1000+ days: An analytical analysis of Cybernations in hindsight

bros

939 days old here. I remember you all through my time on here. From both sides fo the fence.

My one regret is that I had to give up the reigns at GOLD. I feel responsible for everything that happened to it after that.

The MDP web reminded me of that, since we were there in our little corner of it.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes me kind of sad that I didn't start playing earlier. I started in late July 07, For me the "old times" were the old forums and GOONS, FAN, and \m/ were still around on the forums, making them a bit more diverse than they are now. Seems like most of the alliances today are just kind of bland.

Yeah thats pretty much the same as me, I first started in late February 07. I remember being in a tiny alliance (huge to me) with a few RL friends and GATO'ers coming to our forums trying to recruit us during GWIII.

I also still vividly remember the few days when CN was shut down and wondering WTF was going on, only to find out much later what happened to cause such an event.

:(( /b/ :((

Edited by Vulkan

I also remember getting my first nukes at 9000 NS.

Around that number I went nuclear too, mostly because of GWII. Having a 150 infra damage weapon when nations had 1.5k infra was neat. If that war went nuclear the war would have ended for my 4 opponents the very moment I was allowed to use nukes.

I've never actually fought in any CN world war, even though I've been here for a long time, i.e. *only* 683 days or a significant majority of CN's existence. I was in neutral alliances during GW2 and GW3, in NPO during the Unjust War mostly fighting FAN, and in peace mode during the Hate Polar Wave. I just realised this like a month ago. :P

I remember one of the first MADPs ever formed, The United for Orange treaty between the Orange Defense Network and the LUEnited Nations.

I finally departed from ADN/NS and joined ODN when UFO was still in force, i can remember all too well the awesome UFO posters and siggys Ithillien knocked up...great days, and i can still remember the anger many incl. myself felt when UFO was ripped up :(

unitedfororange.jpg

Great days :D

I'm up to 989 days since my first nation was created on march 12 2006. D: thanks for the reminder bros.

I fought in the Citrus War and was one of the ODN Senators during GWI who canceled UFO lol.

wow, what was your nick during your time as an ODN senator? i was a mere grunt back then (not much has changed for me then :lol: ) but i am mighty interested to see if i voted for you back then ;)

I finally departed from ADN/NS and joined ODN when UFO was still in force, i can remember all too well the awesome UFO posters and siggys Ithillien knocked up...great days, and i can still remember the anger many incl. myself felt when UFO was ripped up :(

Great days :D

wow, what was your nick during your time as an ODN senator? i was a mere grunt back then (not much has changed for me then :lol: ) but i am mighty interested to see if i voted for you back then ;)

I believe this man is my beloved Bob/Alom.

Hello, sorbetalamode

Hello Archon :P

I remember when you were a noob running for Co-Leader in LN. Still have logs of it.

I just miss when CN was less personal and more politics... Also, you know, when wars had at least a smidgen of actual reason before being declared. I also miss the forums of 2007 or so. Moderation is far better now (unless I get a warn for saying that) but the quality of posting is abysmal.

I remember when things were far simpler, wars were fun, and bros was my enemy. Heh.

edit: to match the OP more. I am on my original nation which is up to 919 days. I joined in May and was independent until, I believe June when I joined the newly formed New Polar Order. I did nothing at all until GW1, which finally made the game interesting to me. The rest is history really.

Yes. I remember when the ebil NPO was my enemy. Now everyone is allied with each other, so no clear enemy. Remember GATO not recognizing the NpO for like a year? :P Then NpO posted that GATO was LUEs brown colony

This topic makes me feel old. The only conflict I missed I think was the ole FATO one back in the day.

CATO, not FATO. It was CATO-INC. Wasn't around for it either.

Gentlemen.

(March 17th, 2006er here)

I remember being able to nuke someone as soon as you declared, and not having to wait 25 dreadful hours.

THICKY! Yes, I remember that.

I was banned the night I was exiled from the LUEnited Nations. I found it rather hilarious, i'd post some theories as to why, but I would get warned.

Am I the only one who actively tries to forget the past?

That's only because you spilled wine on the NPO flag.

I haven't been around forever, a little less than 2 years, but I remember the brilliance of having clear enemies and sides. I am not sure if that will ever come back, but I think it would be interesting to see now days. I remember good old NoR = Enemy and the NPO = Enemy's saviors from certain ZI.

I joined about a month before GW2 started. I probably would've lost interest in the game if I didn't join at that particular time, the climate back then really gave one a reason to be passionate about what they do in CN.

My favorite memory (not extremely old) is when babyjesus or someone else in GOONS declared war on someone in a GUARD alliance - ONOS I think, and only performed a dogfight with one level-1 helicopter. It created such huge drama over such a silly thing :v:

If someone could find the link to the threads, I'd wub them forever.

Edited by Morskov

Anyone who shows sign of disagreeing with the current political climate and finds support is curb stomped before anything happens. CN is going to be very one sided for a while longer. (I'd say forever but that's impossible)

Continuum vs Citadel for ultimate CN supremecy?

I joined about a month before GW2 started. I probably would've lost interest in the game if I didn't join at that particular time, the climate back then really gave one a reason to be passionate about what they do in CN.

My favorite memory (not extremely old) is when babyjesus or someone else in GOONS declared war on someone in a GUARD alliance - ONOS I think, and only performed a dogfight with one level-1 helicopter. It created such huge drama over such a silly thing :v:

If someone could find the link to the threads, I'd wub them forever.

I have it bookmarked because I love it so much. http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/...=67238&st=0

I'm 688 days old, I came into the game around when GWII was kicking off. I remember the simplicity of things back then...and I miss it. I can still remember when receiving 500k in aid was something amazing. Not to mention the good ole' commie bashes.

But I'd say I overall miss most of the "Lulz" alliances, you guys made this game interesting and it gave the more serious players an antithesis to fight against on the forums.

This thread makes me remember how long I've been gone.

I remember being in the Legion, trying to help it grow, and then watching it start to die. I'm just glad I wasn't here to see it happen.

I remember joining the STA when it was first starting out, I can't believe how much we've grown.

I remember getting ZI'd in one day as a newbie NpO member.

Yep, the times were good. Nostalgia!

i think im like...750 days old or something ridiculous like that...missed GWII by a hair but caught all of GWIII. Those were the best times. When there were figureheads making decisions, bold statements, you'd get all fired up about something. the web was tangled but there were always big question marks and dramatic entrances.

now..."oh, we're going to war? with who? ONE alliance against our entire bloc? 2 million strength, and their allies are cancelling their treaties? we're not even needed but we're still going to help out of boredom? great, i guess i can just sit this one out and watch the destruction."

...lame. i felt dirty for what i did in the last war, and that was more justified than any other DoW i saw.

Seems like most of the alliances today are just kind of bland.

the interesting ones have been blown apart.

a dozen huge alliances with many personalities devolved into many smaller alliances with only a couple personalities over the course of time. a direct result of people growing to dislike each other as the game went on. how else can you explain why there isnt just one big orange alliance? my own alliance is a direct result of that.

if there was a huge war like before now, who can honestly say what the sides would be? citadel vs continuum? is the Continuum even a unified bloc, in practice? ive heard its held together by fear and all it needs is little spark to open it up.

lets talk one vision vs the citadel. oooh yeah.

EDIT: I joined three days after Soccer? lol.

Edited by mattski133