Aluminum Shortage?

Ruggerdawg

I'm a Trade Guild Engineer and I've been working on quite a trade circles recently. Specifically, I work on TCs with BRs of Beer/Fast Food/Construction+Nukes (with fish or lead). These require the same 11 resources with 1 filler slot. I currently have about 8 or 10 open TCs that all require Aluminum as a resources. Has anyone else noticed an Aluminum shortage?

I looked through the last 25 or 30 applicants to our alliance. None of them have Aluminum, but I'm seeing a lot of nations with Cattle, Lumbar, Spices, Wheat.

Are the resources assigned randomly or is there any way for the game to compensate for a lack of resources? I can understand limiting certain resources to make the game more interesting, but if that's not what is happening here, perhaps there's an unreasonable, and unintentional shortage of a specific resource.

Resources are assigned totally randomly. There is no compensating for shortages or limiting certain resources. Currently the game has 2800 nations of 27,478 that have Aluminum. Since each nation has two resources slots, the total number of resource slots in the game is 54,956. There are 21 basic resources. That means evenly divided, there would be 2616.95 slots for each resource. So based on the numbers there is no actual shortage of Aluminum based on random assignment. The reason there appears to be a shortage is the demand for it. 2800 nations can each trade with 5 other nations. That means a maximum of 14,000 can trade for Aluminum leaving 13,478 without any ability to get Aluminum. Yet Aluminum is needed for virtually all the major resource builds being sought ( the sole exception being some of AP/FJ variants). So it's a numbers game with everyone wanting to get Aluminum but only slightly more than half will.

The problem with CN is the issue with re-rolling nations because some resources are generally just bad if you compare them with the rest.

Resources needs to either be continuously tweaked untill we find the perfect balance, OR we need some sort of an open market where resources in high demand is a lot more expensive to trade for. If you had to pay 100k* each day for a fish trade, and gained an extra 100k* each day for accepting a fur trade then many more would actually settle for the cheap but medicore resources and not go after only the resources needed for the 3BR trade circle.

*cash values just grabed out of thin air, will probably need to be tweaked to consider the NS of the nation.

Yes, im a trade engineer too, as you refered to it. Ive recently seen limitid Aluminum, Spices, and Iron. However, I have had 9 nations with Cattle and Pigs tryy to get trades. So I see your complaint, however, the only way around such high demands, it to come up with circles that people will accept, and try to help them as much as possible.

Yeah I've set up about 10 3BR circles now and aluminum is generally the hardest to get, to the extent that I start with aluminum and work the rest around it. In fact any of the construction BR ingredients are hard to find. Also Pigs and wheat is oddly difficult to get...

Kills me to see a 20 day old nation 20 days inactive with Aluminum and Iron...

I sat around making all of my friends roll nations who didn't play and a few of them got REALLY good resources. :awesome:

Wheat/Lumber

Aluminum/Iron

Fish/Wheat

Aluminum/water TWICE

I'm going to make them all re-roll until they get really good resources and make them trade with my friends in-game who have crap resources.

Edited by o ya baby

Yeah I've set up about 10 3BR circles now and aluminum is generally the hardest to get, to the extent that I start with aluminum and work the rest around it. In fact any of the construction BR ingredients are hard to find. Also Pigs and wheat is oddly difficult to get...

Kills me to see a 20 day old nation 20 days inactive with Aluminum and Iron...

And I remember seeing an nation that was 20 days inactive while 19 days old, and had Lumber and Aluminum...

There was one time my friend rerolled because he didn't like his nation even though it had Aluminum and Marble, and the new nation had Fur and Lead. :awesome:

Anyways, I also find it hard to get Aluminum to set up my trade circle, some nations with open trade slots refused to accept my trade circle offer. I think we need to find a way to make the bad resources better, and more compatible with other resources. Furs and Oil does not mix well because they generate bad boost for you nation.

The difficulty is that on balance most resources are pretty good. Lead really helps with navy and nuke bills, Furs grows your nation 1.5 miles per day (handy when land start getting expensive). Perhaps we just need a few more bonus resources to account for your awkward resource combos - I don't think the success of a nation should be down to chance on day 1 when the player didn't know what he was doing...

Having said that, the beauty of the 3BR is that it actually only requires 10 resources so you can add two rubbish ones in so that against the odds, they get the benefit too. Hard to get a 3BR with no wildcards these days though and then you have to talk everyone round cos they wanted fish and and uranium as the wildcards, etc.

I've got a 3BR with fish and furs and my resources are Aluminum and Fish. If I didn't have the Aluminum, my nation would probably look very different...

Edited by NeoGandalf

I sat around making all of my friends roll nations who didn't play and a few of them got REALLY good resources. :awesome:

I'm going to make them all re-roll until they get really good resources and make them trade with my friends in-game who have crap resources.

I'm not about to re-roll at my level and a lot of the people that we've lost to inactivity aren't coming back, so no chances there. Not sure why I have such an issue with this, but the idea of rolling repeatedly to get the best resources doesn't seem right. I wouldn't say it's cheating, but part of the game play is getting stuck with random resources. It sucks there isn't enough aluminum in the game, but as long as it's not artificially low, I guess I'm fine with it.

So, basically, the trade system part of the game needs some work, you're saying?

Can't agree with you more.

I agree, we should have a market system where you can buy resources from other nations. Such as; 10 ton of Coal and etc. The pricing of the resources are based on how much the sellers' decision of pricing, and that the amount of each nations' resource producing amount is based on infra (factories, roads, workers, and etc), tech (factories, roads, and etcs' efficiency), and land (how much resources, for example, the more land you have, the more Wheat your nation can produce and the more Iron your nation can mine).