Pacifica. Pacifica backstabbed him.

I personally blame ES for the Unjust War, all the GW's, the death of my cat and hurricane Katrina. Even though I've yet to write a word to him outside of this post.

Don't forget about the current economic downturn and the rise of prenatal deaths in China; yet I've never had any contact with him either! :awesome:

Seriously, people are way to quick to point fingers instead of holding themselves personally accountable for the state of the Cyberverse; if you don't like the way things are, join an alliance that you actually like and work to change it.

You'd be surprised how much fun you can have when you start playing CN your way; its like that great burger restaurant, Harvey's. :blush:

Obviously, you weren't in Purge. I could probably get a list of other protectorates he's screwed over, but I'm feeling lazy.

This point has now been over worked, but in case you haven't gotten the point yet, no. As he stated, he was against such bloc after UJW.

If you don't want information leaked, you shouldn't give it to people. This is an online game. If you give out information, expect it to be leaked at some point. It should be like a law of Cybernations. Is it a good thing? No, not really. Does it happen? Yes, all the time, not just on CN, but most online browser based games.

If your talking about the Moldivi Rebellion, that conversation has been had so many times I'm not going to have it with you again. That and UJW are the two main points usually used for ES backstabbing NPO, and both are quite wrong and overused. ES did not backstab Pacifica. Pacifica backstabbed him.

Vox Populi says it's true, so it must be true. I mean, why shouldn't we all listen to those who are EZI/PZI for their earlier actions? It makes perfect sense.

:wacko:

Vox Populi says it's true, so it must be true. I mean, why shouldn't we all listen to those who are EZI/PZI for their earlier actions? It makes perfect sense.

Actually, it looks an awful lot like Nintenderek said that. The only mouthpiece of Vox is the Vox Dei. Besides, being on EZI/PZI does not make you a bad person, or wrong. I personally am on it for founding Vox Populi and being a leader of it. How does that make me bad?

Edited by Starfox101

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, my name is not Vox Populi. It would be a cool name, but it's not my name.

Also, I wasn't on any ZI or PZI lists before I joined Vox.

Edited by Nintenderek

Seriously, people are way to quick to point fingers instead of holding themselves personally accountable for the state of the Cyberverse; if you don't like the way things are, join an alliance that you actually like and work to change it.

It's easier to be over-critical of other people then to change oneself. Telling people to change requires them to work. This makes me a sad panda.

You'd be surprised how much fun you can have when you start playing CN your way; its like that great burger restaurant, Harvey's. :blush:

It's funny how CN ironically correlates to real life affairs sometimes. I bet I'll see all of this manifest over at some random angry/pseudo-blog link I click on while googling one day.

Edited by In Spades

are you really going to sit here and try to justify leaking personal RL info? There was no reason for it.

are you really going to sit here and try to justify leaking personal RL info? There was no reason for it.

I'm not going to justify it, like I said, it was wrong. But was it wrong enough to start a war over it? No, not at all, especially since it happens all the time, and the people starting the war have been guilty of just as much stuff like it.

Actually he isn't going far enough. I vocally opposed the recreation of large blocs after the Unjust War, and I opposed the signing of a bunch of new treaties. The next question will be did I drop the treaties that Polar had at the time? The answer to that question is "Are you on drugs? What sort of an idiot drops a bunch of treaties with people who just supported him in a war?"

I am not sure what I've done to deserve the low-class comments from Slayer and a few others here but I think they know where they can stick them.

You disappoint me in picking my post to reference what you perceived as low-class comments, for I am not the one who made them. Past and present, I have always respected you ES, and I believe your return to relevance is great for the cyberverse. I also think you've behaved like an insensitive buffoon at times, which has played itself out retributively to the place you currently reside on Bob. But it doesn't diminsh my respect for what history shows you've accomplished.

I do however take umbrage with you painting yourself with the self-serving brush of diplomatic minimilism. As with all things Sponge, your current proscribed world view seeks only to be forward looking and disruptive to the established hegemony. Yesterday, you held a different view, one that many of us call out, and the response from your minions is to scream "uh uh... no he didn't". It is sad and sucky.

Obviously Purge played no role in their own demise. :ph34r:

ES never signed a treaty.

Vox is responsible for all things that ail Planet Bob and

Slayer's personal hygiene is beyond reproach.

Actually, that's not why. At the time I was friendly with Sponge, MyWorld and others in Polar which lasted until he became what he hated.

Purge had nothing at all do to with their own demise. Uh huh. Right. It's not that you're feeling lazy, you just can't name a protectorate we've screwed over. I would venture to guess our success with protectorates has been far greater than our failures. What have you done to protect anyone?

Gee, this sounds an awful lot like the GOONS. In fact, this sounds like the exactly philosophy of a certain GOONS leader. GOONS, the same alliance that ES publicly condemned for such actions. And I supposed you don't see the hypocrisy in this?

How do you know they're wrong? Were you there? Do you have firsthand knowledge?

In short, Sponge has become what he hated.