CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the business of making non-earth maps as a hobby, but I've been hand drawing them for a couple years. Never on a computer.

I've been making a 6'x9' map for a couple years with possible story in the future. Yeah, the hard part has been naming and geography. If I have time, I guess I can move my mapmaking onto the computer for us to play around with.

EDIT: Although my current fantasy map has some... unrealistic aspects, as one would say, but can be easily edited out... no, watery 'Maze of Death' to see here. :lol:

Edited by Quest07

I mean, who is to say you can or cannot build a fortress/canal/etc there?

No one, as long as legitimate geography is determined FIRST.

I'm in the business of making non-earth maps as a hobby, but I've been hand drawing them for a couple years. Never on a computer.

I've been making a 6'x9' map for a couple years with possible story in the future. Yeah, the hard part has been naming and geography. If I have time, I guess I can move my mapmaking onto the computer for us to play around with.

Please do! :)

I say stay on earth. Its fun enough, and if people budge up to give noobs room, there is no real reason to leave.

If we did have a second planet, would you be restricted to one or the other? If both could you travel between them?

It'd probably be a second Universe, rather than a second planet, the same way Harry Turtledove's imagining of the Civil war is in no way applicable to our reality. If you can travel between here and there, I guess you could travel from here to that one, but I don't think the idea itself allows that.

THEN AGAIN, it's up to the community as to how they want to utilize it. The whole reason I'm considering this is to give people a chance to do something the current system doesn't.

It'd probably be a second Universe, rather than a second planet, the same way Harry Turtledove's imagining of the Civil war is in no way applicable to our reality. If you can travel between here and there, I guess you could travel from here to that one, but I don't think the idea itself allows that.

THEN AGAIN, it's up to the community as to how they want to utilize it. The whole reason I'm considering this is to give people a chance to do something the current system doesn't.

And that's why we :wub: you!

Please do! :)

I shall try to work on it and see what I can come with, ah the imagination, its a wonderful tool. As for history, my map's story (in my head) is where back in the 1970's the US launched the Voyager spacecraft into space and x amount of years later, it found a planet with life on it and what do you know, it's an "Earth-like" planet.

That is if you to travel between the two... I guess, we'll have to figure that out.

Hey, have antartica (or whatever it will be) on the top to make it that much more different! :awesome:

Really good map! Some more islands would be nice, but its still pretty awesome. It looks like a cross inbetween Pangea and today's land masses.

Edited by JerreyRough

Hey, have antartica (or whatever it will be) on the top to make it that much more different! :awesome:

Really good map! Some more islands would be nice, but its still pretty awesome. It looks like a cross inbetween Pangea and today's land masses.

I actually made that map using only parts from earth's borders and coasts. If you're good in geography, you'll likely find several things that look similar.

As for islands, those are easily put in and I fully authorize anyone who wants to do it to add stuff to the map.

I do not like the idea of two full on CNRP planets.

Btw, your map needs more land, and less water.

I don't care whether people want to stay on Earth or if they want a new planet.

I just posted the map for those who'd like a new planet.

As for land, can be added, though I won't do it. Roughly 48 hours of work are enough for me. <_<

Edit: I also made that map originally for a space-RP, where a species I made evolved on. So I made it earthly, but not exactly like earth. (See: less land.)

Edited by Lynneth

Two things I want to discuss:

1. Ethnic Cleansing

Here is the info from the forum rules:

SUBJECT CONTENT

The roleplay of brutal torture, ethnic cleansing, or sexually explicit engagements is strictly prohibited in all of the RP forums. Making topics or posts in breach of this will result in your thread being locked or archived and moderator action being taken on your account (action depends on severity of the offense). Please keep your posting within the limits of the forum rules: illegal or suspect posting of any kind will be subject to removal.

What definition of ethnic cleansing are we using? Genocide, ethnic moving, or cultural genocide?

2. PMs as IC

Are all PMs, if of a discussion of IC matters, to be considered IC or OOC?

PM's are OOC.

Ethnic cleansing is wrong... unless you use a fictional race (the purple people, all born with a purple spot on the same spot on their back?).

I wouldn't use Ethnic Cleansing (IC GTI is international and in order to make more money it must be in good standings with mostly everyone), but unless it uses RL races then I have no problem. And giving them a different name for the same race of people in RL isn't acceptable either.