The True Life Journal of Lord Swampy

Lord Swampy

Yeah, Pacifica never gets over a betrayal, right Corinan?

I'm sure you thought you were being quite clever there. Still, there was no reason for Legion to assume that Pacifica would simply forget about their treachery.

I felt pretty darn betrayed when I read that NPO was plotting to attack the Legion after the war. But I put on my big boy pants and got over it, forgave NPO, and wanted to be friends again one day.

I'm sure you knew damn well that Pacifica had no real plans to attack Legion. What you saw were cropped logs of one member venting frustration. Legion later saw the full logs which included Emperor Moldavi stating "absolutely not" to any thoughts of attacking. The betrayal was Legions. You used the opportunity to kick us while we (slightly) weakened, thereby catapulting yourselves to the top spot and then hoped we would simply let bygones be bygones. How wrong you were....

Edited by Corinan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain he was actually being clever, not just THINKING that he was being clever.

feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, A Soviet Attack.

You are mistaken. The day I make an intelligent post is the day the earth stands still.

@Corinan: I agree, it was stupid on their part. However, the opportunity presented itself for that post... :P

You are mistaken. The day I make an intelligent post is the day the earth stands still.

@Corinan: I agree, it was stupid on their part. However, the opportunity presented itself for that post... :P

I, clearly, sit corrected. I'd stand, but, meh, it doesn't warrant the effort.

I'd say a bit more naive than stupid, really. But that line is thin and made of subjectivity.

Actually, that wasn't how Director of Communications was made at all. It was a spot in the first Charter drafted and passed by the Legion (the first one, not counting Great Britain's provisional Charter), and has been a fixture since then. It was held by several Legionnaires before, the only one of whom I can remember by name being Zunea (though I have a feeling another was Conrad Von Himler).

I'm sure you knew damn well that Pacifica had no real plans to attack Legion. What you saw were cropped logs of one member venting frustration. Legion later saw the full logs which included Emperor Moldavi stating "absolutely not" to any thoughts of attacking. The betrayal was Legions. You used the opportunity to kick us while we (slightly) weakened, thereby catapulting yourselves to the top spot and then hoped we would simply let bygones be bygones. How wrong you were....

No. What I saw were lengthy logs of numerous government officials ranking as high as the War Council bashing Legion and expressing a clear desire for retribution and violence come NPO's victory over the CoaLUEtion. Then I later saw logs timestamped as days afterward of Moldavi disapproving of striking the Legion. As I understand it, the first logs came by way of The Coven of the Lost delivered either by EvilCartyen or Nosedondekistan, but Nosey was the original source on them because he was sitting in that channel at that time. According to the first-hand account I read, those second logs came to the Cabinet after war had already broken out and were delivered by NPO government. I was not in Legion's government at the time of the war, and it was not until much later that I saw the sets of logs. At the war, I had a summary from my Cabinet and I had my orders.

Be that as it may, I find arguing over this matter largely irrelevant for several reasons. Firstly, I disagree with the Legion's course of action in the First Great War and think that when alliances not linked to LUE and GATO and associates attacked you the Legion should have been there for NPO to fight off untreatied bandwagoners. Simply put, we should have fought with NPO in the war and not against her. Secondly, my OP made no attempt at reflecting my current views of the situation--I wanted to give a picture of what the mentality was like during the war. Ergo, the argument about today's notions is only barely relevant to this thread. Thirdly, we're not going to convince one another of the other person's perspective here and now because I've seen what I've seen and you've seen what you've seen and until one of us produces more extensive logs from the NPO government channel from that week the senseless unproductive bickering is... well, senseless and unproductive.

Edited by Lord Swampy

You and your confusing WoT (but a good read anyway)

So it was offered to you, an existing position. Ah, I get it now.

Yes. I believe the post was at the time empty. Zunea held it until he was elected Prime Minister in October 2007 elections. I can't recall who held it after he left it and before I took it, but I do remember the office I inherited with the post was old, dusty, and appeared to have been unused for a while--can't remember how long exactly.

In contrast to now...it's as if the Communications Dept. is a 24/7 needed office :P

What did the Communications Dept. do back then?

Publicize the Legion. Make promotional materials, videos and posters and the like. There was a Legion letter under Zunea, I believe. Some BBs posts. A note from the Cabinet here or there perhaps. I wrote a very nice poem to remind everyone to vote in the election that happened while I was DoC and posted it in all the Cohort forums because that's where a lot of people hung out.

Lots of people, Cohort forums?

Wow...how things have changed.

But that's a good idea I might use, poem to remind people to vote in elections...

Hello Legionnaire, I hope this makes sense

You'll have to listen carefully, because it's in French

Voix dans les élections maintenant !

Give me a bit more time, I'll think of something better. =)

In contrast to now...it's as if the Communications Dept. is a 24/7 needed office :P

What did the Communications Dept. do back then?

They didnt really do much back then. I remember bad press abounded outside of the Legion and being forced to remain quite on the bbs while others would bash the alliance. For an alliance that has a name that should fill their enemies with fear, the Legion let others convince the world that they were worthless, decietful, and self-serving.

Moving on, i always enjoyed your posts and i thought it was a shame that your own paranoid delusions brought about your downfall.