CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Shut up Melech, nobody cares what you think.

Anyways, quick survey would anyone be interested in commanding units for a battle of the Indian between a break out Pure Lands vs the Tianxia Empire.  Each unit would be judged based on quality equipment, training, combat experience, and stealth.

Individual unit commanders would combine various forces in the campaign such as corps sized formations, naval task forces, etc in a war game style, their moves would be subject to judging if controversial, however character RP would be encouraged.  Each turn commanders could bid on new assets to replace their losses from the strategic level commands.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm happy to let them if they earn it and take risks, just like I did you lazy bum.

How to become a global power:

1. Take risks.
2. Get crushed by Tianxia and its allies.

I can't help but reread these and laugh considering the current situation.

Well, it would not really be a risk if it was safe. One just should think about what the risks are and how to deal with them before taking risks. In the case of South America, I call it severe miscalculations and failing diplomacy.

It's not a risk if it's safe, it's also not a risk if it's !@#$@#$ impossible.

Triyun also said, take risks, not try the impossible. The way to great power status is not easy and it may not be achievable in one go. Quite frankly, I doubt anyone could do it in one go. But it is not impossible, if one correctly recognises opportunities, takes the risks that have a reasonable ratio of reward to possible backlash and secures the gains afterwards. To do this, the correct utilisation of diplomacy is required (I would refer to armed forces as extension of the arsenal of diplomatic means) and one has to recognise what it is that may not pay off immediatly, but pays off in the long term.

If I look at South America, the current events are the result of a series of diplomatic mistakes that led to the utter collapse of the internal strength of the continent. This starts with the negligient policing that allowed territories to slip away, the wrong approach of other players that have interests in the theater, the lack of reliable diplomatic ties and ends with the miscalculation that somehow the lack of overall strength would earn Zephyr the whole continent. Power comes with responsibility and is only kept by acting responsible. Negligience leads to loss of power. After the Bolivia debacle where inactivity of the regional hegemon (SAO) led to outside parties with interests in the area (Triyun and I) to step in, it should have been clear that the world saw South america as a collapsed system, situation not being helped by two of the major people leaving. As should it have been clear to Zephyr that his own hegemonial claim was rejected by Triyun and me, when I annexed Bolivia, fully taking into consideration what repercussions could be. But instead of waiting and working on a more firm claim, he thought he had to dissolve the SAO, take the rest of South America for himself and somehow Triyun and I should care.

tl;dr: Zephyr tried to gain too much too soon with too little preparation and too little regard for who else could have interests in the area.

And personally, I know it was maybe not the most friendly move I ever made, but after the first Bolivian crisis and Republica/Paraguayan behaviour back then, I couldn't bring up a ton of sympathy and after getting asked to somehow justify my moves before those two, which implies some sort of hegemonial claim which they just don't have, as well as his failed attempt to threaten me with military force (More fortunate for him to not declare war on me), short Triyun telling me to, there's little that gets me out of there for the time to come.

Just please don't try to feed me some bullshit about how it's actually possible to dethrone Triyun by this point. I'm not whining about the fact that Tianxia now dominates CNRP-- Triyun put the work in to get there and all-- but just stop pretending that a) this contributes positively to CNRP and b) that this can actually be changed by anybody in CNRP. It can't, mostly because this is supposed to be fun for people, and it's not fun to wade through paragraph after paragraph of incomprehensible technobabble that basically amounts to 'fuck you, I have lots of tech' on the far-fetched chance that it might change anything 'in the long term'. Nobody wants to fight back when Triyun decides they're gonna be the latest subject of his need to remind everybody of how big and strong Tianxia is, so naturally people would rather just bail on CNRP than deal with it. Nobody wants to 'take the risks', because not only do those risks almost guarantee loss of their nation and characters, it's also just plain not fun.

Well, if you don't want to, then you don't need to. Being a superpower means putting work into it and it's perfectly fine if people think being a minor power, a regional power, some normal state or whatever is more fun to RP. Sure it can be. But I dare reject the notion that nothing can be done. It just involves time and effort and taking reasonable risks. And with reasonable risks I mean something like taking a harsh but well-paying job, in the hopes one can work without burning out there and rake in cash, not some risk that's like throwing yourself before a train because someone promised a few billion dollars should you survive.

Also, if people just bail instead of fighting, it's their fault that they lose. If people rather not do anything, it's their fault that things don't change. You complain that nothing can be done when you acknowledge that just noone wants to put in the effort and as proof for your apologetic theory that nothing can be done you use someone's misguided actions.

That ignores the fact that Triyun has repeatedly in the past aggressively driven out various nations for no reason, or for OOC reasons (I really don't give a shit about whatever bullshit asinine excuse he comes up with IC). 'Mind your own business' doesn't really work when the global superpower has a tendency to fuck with people who do just that.

Even if Triyun attacks people who mind their own business, he does not just blindly attack whatever runs across his way. Thee are reasons and it should not be hard to avoid becoming a target. Also because in some cases, like Bolivia it was not really just their own business anymore.

Also, if you want to blame Triyun for attacking challengers, I guess self-prervation isn't something wrong. But that's something one needs to take into account. We are blaming the successful for their successes, instead of the failing for their failures. And while one may start arguing that it may be inherent in the system and that it isn't the player's fault, in this case, the rules do only regulate the map claims and how ingame stats translate into IC stats. By the rules, whoever can boast anywhere similar numbers, on their own (like Lynneth) or as a coalition, should be able to be as powerful, yet this is not the case, due to people either giving up from the beginning (if everyone holes up in their own five pixels and shifts responsibility for changes to others, that's not helping) or being completely unreal about what to expect (overestimating their own strength and thinking they can achieve a major position much more easily than it actually is).

I actually have little interest in having this same discussion considering it's been had time and time again. I'm not blaming Triyun for attacking challengers, however: I think I've made it clear my problem is with him very obviously attacking nations for no reason, or for OOC reasons thinly veiled with flimsy IC reasons that couldn't fool a two year old.