1000+ days: An analytical analysis of Cybernations in hindsight

bros

If I'm remembering right, I got to announce ACID's addition to the League.

Anyway, if you want to blame a single alliance for the League folding as fast as it did, blame GOLD. It's the reason I always have hated, and always will hate, GOLD.

same.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

993 days as of today. I'll be 1000 in a week or so.

CN from a footsoldier's point of view:

* I remember being attacked by ODN during GWI for some odd reason. That was my first war, though it only lasted a few days.

* For a few months Sapin remained independent. It was possible to do that back then, because tech raiders actually had some standards and usually preyed on inactives. The tech raiders of today are mostly scum with no class. Some aren't though, it depends.

* In order to keep trade partners loyal (furs was a horrible resource in the old days), I promised $10,000 if I ever canceled a trade without warning. The news actually made it onto the front page of the wiki for a week. :D

* My first alliance was CIS, because their recruiting message had the least typos. Oh god, if only I had known beforehand what the CIS was like.

* GWII and GWIII were both fun to fight in. I remember one guy from MCB who was totally cool to talk to. I don't think he's around anymore though. ;_;

* Sometime in between the great wars I was accidentally attacked by IAA for some inane reason. lol

* Finally fed up with all the incompetence and BS, I left the CIS shortly after GWIII.

* I migrated to TOP, where I remain to this day. I truly couldn't ask for a better home in CN.

* The GPA and NpO wars were a breeze. I kind of wish they had put up a bit more resistance. It would have been more fun.

* For now, I light a cigarette and lean against the wall of my trench. Another war will come, it will be fun and I will continue to be useful. That's about it.

Edited by Keresztes

I don't know exactly How long I've been playing, Hell, I don't even remember how many Nations I've had up to date.

*I remember that stupid Oath we (we being the ODN) had to take at the end of Citrus

*I remember UFO

*I remember Anthrax and the Naked Fiestas

*I remember getting #lue closed on esper and getting kicked out of LUE because of it

*I rember being a co-founder of DSMR'

*I remember going rogue on my own alliance when i was in the OSF

*I remember joining Soviet Sindorin's alliance PIG and getting elected as Sec-Gen and then disbanding the alliance less than a week later

*I remember Skater Boi

*Ah remember rtbh99

*I remember the story that started GW1.

*I remember the Coven of the Lost

Damn, if I still had my old nations they would be 1096 days old today. But I left and now they are gone. :(

I don't know exactly How long I've been playing, Hell, I don't even remember how many Nations I've had up to date.

*I remember that stupid Oath we (we being the ODN) had to take at the end of Citrus

*I remember Anthrax and the Naked Fiestas

I hated that oath with a passion. I think I left the ODN shortly after simply so I wouldn't have to be under it anymore.

And I miss Anthrax. Those were good times...

GW3 right at the beginning was probably the most exciting experience in my CN career. I remember the optimism with which we went into that war, with all the weight that the Legion, the former League and ally's that counter-attacked the intiative. I remember quadding a GGA nation, putting him in anarchy, and finding that he folded way too easily, almost did the same to another GGA right away.

But then it was obvious after a few days that we did not have a hope of winning. Also, if I had kept my old nation, I would be almost 1000 days old.

Edited by Mamaev II

Wow, this thread certainly brings back a lot of feelings of nostalgia. Names I haven't seen in ages.

I remember when the first charter of the NPO was posted on the original (very original) CN forums for signing by members and new applicants. I remember the first Polar War...something about some polar bears taking all of Pacifica's oxygen... Ah, good times, good times.