How did you come up with your Nation Name?

King C

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea what to name my nation, so I decided to read the ingredients on the back of something in the kitchen. The first ingredient was Maltodexteros (or something like that) so I shortened it to just Malto. :)

That's a very creative idea. I gotta try that sometime.

Mine is based on a movie set in the post world war II timeframe of the growing cold war between the USA and USSR. It was a comedy starring Peter Sellers who played three different roles in the movie. The name of the fictional country was the Duchy of Grand Fenwick. I had to eliminate the spaces between the words to get it to fit in the space limitation for names in the game. The movie is called, The Mouse that Roared, which is based on a book of the same name by an Irish writer. Sadly I haven't read the book. Guess I should try to correct that oversight one of these days.

• 1 month later...

Well, considering I probably have one of the strangest names on CyberNations, I might as well explain :D

I came from a forum called Exit Mundi, agafaba belongs there too, and it's a site where we discuss possibly scientific scenarios. And my major idea (more of a joke) was that genetically engineered gelatin products would take over the world. So I made my username Magical Gelatin. Then around a year after that, we discovered !@#$%*. My username was Gelatinous Beings, and then we discovered CN around four or five months after NS, and I wanted to use my username from Exit Mundi. And my nation name is simply a combination of "Gelatin" with "ania".