1000+ days: An analytical analysis of Cybernations in hindsight

bros

I remember the end of the citrus war.

I remember getting pissed at the NPO for attacking the ICSN for only a few members spying;)

I remember PWII and LUE Punking everybody by their Declaration of War against... The lack of Fiestas.

I remember GWII and GWIII and how much fun it was to orchestrate war with more than 2 thousand people. And how nobody believed us when we said we really were attacking GOONS because we wanted FARK to be free.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lawlz. so who was his right hand man?

Nobody. Seriously.

I remember the end of the citrus war.

I remember getting pissed at the NPO for attacking the ICSN for only a few members spying;)

I remember PWII and LUE Punking everybody by their Declaration of War against... The lack of Fiestas.

I remember GWII and GWIII and how much fun it was to orchestrate war with more than 2 thousand people. And how nobody believed us when we said we really were attacking GOONS because we wanted FARK to be free.

I remember these.

GKC caused the first commie stomp.

Hmm Bros, your nation is a day older than mine. So pretty much I have the same memories... different perspective though.

Yessss. That is what makes this topic so awesome. Share YOUR perspective.

I think we are forgetting a lot of the daily give and take as time has passed. Now that mudslinging did produce a few fun in game battles, unlike today where there much sling mud from peace mode.

Yes, trolling nowadays is like "your mom"

Trolling back then was... classy.

Compare Andaras to a troll now. Andaras at least had class and limits. He knew where the line stopped.

So I'm guessing the mods are pretty forgiving, going past 3 strikes!

I don't really care about CN history. It's all irrelevent because not once has "history" on CN repeated itself. Yet.

But I do like to reminisce events in CN history, where wars were once fair, and fought over differing ideologies and politics, and not for sheer profit or superiority. Those remaining in CN who hold a respectable amount of power are those who take pleasure in massacres, but not challenges.

Edited by Republic of Roma

Remember back when you could be an unaligned and not worry about being tech raided, or extorted, or told to join an alliance or be crushed?

Remember when you could be in an alliance that held no binding military treaties but still give your honest opinions of others' actions and character without being threatened with attack, and instead being judged based on the merits of what you said?

Remember the gigantic kitty-macro thread, and how it had to be archived because someone hotlinked the **** out of someone's website who then turned all the kitty macros into shock images which transferred into the thread?

Remember when I got enough out of this game that I didn't even think to change my avatar every week?

Remember this?:

Alliancestats.png

edit: also if you're a day older than Shan you're a day older than myself as well. Good lord...

Edited by Doitzel

I don't know exactly how old I am. My first nation was created around June 2006. I did it with such little thought and minimal interest that I don't even remember its name. I do, however, remember that the first alliance I joined was the Cross-X Alliance, before it merged to form the MCXA. Back then all that was required to become a member was to set my AA, so I had little reason to visit the forums. I don't remember exactly what happened after that, but I know I returned about September under a different name: Emperor Nicholas. These are when my real memories begin.

I was still a massive n00b then. I wandered from alliance to alliance for a few weeks, before creating my own one: the Grand Global Order (a rip-off of GGA, I admit :P). We were about to become a protectorate of the NAAC before GWII began. Then, being the n00b that I was, I gave, like 50k (lol) to the LUE Ambassador - who was at war - and subsequently got rolled by two GOONS and a Nordreich. I also remember - wait for it - demanding reparations from the Nordreich guy after the war ended. Lol!

Anyway, the war ended and my alliance just kind of died. I don't really remember what happened, but we all lost interest and it just kind of faded away. I then decided to join the NADC, on account of their Ambassador's awesome sig graphics, and called that place home for the best part of a year. I left for a few weeks, then re-rolled as President Kent of Rodenia. I think I owe a lot to the NADC. That great alliance not only helped me build by nation to about 30k, but it turned me from the most clueless player into someone who occasionally knows what's going on.

After the BLEU-NADC war, I got fed up with things, spat the dummy, and quit CN entirely. About 8 months passed until I returned, re-joined the Coalition, stayed a few weeks, then left to join Vox. And here I am.

Edited by President Kent

I just miss when CN was less personal and more politics... Also, you know, when wars had at least a smidgen of actual reason before being declared. I also miss the forums of 2007 or so. Moderation is far better now (unless I get a warn for saying that) but the quality of posting is abysmal.

I remember when things were far simpler, wars were fun, and bros was my enemy. Heh.

edit: to match the OP more. I am on my original nation which is up to 919 days. I joined in May and was independent until, I believe June when I joined the newly formed New Polar Order. I did nothing at all until GW1, which finally made the game interesting to me. The rest is history really.

Edited by RandomInterrupt

This makes me kind of sad that I didn't start playing earlier. I started in late July 07, For me the "old times" were the old forums and GOONS, FAN, and \m/ were still around on the forums, making them a bit more diverse than they are now. Seems like most of the alliances today are just kind of bland.

you know, being in this game for 2+ years makes me feel old.

threads like these make me feel young again.

then I realize that I still remember some events listed, and a couple of your bannings. :P

during GW2, I would have agreed with you about the NAAC going nuclear. I also agree with you about Kaos. I knew I didn't like that guy.

ah well, such is life on Bob I guess.

I joined the game in the same month as you did though played from an entirely differently perspective, an perspective that has changed over time as CN changed.

I was a green nation, a team I have much history with and I chose my alliance based on the "alliance guide for newbies"

The alliance I eventually chose was the GPA and in those days I spent a lot of time helping the GPA in what is knows as the green cold war, a period where the GPA and GGA were at odds with eachother.

At that time I didn't think too highly of the NPO, the creation of the New Polar Order was an example of one of such outrages in that time and in that mindset.

However my opinion of them changed since what bros and I agree to call a "dark age" with the unjust highway, something about the playing style of several alliances irritated me and the creation of tech raiding and a do-what-you-want attitude with little regards for other alliances were not what I consider proper conduct.

I remember the Independence Council very well, I considered it revolutionary and to this day I still have difficulties believing that the NPO was eventually able to join this pact which in my eyes was made as an counter to the NPO.

I do miss those old days, I miss the NAAC, the good parts of LUE, Ivan Moldavi (sorry moo, nostalgic mood), regular CNQ updates, The LUEspaper.

Hell, I miss Prodigal_Chieftain whilst we often disagreed and bashed heads he did spice up the game.

I do realise however that alliances in CN have been cemented too much for a style of play that was common during those days, whilst a quick change is still possible it is a slow change that is far more plausible and CN is still changing.

One more thing I really miss are the coloured team forums, I do not know much about other colours but in the green team it intensified politics, without coloured team forums there would have been no green cold war, VE might not have been created, OG might not have been created, Ivan Moldavi would never had to post his thread were he warned the GGA that every action taken against the GPA would result in a response from them, the list goes on and on.

Oh, and I miss Mary. ;)

I'm at 857 days now. I joined in the middle of GWI. I miss back when disagreeing with a major alliance in public didn't mean getting attacked or being threatened and when treaties were signed based on friendship, not used for political gain.

I also remember getting my first nukes at 9000 NS.