Spy in NAAW

FreedomvilleAT

People really get too uptight about spies, and spying. Seriously, first, it's a game. Second... spying is a part of the game. You can build intelligence agencies, a Central intelligence Agency, and in Real Life Nations spy on other nations all the time so it's realistic.

How many times has the US caught a Russian spy, or an American selling Sensitive Information to the Russians. You don't see the US freaking out and nuking Russia, nor do our allies join in and stomp the offending nation.

You deal with it. You spy back. Arrest the offender, put him to death if you must... kick him out of your organization, ostracize him, whatever else, but the world doesn't fall apart.

I think it's funny how sensitive everyone is to this whole spying thing. LOL

People really get too uptight about spies, and spying. Seriously, first, it's a game. Second... spying is a part of the game. You can build intelligence agencies, a Central intelligence Agency, and in Real Life Nations spy on other nations all the time so it's realistic.

How many times has the US caught a Russian spy, or an American selling Sensitive Information to the Russians. You don't see the US freaking out and nuking Russia, nor do our allies join in and stomp the offending nation.

You deal with it. You spy back. Arrest the offender, put him to death if you must... kick him out of your organization, ostracize him, whatever else, but the world doesn't fall apart.

I think it's funny how sensitive everyone is to this whole spying thing. LOL

He was a good friend of mine and he lied to me. It wasn't just some random nation that spied. It was someone that was close to me.

tritonops: Please only keep posts to GDA governement. Spying is a very big deal in this game and has lead to wars many times before

EDIT: added name to clear confusion

Edited by JamesdaLeo

Shame on you Sethly. I fought alongside of you. Tried to protect your nation. Would hve and did sacrafice my nation for you. Now my nation is in ruins for nothing. Oh well, live and learn.

Maybe next round I will try LE they were good guys, They seemed cool.

I guess I am a little out of the loop on this so I dont know the specifics. In the time that I have known Sethly he has been straight up with me. I see him in all the alliance IRC's and have witnessed purely professional conduct from him. He represented NAAW Govt extremely well during negotiations ending the BW/NAAW conflict.

When you are operating in a diplomatic capacity behind the scenes, negotiating with many different people that all have different agendas, it is easily possible to get yourself in a situation where your discussions and conversations could be misconstrued. I am not aware of the details and really do not need to be. The reason for this post is too point out that sometimes things aren’t always what they seem to be.

My gut feeling in this is that Sethly is being misjudged. I feel he is honest and has shown integrity. This problem should be given a fair "airing" before passing judgment on his character. Loose lips do sink ships and nothing is as reprehensible as a man who would betray his country. Is that really what happened here?

As a diplomatic envoy you carry with you many tools and weapons in your arsenal. Leading someone to assume incorrectly is one of those tools. Information is a tool that can be used many different ways to achieve a goal and sometimes you have to make it look as though you are passing on relevant info when really you are simply passing on disinformation.

Everyone should be given their day in court. All involved parties need to reevaluate whatever information they have received concerning this matter, double check for inconsistencies and arrive at an honest conclusion. This can not be accomplished until it has been aired in the court of public opinion.

Bring out the facts and let everyone decide whether Sethly did operate as a spy or did he possibly fall victim to the good old "slip-of-the-tongue", or is it all based on bad or misguided information.

Either way Sethly should be given the highest consideration based on all that he has done good for NAAW in the past.

I for one need to know more before I take any "one persons" slant on what has taken place.

Quick Edit: I just looked at his nation and it appears his nation is suffering right along with other NAAW nations. Whatever he hoped to gain from doing any spying doesn't appear to have been successful. Normally spies have something to gain for their spying...

As I said, I do not know all that is going on here, and that will be just the problem for everyone else that reads this post. We need more information in order to form our own opinion on what has happened.

Edited by Striker DCS

Stop with this "don't take TE so seriously" crap. It's getting old.

Also, KDL you may be the only active council but I am a founder. You and I created NAAW together by merging our alliances. Even though I'm not in the council, I still can have a say in what goes on.

Sethly exposed information to BG that I have only told him in query. There's no way BG could have known some of the things he told me unless sethly had told him. It's that simple. When I confronted BG about the spy, I asked if it was sethly and he couldn't tell me straight forward but he hinted to me that, yes, it was sethly. Instead of waiting around for even more information to be leaked, I took access from sethly on the forums and banned him from our private channels. Unless someone can prove I made a mistake, the actions will remain the same. He can not be trusted until someone proves otherwise.

Also, KDL you may be the only active council but I am a founder. You and I created NAAW together by merging our alliances. Even though I'm not in the council, I still can have a say in what goes on.

Sethly exposed information to BG that I have only told him in query. There's no way BG could have known some of the things he told me unless sethly had told him. It's that simple. When I confronted BG about the spy, I asked if it was sethly and he couldn't tell me straight forward but he hinted to me that, yes, it was sethly. Instead of waiting around for even more information to be leaked, I took access from sethly on the forums and banned him from our private channels. Unless someone can prove I made a mistake, the actions will remain the same. He can not be trusted until someone proves otherwise.

All I asked for was proof. If he is indeed a spy then off with his head ! :)

Sounds like someone hungers for power...

No one told me you were the spy. No one hinted to me you were the spy. I'm just that good. No longer will i think of you as a friend and no longer will you be welcomed in our forums. In NAAW, spies are dishonorable and you know that.
I confronted BG about the spy, I asked if it was sethly and he couldn't tell me straight forward but he hinted to me that, yes, it was sethly.

I see a contradiction in your logic

It would seem that BG has more to gain from this than Sethly does, Divide and Conquer seems like a motive for BG to be misleading you?

Edited by Insane By Design

Power as in "hey every body look at me" power.

Yup, thats why I did it. You caught me!

This is the only post I actually created on my own. Someone asked me to do the apology.

I see a contradiction in your logic

It would seem that BG has more to gain from this than Sethly does, Divide and Conquer seems like a motive for BG to be misleading you?

Because now I can say the truth now that I am not in an alliance or playing the game. BG did hint me but he made me edit my apology.

Also, KDL if that's true then where's your proof he isn't?

Uhrg, so much writing for TE. Who actually cares if Sethly is a spy or not? I don't and neither should anyone else. Its really not worth getting hung up on stuff like that - its only TE.

Anyway, to add something completely off-topic and new to this thread. TUF declare war on TeH MuDkIpzZz!11!!

Uhrg, so much writing for TE. Who actually cares if Sethly is a spy or not? I don't and neither should anyone else. Its really not worth getting hung up on stuff like that - its only TE.

Anyway, to add something completely off-topic and new to this thread. TUF declare war on TeH MuDkIpzZz!11!!

I'm pretty sure that IN the forums we are IN character. It's GOING to sound like we are serious and it's going to sound like people care. IN-game, I care about if sethly is a spy or not.

Instead of asking WhY So SERIouS?????//?? And WhO CaReS??/?//??//?

Why don't you just go along with the game? It's less annoying.

Edited by FreedomvilleAT