Nation Events

broomdr

Last Nation Event  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm generally not one to complain when an online game treats me poorly, but this is getting ridiculous.

Between my CN:S and CN:TE nations, the past 8-12 events that I've gotten have ALL been bad.

I either have extremely bad luck, or there simply is a high ratio of Good:Bad possible events.

The purpose of this topic is not to get sympathy, but to get a survey of what others' experiences are.

You simply have had a string of bad luck. Events are completely randomly assigned, with available events at a 49:51 ratio of positive to negative. For what it's worth, I've had a fairly balanced record of them with a slight advantage to the positive ones.

Admin geared events to be slightly favoured towards negative events on purpose. Its designed to be tough on you. As a world leader you are not supposed to get an easy ride! Of course its only very slightly favoured towards negative, so some of you really are just unlucky.

Me and this guy must be the selected few "unlucky." I ave yet to get a good event in my almost 1 year of playing. I dont think i have ever once had less then 2 events at a time either. And being as how they are always intact with a negative affect they do a substancial amount of damage to my income, population,bonus resources, and land.

You, and everyone else I've ever talked to in CN, have bad luck.

Not only that, but if you have "normal" luck, you still get hosed, because bad events are twice as bad as good events are good.

Not really. I manipulate my collections to get 30 days worth of good events and 11-15 of bad. Even if I got bad just slightly more often and it was twice as bad as good, I could break even or even squeeze out a little profit.

I seem to have access to a pot of one event: -$5 per citizen or -10% land. It plagues my standard and TE nations. I have had more positive events in TE though, I cannot remember the last time I had a good event in standard. Generally, a day before I collect an event shaves at least 3 happiness off my otherwise delighted citizens.

Can't we have a wonder that negates events? Not sure what it would be...I'd pay very good money for one of those! Or what about a slightly geeky thing like a luck stat? A wonder that predisposes your nation to have better 'luck'...?

I seem to have access to a pot of one event: -$5 per citizen or -10% land. It plagues my standard and TE nations. I have had more positive events in TE though, I cannot remember the last time I had a good event in standard. Generally, a day before I collect an event shaves at least 3 happiness off my otherwise delighted citizens.

Can't we have a wonder that negates events? Not sure what it would be...I'd pay very good money for one of those! Or what about a slightly geeky thing like a luck stat? A wonder that predisposes your nation to have better 'luck'...?

I don't think admin would be ready to introduce superstition into the game. lol

Over the course of events, I have been asking around, and found a rather odd trend.

But smaller nations tend to get hit with the more negative events, and stronger nations the more positive ones.

I can't really give proof to this, cause its all in people's reports to me, and my own experience with events. But when I was a young nation, I got many of the negative events, -$2, -10% land, -$3... stuff like that.

But lately once I broke roughly 22k I have been getting +2 happiness, and +1happiness/$2 stuff like that.

Has any other players noticed this trend?

I also have no data for nations past 55k, just for reference. And overall its generally a 3-5:1 positive to negative event ratio with those that I have asked over 20k

Over the course of events, I have been asking around, and found a rather odd trend.

But smaller nations tend to get hit with the more negative events, and stronger nations the more positive ones.

I can't really give proof to this, cause its all in people's reports to me, and my own experience with events. But when I was a young nation, I got many of the negative events, -$2, -10% land, -$3... stuff like that.

But lately once I broke roughly 22k I have been getting +2 happiness, and +1happiness/$2 stuff like that.

Has any other players noticed this trend?

I also have no data for nations past 55k, just for reference. And overall its generally a 3-5:1 positive to negative event ratio with those that I have asked over 20k

Its not coded to do that. If its happening its a rare freak of nature. But i would severely question the representativeness of your sample.

Indeed. Honestly I think sometimes we tend to forget there are currently 27,718 nations playing. They each potentially have two opportunities a day to get an event. Granted, we're no where near having all 27,718 use both of those opportunties every day for 55,436 possible event occurences daily, but it does illustrate the large numbers we're talking about. Results at the extremes are not going to be as rare as one might assume given the number of opportunities. So, yes there going to be those that enjoy almost nothing but positive events and those who suffer with the opposite.

Samplings are almost meaningless because the size of the sampling rarely if ever approaches something scientifically useful. The gathering of the sampling is based on those sampled's general impression and not actual numbers. This is going to be colored by the perceptions of others they've heard or read about as well as their own experience. And those posting tend to be those receiving from the negative end of the bell curve verse the positive end.

My nation is over 118k and I've received events in roughly the expected ratios since events were turned back on.

Id rather want to see the events being designed so that in the long run it will be about even. The main thing about events is that it gives the player something else to do other than just the normal paying bills and collecting taxes.

In fact the feature with events being triggered also when paying bills means that as long as the events is mostly bad, people have stoped paying bills every day. Instead they do infra swapping and don't pay the bills unless they have to, normaly to change to the collecting improvements and to send aid. The "penalty" for not paying bills every day is a flat $5000 fee, and that is far to little to make it worth the risk to get a bad event by paying bills to often.

So in my mind the new event system worked opposite of what it was intended to do, namely to give the players more to do. As of now the players have even less to do since they don't pay bills daily there is no need to even check your nation everyday, for semi active people that means they are likely to forgett their nation for a few days risking them to loose their nation due to inactivity. And those semi active players won't create a new nation to replace the old one, they will instead just drop the game.