Citizen drop for no apparent reason

The fox

Yesterday I bought myself up on around 28,000 soldiers, and went into DefCon one. Today, I switched back to my normal soldier count, 20,000, and DefCon five due to the large bill increase from doing this. As expected, yesterday my citizen count took a hit and dropped about 2000 or so, which I expect it to do. However, today, when I switched back from DefCon one and scrapped the soldiers, my citizen count was still slightly below what it normally is, normally this wouldnt be a problem however this has taken away a improvement slot for me, which can cause some problems. I have searched, but found nothing relevant, so if this is posted somewhere else im very sorry, as am I if the citizen count goes back to normal after a few days or so, however, my question is, unless any of the other other two scenarios applies, how come my citizen count hasnt jumped back to where it was? I have not lost any trade, I have not lost any event or got a new one. I have not changed anything in my nation, Besides the DefCon and troops. I have bought 8 naval vessels, however when I bought them the first time around I noticed no decrease in citizens.

Could be due to Global Radiation, it has gone up a small amount in the last few days:

Global Radiation - Global radiation is a count of all nations in the game attacked with nuclear weapons in the past 30 days. Global radiation negatively affects everyones nation environment in the game up to level 5.0. The bonus resource radiation cleanup reduces global radiation for your nation by 50%. The current formula for global radiation is: global radiation = (total nations hit by nukes * 300) / total nations

Slightly worse environment = slightly less citizens.

Edited by Aimee Mann

Could be due to Global Radiation, it has gone up a small amount in the last few days:

Slightly worse environment = slightly less citizens.

Hmm, I suppose that could be it, tho has it changed much since yesterday?

In the last few days it's been at:

18/1 - 0.69

19/1 - 0.81

Today - 0.83

I estimate that I've lost about 50-70 citizens in that time, so not a lot, but certainly enough to take away an improvement slot. If your change happened between yesterday and today then yeah, the loss of citizens from .81 to .83 will be quite small, but it could be just enough to take away the improvement slot if you were sitting with just enough citizens to get it in the first place.

In the last few days it's been at:

18/1 - 0.69

19/1 - 0.81

Today - 0.83

I estimate that I've lost about 50-70 citizens in that time, so not a lot, but certainly enough to take away an improvement slot. If your change happened between yesterday and today then yeah, the loss of citizens from .81 to .83 will be quite small, but it could be just enough to take away the improvement slot if you were sitting with just enough citizens to get it in the first place.

Hmm.. I see, well it certainly makes sense. Thanks, mods can lock this or do what they usually do when threads have served their purpose, unless anyone else has a explination to the loss of population.