The Foreign Division

circlewood

Do you want a place to start over? Do you want to leave your past behind?

Well don't look any further, just join the Foreign Division! We don't ask where you come from or what you did before you joined us. With us the only things that matter are who you are and what you do now and in the future. This is your chance to start over: leave your struggling past behind and move on.

Join the Foreign Division!

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Foreign_Division

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Foreign_Division

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want a place to start over? Do you want to leave your past behind?

Well don't look any further, just join the Foreign Division! We don't ask where you come from or what you did before you joined us. With us the only things that matter are who you are and what you do now and in the future. This is your chance to start over: leave your struggling past behind and move on.

Join the Foreign Division!

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Foreign_Division

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Foreign_Division

DarkQuiksilver's TFD Newsletter

p10749660.gif

Newsletter Issue 1 October 2007

Editor's Comment

First off, I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this newsletter, and to apologise for the huge delay between writing it and actually releasing it. I would also like to thank Nam Cam for reminding me that it existed.

So, here it is. A newsletter for the Foreign Division. Whether you're a TFD member or not, I hope you'll enjoy reading it (at the very least).

NB: Future issues will have more artwork, so sorry that this issue looks rather plain.

A Word from the President

For the first newsletter I thought it would be best to give an overview of TFD, its structure, history and vision.

TFD was founded shortly after GW2. Its vision was to create a place where everyone can go without troubling himself/herself about the past. We wanted to be a place where people could have a clean-slate start and where only that counts what they do, not what they did.

We have become this place. Over the past half year we've grown to a minor power with 50+ members and a politically active place. Our democratic structures served us well. People with ambition and skill came to power and helped expand and professionalize this alliance. TFD is a place where people can contribute, if they want and where they want. They are rewarded with trust and friendship.

Our greatest asset is our community. Even the newest members are welcomed into our group. Help receives who help requires. And even during dark times, we stick together. Of that I'm proud, proud to serve this community as President.

Best regards,

Tamurin

The Foreign Division Major News

� TFD becomes an elected democracy!: (Oct 9th 2007)

o The senate voted to move away from a Presidency and instead changed to a system where a "Speaker" is elected (effectively a third, head senator.) The Speaker can declare a state of emergency and can veto a Senate decision.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and TFDs global relations

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs aims to secure TFDs position as an independent and sovereign Alliance. Its strategy is to play cricket on the geopolitical arena. It follows the path of future orientation, cooperation and good-neighborly friendship with likeminded alliances. Over the last couple of months the Ministry has become huge and TFD has signed treaties with friends and opened numerous embassies all over Planet Bob.

To guarantee Ethical, Apt and Tactful Conduct of our diplomats and to realize our diplomatic goals, in August the MoFA issued the

Code of Conduct for Overseas Service 2007.

In October 2007 Nam Cam was called back from retirement by the President to initiate a process of renovation of the Ministry. Together with the president and the senate ways to streamline the ministry in order to avoid diplomatic overstretch and to improve transparency are currently tried out. Discussions on how to increase participation by TFD members in the Corps Diplomatique are also ongoing.

Lusitan, who joined TFD in July 2007, has been promoted to Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs. He will work with the oversight of our diplomats and embassies abroad and serve as diplomat. Lusitan will report to the MoFA and together they will work on behalf of the Senate and the members of the TFD.

Hope to see you all soon, somewhere on Planet Bob!

Nam Cam

Minister of Information's View of TFD Intelligence

I have been in CN for 272 days and I have been in two alliances namely GDI and The Foreign Division. I have been a member of The Foreign Division since

26th of March 07 and I hopefully will continue to do so for many days to come!

I was originally a normal semi-active member but I have since made good friends here and I have responsibilities which includes active communication.

I have found this alliance to be very friendly and growth/stability is actively encouraged here.

I first started doing odd-jobs for TFD mainly in diplomacy where i helped to set up ties with GATO/NATO/OIN etc. I am always an active member of the CN forum and I try to watch every event unfold so as to keep abreast of Pan-CN relations. I was asked by the Minister of Security, Progmode to assist him in security matters in the intelligence field, which I have been doing to the best of my ability.

The questions I brought to the defence community of TFD.

1. Would you agree with intelligence being an important factor of CN?

Yes. I believe that the first-line of defence for any alliance is good knowledge and unobtrusive scrutiny. Before any alliance defends itself, it must know how and when it will be attacked.

2. Would you mind if nations were to submit information to a central data store in this forum?

Yes with exceptions, I think that personal data should be excluded as well as previous alliance membership details etc. However if new events arise, such as defence based programs being created then information may need to submitted. These programs can help defend TFD and they almost certainly will need up-to-date information of nation strengths etc.

3. Do you agree or disagree with random checks/tests of fidelity within TFD? I agree with the use of counter-espionage only if there is well-founded doubt over a member's fallibility. Tests and procedures can be created and I would not be against these as long as they are only used when there is still doubt over a member's intentions

4. Would you agree with intelligence gathering being performed externally?

Yes. In my eyes this can only be operated with the express permission of our government and president. But to keep informed of 'enemy' alliances we may need to have access to information and to truly know their intentions. I personally would advocate a small intelligence operation being performed within ITAO. We may have the protection of CDT but those guys

may still be a threat and I'm sure they haven't forgotten their embarrassing

defeat at our and our allies hands.

5. Would you agree with TFD's Bureau of Intel recruiting agents from within our alliance?

Yes, where else shall we find them!

6. Would you agree with TFD's Bureau of Intel recruiting agents from outside our alliance? Yes but only with the knowledge that their word is the truth and they have no ulterior intentions.

7. Do you think that all Intel should be handed over to the CDT?

Only in time of war should any information from TFD be handed over to a third-party and even then only by request.

I created these questions so that I could find the general consensus of TFD upon the matters stated above. The final draft will be published shortly after it has been reviewed and amended by the Minister Of Security, Senate and President. I hope this small interview has helped you. Please feel free to ask me any more questions at your pleasure

Yours, Hampstead

Edited by Nam Cam

Want a tightly run tech market for cheap tech or easy money?

Want a trade guild system for arranging trade circles for maximum bonuses and stability?

Want a rogue squadron to gain battle experience on troublesome or, dare I say it, naughty nations?

Want a well organised military wing to maximise effect and minimise response time in time of war?

Want an alliance with a lot of experienced members ready to pass on valuable advice or aid?

Want a fully democratic process with positions in the organisation available?

Do I really need to give you the answer to these questions?