so curious

JanusDage

so i had an agreement to use a few trade spots in a trade circle, long story and i'm low on time but the short version is he donated a mil to me to get my 5th trade spot and when i refused to cancel my other trades and let him control all 5 spots for my nation he flipped out and is threatening to reduce my infastructure to zero....i'm hiding out in peace mode for my own safety but eventually that's going to get old with my populace.....anyone have an idea or alliance that wouldn't bone me over? cause apparently these DICE guys have nothing better to do than ruin the play experience of new players. Have hardly been here 3 weeks at best.

so any ideas?

It is unusual to have an agreement for the use of less than five of a members trade slots in a trade circle (a trade circle is a group of people who trade with each other for the maximum mutual benefit). The very nature of a trade circle dictates that all six members trade with each other using all five of each member's slots... it would not work with some members giving up all of their slots and some members only giving up two or three.

Might I suggest you review the original terms of the agreement, if at all possible? The most likely scenario seems to be that upon accepting the $1m you were supposed to join in fully with the trade circle (trading with all five other members of it), but somewhere along the line there has been a breakdown in communication and understanding about the agreement.

Your options seem to be a) you either clear all of your trade slots and join the trade circle that the other guys thought you were going to be a part of, or b) if you don't want to be part of the trade circle (I don't really see why you wouldn't; they usually mean stable trades and good bonuses - not to mention someone else doing all the work in finding the trades for you) then pay back the $1m and apologise for the misunderstanding.

Edited by Aimee Mann

Yep^^^

It seems you misunderstood what a trade circle is. Probably an honest mistake but I see where the other guy is coming from. I would suggest you get into the circle it's usually the best way to keep decent trades. If you don't want to for whatever reason then you have to pay back the $1mil which is what i'm sure is the root cause of the anger.

See he knew going in that I thought it was 2 or 3 slots tops being used because I told him how I use my trade slots. He knew it and told me to upgrade anyway os I spent it....now their boss goes from saying basicly "sorry, he's a tool, lets call it a misunderstanding and let it go away" to demanding I give him 50 tech to make it go away simply because I chose not to remain in the same alliance as the guy...I mean would you remain in an alliance that lured you in with lies? I shouldn't have to pay him anything as the original terms of agreement on the trade was "trade with these two people and you can be in the circle" basicly...I was a day into the game at the time and knew no better.

See he knew going in that I thought it was 2 or 3 slots tops being used because I told him how I use my trade slots. He knew it and told me to upgrade anyway os I spent it....now their boss goes from saying basicly "sorry, he's a tool, lets call it a misunderstanding and let it go away" to demanding I give him 50 tech to make it go away simply because I chose not to remain in the same alliance as the guy...I mean would you remain in an alliance that lured you in with lies? I shouldn't have to pay him anything as the original terms of agreement on the trade was "trade with these two people and you can be in the circle" basicly...I was a day into the game at the time and knew no better.

Your rapidly going to find that Bob is an unforgiving place,

It would be standard for you to be required to repay in such a circumstance and by offering to accept tech instead they are being reasonable.

You will also find that being without an alliance for any length of time is a very bad thing.

Personally I'd suggest going and talking to either OTF (the alliance of Ammie man) MHA

or if you want to remain independent for a while whilst receiving help and advice Citadel Trading Company

Any of these or another large alliance if you prefer will be able to offer you diplomatic and financial help out of your predicament, should you be willing to commit to them for a few months whilst you learn the game

IRC and forum links can be found in the pinned thread at the top of Alliance Politics

Yeah, unfortunately as long as you don't have an alliance you will be at the mercy of the people making demands of you, regardless of whether you're in the right or not.

So as Synth said having people to do diplomatic work or offer financial help really comes in handy at a time like this. If you explain to a new alliance your problem then they should deal with it for you as it's really not that big of an issue (you certainly shouldn't have to live in peace mode because of it!), but you are being taken advantage of because you don't have anyone to help you out.