Respect

Stormcrow

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mercy should create an entirely new map that doesn't look like Earth. There, problem solved. :awesome:
Oooooh. That sounds fun.

Hmm...no, not Mercy, unless he's got a lot of spare time...but it actually does sounsd like an interesting idea.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

They would be shillian. Not korean. MV wins.

Now, either get back to arguing the respect, or take this to the OOC thread.

Uh no. They're Korean. My people, I call them what I want.

Don't start telling me that I can't RP what my citizens are and what they aren't (at least ethnic-wise).

Seriously, Sumeragi, what the $%&@ is Korean culture? What the $%&@ is American culture? There isn't any. This is Planet Bob, not Planet Earth. If anything, it would be MercyFalloutian culture, and that's a stretch. Are you going to !@#$%* at me too for allowing terrorists to run a country in America? Anyone comes at me with that argument, I tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine. I RP the way I want, and no one is going to tell me what I can and cannot do with my nation as far as the people and culture living there.

Which I conveniently have named Korean culture. Korean culture in Shilla and on the RL Korean Peninsula is what I have defined it to be as I ruled over the area and over the nation since forever.

If you're going to start telling me that I can't name my culture, then I'll start calling yours something weird.

I think Mercy should create an entirely new map that doesn't look like Earth. There, problem solved. :awesome:

No.

Don't go running away with it. The community of rpers here seems to be rather settled on the use of the actual planet map, so as long as you recognize that it isn't the same reality for everyone, it should be fine.

In fact, starting a free, open Continuity (Universe in which the rp happens) for some healthy competition with our current one is in no ways a bad idea. Gives everyone a chance to experience something different. But this conversation needs to go to the OOC thread.

Now, a new map idea sounds great. Fine. It would be an interesting change.

However, even with five people working on the map, can you really get the same amount of detail/etc. as the real world gives us?

On top of that, we would have to figure new land formulas for it all making it more difficult on current players and new players. Why? Since right now we can just head over to our IG nations and check what our nation roughly looks like in the "My Nation Map" function. On a new planet, we would have to do mathematical formulas for pixel => miles, figure sizes of nations, etc. I'd rather not have to do that.

However, even with five people working on the map, can you really get the same amount of detail/etc. as the real world gives us?

On top of that, we would have to figure new land formulas for it all making it more difficult on current players and new players. Why? Since right now we can just head over to our IG nations and check what our nation roughly looks like in the "My Nation Map" function. On a new planet, we would have to do mathematical formulas for pixel => miles, figure sizes of nations, etc. I'd rather not have to do that.

As Stormcrow said, take it to the specifically OOC thread...you'll get more people to listen there...

Actually, it would make people be a lot more sensible with their land grabbing. There would only be as much work as you make it. I am going to draw up a rough draft for a new map, just for fun, and I'll show you guys my rough draft. I love making maps. I absolutely love it.

And the battles could be mroe realistic... I'm not talking about "soilder on side A kills 3 side B soilders, etc", but much more of "side A does push with 40,000 men at location C, side B's 30,000 men at location defend, but loose the location, side A looses 12,000 men and side B looses 9,000 men".

I can't say I'm very good with short and sweet.

What boggles my mind is how the rp is actually conducted. For instance, Nation A launches an assault on my nation and dictates to me how many of my men were killed, how or if any at all response was put up to their invasion.

In the past I've rped under the T-1 para rules in other role playing scenarios. These rules basically state that someone can attack you, but you the defender have the chance to defend yourself and respond accordingly. Further, it is the defender who chooses how much damage is taken from an attack.

To prevent godmodding sanctioned bouts were judged by someone who knew something about T-1 fighting.

The way people fight out wars here in CNRP takes alot of getting used to.

Edited by Firestorm

I can't say I'm very good with short and sweet.

What boggles my mind is how the rp is actually conducted. For instance, Nation A launches an assault on my nation and dictates to me how many of my men were killed, how or if any at all response was put up to their invasion.

In the past I've rped under the T-1 para rules in other role playing scenarios. These rules basically state that someone can attack you, but you the defender have the chance to defend yourself and respond accordingly. Further, it is the defender who chooses how much damage is taken from an attack.

To prevent godmodding sanctioned bouts were judged by someone who knew something about T-1 fighting.

The way people fight out wars here in CNRP takes alot of getting used to.

Are the following some of the T-1 para Rules?

5) Do not auto, or perform any other act which controls your opponent's character.

Explaination: Autoing is the act of announcing that your attack hits your opponent automatically, hence the name "auto". An auto can be anything from a regular punch to a lazer beam to the effects of magic. Attacks may only hit automatically if your opponent fails to respond to it in his or her next post, as any attacks you make that your opponent does not respond to are assumed to have hit and their full effect taken. Also, at no point may your character determine anything at all about your opponent's character, whether it's announcing your opponent's physical condition (ie, bleeding or becoming poisoned) or whether it's announcing their emotional or mental state (ie, surprised or angry). You may hint at these things as polite suggestions or by means of explaining your purpose, but you may in no way state them as fact.

Examples:

Wrong:

-Bob hits Billy, causing blood to gush from his nose-

-Bob jumps towards Billy, causing him to be surprised and making him fall down-

Correct:

-Bob throws a punch at Billy, hoping to hit his nose-

-Bob jumps towards Billy, hoping to surprise him and possibly make him fall down-

Edited by Voodoo Nova

Basically, I have always made sure to let people who I am RPing with know that they never roleplay my casualties. I don't for them either, and will usually just bring up a complaint if they are taking no losses (i.e. Agea and the South American invasion). If your tactics are good and sound, and it's something I didn't expect or prepare for, you're darn straight I'll roleplay my casualties out. However, if you come in with the same old, same old, they won't be nearly as effective.

I had thought #5 was just common sense, but most people here RP with just "I move forward and overwhelm your line and obliterate your forces, lol"

#5 seems just basic sense. #6 seems ludicrous. Thats twice as much text for well, not nearly the same fun. I have read RPs like that, and they drag at you.

However, #5 is really needed.

It basically allows for proper defensive maneuvers to be done and doesn't give attackers a near "invincibility mode" assault. It also allows those that are defending to not have to immediatly reply to war assaults and let war go at a slower pace for RP'ers with less time on their hands.

I agree #6 is ridiculous, I just copy/pasted something and didn't check to see what else was copied xD.... just watch it disappear now. :P