quick M*A*S*H announcement

i hate cyber nations

Around 40 hours ago a M*A*S*H nation was tech raided by a member from NAAW and GREAT. While both nations made it clear the attacks were a raid, M*A*S*H was notified by our member that he had been attacked. M*A*S*H has always had a policy of retaliating against tech raiders, a policy that has persisted for more than one round.

In response we attacked the nation of George the Great with three nations, because he never offered peace to our nation. Our intent was to make sure we were never raided again. Now, while we set out to prove a point, it has become clear that our act was excessive. We did not inform George of our policy of retaliating against raiders and we damaged his nation in the process.

We apologize to GREAT and hope that relations within the black sphere can remain stable even after what occurred.

-M*A*S*H

Boy meets girl.

Boy slaps girl around with a large trout.

Girl and girlfriends curbstomp boy.

Boy's friends on the football team get ticked off

Boy's friends and the girls realize that they would like to date each other.

Everyone goez to the prom!

(Do not take any analogy further than it goes.)

Congrats, one and all!

o/ MASH!!!

o/ GREAT!!!

B)

Edited by Bedford Forrest

Am I reading this wrong? :unsure:

Someone raided a MASH nation, so MASH attacked that nation as I'd hope any alliance would, and now they've been forced to apologise.

How ridiculous.

The DoW that was sent to the M*A*S*H nation clearly stated that GREAT would offer peace. The GREAT nation didn't have time, logged off and checked their nation afterwards. They received a 3v1 from M*A*S*H just because peace was not offered right away. I can understand retaliation when peace is not in the DoW or sent to the nation but if its printed somewhere, theres no reason to hit back with so much force. Retaliation is to be expected in a raid but a dog pile is a little overboard.

The DoW that was sent to the M*A*S*H nation clearly stated that GREAT would offer peace. The GREAT nation didn't have time, logged off and checked their nation afterwards. They received a 3v1 from M*A*S*H just because peace was not offered right away. I can understand retaliation when peace is not in the DoW or sent to the nation but if its printed somewhere, theres no reason to hit back with so much force. Retaliation is to be expected in a raid but a dog pile is a little overboard.

If you're careless enough to raid someone in an alliance with nations bigger than you're own then you deserve to get nailed. Just because you put ''friendly raid'' or ''pm for peace'' or from what you're saying ''Peace sent'' doesn't make it any better.

Besides, peace is irrelevent, peace doesn't replace the infra, tech, land and money lost, what were they going to do, send him reps and an apology? :rolleyes:

Clearly the best course of action here would've been to just get all nations to peace out. GREAT nation attacks M*A*S*H nation, M*A*S*H smack him hard for doing so, he learns his lesson and they all go on their merry(christmas to you all) way. Instead of that, M*A*S*H get bullied into apologising on here and for what exactly, excessively defending their members? I didn't know there was such a thing.

Anyway, that's just my outsiders perspective of the situation here, maybe it's wrong.

M*A*S*H, awesome stuff, as has been said by many in here I know I'll think twice before raiding one of you guys after reading this.

o/ M*A*S*H

o\ Bullies :((

If you're careless enough to raid someone in an alliance with nations bigger than you're own then you deserve to get nailed. Just because you put ''friendly raid'' or ''pm for peace'' or from what you're saying ''Peace sent'' doesn't make it any better.

Besides, peace is irrelevent, peace doesn't replace the infra, tech, land and money lost, what were they going to do, send him reps and an apology? :rolleyes:

Clearly the best course of action here would've been to just get all nations to peace out. GREAT nation attacks M*A*S*H nation, M*A*S*H smack him hard for doing so, he learns his lesson and they all go on their merry(christmas to you all) way. Instead of that, M*A*S*H get bullied into apologising on here and for what exactly, excessively defending their members? I didn't know there was such a thing.

Anyway, that's just my outsiders perspective of the situation here, maybe it's wrong.

M*A*S*H, awesome stuff, as has been said by many in here I know I'll think twice before raiding one of you guys after reading this.

o/ M*A*S*H

o\ Bullies :((

I don't know if you've noticed, but there's a lot of people that raid alliances because it's not SE. The force M*A*S*H used was a bit excessive even in SE terms especially if diplomacy wasn't tried first.

I don't see it as excessive. MASH has a right to defend their members just like any other alliance here. You just shouldn't raid alliances...its pretty easy. They avoided more conflict by making an apology and that is honorable of them.

Merry Christmas :)

I don't see it as excessive. MASH has a right to defend their members just like any other alliance here. You just shouldn't raid alliances...its pretty easy. They avoided more conflict by making an apology and that is honorable of them.

Merry Christmas :)

Doing a 3v1 all out update blitz (cms air etc), Is very excessive for a simple raid.

Doing a 3v1 all out update blitz (cms air etc), Is very excessive for a simple raid.

Who are we to dictate what is excessive force..when their nations are getting raided?

Our policy is pretty simple in this game. We do not allow any raids on any alliances. Anyone does it they are a rogue from our alliance and we expect them to get blown up. Anyone wants to raid us in a tech raid..we blow you up.

Edited by BastardofGod

Who are we to dictate what is excessive force..when their nations are getting raided?

Our policy is pretty simple in this game. We do not allow any raids on any alliances. Anyone does it they are a rogue from our alliance and we expect them to get blown up. Anyone wants to raid us in a tech raid..we blow you up.

Defending your nations from attack, and completely ruining the game for someone are 2 different things. A raid may set you back a day or two in growth, but a full out blitz like that sets you back a week or more. If you step on someones toe, its not fair for them to break your neck...

Defending your nations from attack, and completely ruining the game for someone are 2 different things. A raid may set you back a day or two in growth, but a full out blitz like that sets you back a week or more. If you step on someones toe, its not fair for them to break your neck...

How do they know its just a raid? I mean cause you put tech raid PM for peace? I mean...I think we both know that this isn't followed a 100 percent. Sometimes people keep up the attack. What about the people that get dog piled and then they expect that they can just walk away in their tech raid...I mean..you leave a lot of room open in the what if category.

I think every alliance has a right to their sovereignty and the defense of that.

The bad thing is the Great nation that made the attack knew it was a Mash nation..although hes a cool guy...just use a little sense. :)

I have to disagree with you here.

EDIT ADD:

Plus tech raids set people back a lot here. There is no aid in this world to make right on damages..its blood for blood.

Edited by BastardofGod

Oh damn, set back a whole week for your idiocy? Learned your lesson? I hope so. What do you suggest, they half defend their nation? What a crock of !@#$.

It's as though you guys believe your own bs except you can only half defend yourselves here because in the back of your mind you know you're completely in the wrong.

Really if it was necessary for an owf topic with an apology, it should be a ''sorry I raided the wrong alliance'' thread, not this.

Anyway, I've said my bit and the thread is getting locked, congrats to MASH for dodging that bullet.

Oh damn, set back a whole week for your idiocy? Learned your lesson? I hope so. What do you suggest, they half defend their nation? What a crock of !@#$.

It's as though you guys believe your own bs except you can only half defend yourselves here because in the back of your mind you know you're completely in the wrong.

Really if it was necessary for an owf topic with an apology, it should be a ''sorry I raided the wrong alliance'' thread, not this.

Anyway, I've said my bit and the thread is getting locked, congrats to MASH for dodging that bullet.

I dont think anyone's in the wrong, they can defend their nations how they see fit, it just may come at a price. There retaliation was a bit much for a simple raid in our minds, maybe not in yours, but you are entitled to your opinion. There is no need to use harsh language or name call man it'll be ok.

And are you involved in this in any way shape or form ? Great wanted an apology Mash offered one up, it was pointless for the two alliances to get in a war over this so it got settled.

IMO I believe the correct alliance defensive response to any tech-raid with peace sent, would be assigning "one" other aligned superior nation to respond in kind. This technically puts two nations against the one raiding and normally inflicts acceptable damage. Of course, this response could lead to peace, if peace was sent, or it could escalate to one of the raiding nations alliance member joining in. At this point all bets are off, knowing most alliance wars begin this way.

To immediately assign two nations to curbstomp another nation for a tech raid should be considered an immediate action of excessive force and delt with accordingly.

Fair play is part of the game and any nation that trys to create their own rules or dominate without abiding to rules of fair play will be judged by all that play the game.

Have we forgotten the war with MI and the reasons for Judgment?

This said, I am sorry to see George the Great get dealt such an unfair blow but happy to see everyone concerned has worked it out.

Edited by Striker DCS