1000+ days: An analytical analysis of Cybernations in hindsight

bros

653 days is enough to rack up plenty of regrets.

How about we don't talk about current CN, and talk about the past instead?

I never went to the forums between Feb 12 2007 and September 11 2007 except once to ask a rules question (that never got answered) but I remember seeing all these Nordreich avatars and sigs etc and saying to my boss "wow these guys must kick everyone's asses." rofl.

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came into this game during the first wave of Paradoxians. I remember GW1, the founding of the Initiatve and the League, and the wars that followed. Those times definitally kept me going in this game, as it seemed that back then every few months a relatively even sided world war would shake the game up. The UJW was probably the last of it's kind.

I came into this game during the first wave of Paradoxians. I remember GW1, the founding of the Initiatve and the League, and the wars that followed. Those times definitally kept me going in this game, as it seemed that back then every few months a relatively even sided world war would shake the game up. The UJW was probably the last of it's kind.

You have the same history as I, but I do not share your pessimism (or optimism, if I am speaking in-character :P )

I faintly remember being on blue when PW2 started, but most of my memories are from after that, with GW1 being the first war I somewhat understood. And GW2 the first I really understood, I guess ;)

982 days old here

i started in a small alliance which eventually merged into TAGA if anyone remembers them. I think they were the coolest group of people i've ever had the pleasure of knowing in this game. Was around for the first great war however only learned that it happened about 2 months afterwards, Blissful ignorance.

I remember one of the first MADPs ever formed, The United for Orange treaty between the Orange Defense Network and the LUEnited Nations.

Man do I wish I didn't remember that betrayal. I think I was still in LUE when they went turncoat as well.

Why hello there, memories.

I joined with RIA's formaion, and I came over from GameFAQs. However I joined GATO about a week in. I was there for about a month when Depraved did his stunt and I realized GATO was probably the coolest alliance ever, because we all worked so hard to straighten things out and move our forums. I was ZI'ed a few times for GATO and was part of the Congress before leaving and going to Gre, which is my new home and I never want to leave. :P

Sitting at 930 days, I remember a lot fo stuff, like the Warpstorm War, a little of the Legion's entry into GW1, and then joining ICP. I remember the NoR-ICP cold war, and all the commie drama, and the Maroon War, GW2, St Patrick's Day War, and GW3.

Yea, I've been here far too long.

Above all else, having been in the game since just before PWII, I can honestly say out of all the things I miss the greatest frankly is Ivan Moldavi; love him or hate him, he was one of the single most polarizing personalities inhistory, he was never apologetic about his actions whether you thought him right or wrong, you always knew where you or your alliance stood with him, and he was never bashful about reminding you about his and the NPO/NpO's dominance. Cybernations as a game is just not the same without him. I harkon for the days of yore. :(

That thread made me miss many good times.

I'm relatively new. I came in at around the same time as Shark Week.

You missed good times

Yep. During GW1, GW2, etc. they actaully affected every single player in CN

982 days old here

i started in a small alliance which eventually merged into TAGA if anyone remembers them. I think they were the coolest group of people i've ever had the pleasure of knowing in this game. Was around for the first great war however only learned that it happened about 2 months afterwards, Blissful ignorance.

I remember TAGA. They were a combination of two alliances. I forget who they were atm.

Man do I wish I didn't remember that betrayal. I think I was still in LUE when they went turncoat as well.

You were. You left shortly after.

Why hello there, memories.

I joined with RIA's formaion, and I came over from GameFAQs. However I joined GATO about a week in. I was there for about a month when Depraved did his stunt and I realized GATO was probably the coolest alliance ever, because we all worked so hard to straighten things out and move our forums. I was ZI'ed a few times for GATO and was part of the Congress before leaving and going to Gre, which is my new home and I never want to leave. :P

You RIA !@#$%^&* wanted to kill LUE D:

<3 RIA

Above all else, having been in the game since just before PWII, I can honestly say out of all the things I miss the greatest frankly is Ivan Moldavi; love him or hate him, he was one of the single most polarizing personalities inhistory, he was never apologetic about his actions whether you thought him right or wrong, you always knew where you or your alliance stood with him, and he was never bashful about reminding you about his and the NPO/NpO's dominance. Cybernations as a game is just not the same without him. I harkon for the days of yore. :(

I love you Jhouse. I remember you from when I was in GATO.

Ivan was probably the best emperor the NPO has had. He actually... was civil to his opponents and did not let emotion cloud his judgment. One of the more interesting players and M*gets shot*

Ivan's directness was what made him a good opponent. He had a sense of civility. It was hilarious when he tried to recruit Airme into NPO during GW2 peace talks.

NPO, as an alliance, has done some shady stuff, but Ivan Moldavi at least on the outside, appeared to like to keep things straight and non-cheating. Except for the aid waterfalls, but who DIDN'T use them?

The Network, anyone?

What about the one with Nordreich and a bunch of other dumb little alliances of 6 people? NDF was it? Northern Defence Front... Something like that.

I think we can say with some certainty that a majority of blocs have been pretty terrible.

NPO, as an alliance, has done some shady stuff, but Ivan Moldavi at least on the outside, appeared to like to keep things straight and non-cheating. Except for the aid waterfalls, but who DIDN'T use them?

IRON didn't, because according to Ender and Loegaire I conspired with admin to ruin their first attempt at it shortly after I joined the NPO. :v:

Edited by Doitzel