How did you come up with your Nation Name?

King C

big fan of the phospholipids,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxSLw1LMvgk, a truly inspiring video

That is some really cool crap.

I actually came up with my name from the William Gibson book Neuromancer (one of my favorites), Boss Case is my ruler name (Case is the main character) and Straylight is from the last part of the book called The Straylight Run, Straylight being a villa/fortress of a rich family corporation on an orbital colony resort thing.

EDIT: and yes, I did realize afterwards that it's the name of some crappy emo band too <_<.

Edited by Straylight

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alabama is the best football team in the world. My nation is a nation. Therefore, my nation is called Alabama Nation. Any questions?

And if I ever get ZIed or something and make a new nation, it will be called Sabanation. Why? Nick Saban is the best coach since Bear Bryant. My new nation will be a nation. Saban + Nation = Sabanation. Any questions? :P

-Bama

I actually thought of the name when I was playing a board game about 9 months before I stared playing. I was hoping that I could bag communism like I could in Nation States but I soon found out that there is a lot more competition in Cybernations and that having a really bad nation isn't fun.

nation: Communistia

NB: I'm not communist and never have been.

I'm a Calvinist living in a region where that particular religious philosophy is greeted with, shall we say, a touch of hostility by the majority of my fellow spiritually-minded neighbors. Feel a bit displaced at times....

....I patterned my nation after a group of Calvinists who were driven out of France IRL in the 1600's (the Huguenots).... some of whom settled in little colonies across the world... Named it after my old &#33;@#&#036;%* nation....

Edited by Sheldomar

Maybe I'm a little () too politically oriented, but I was listening to the radio while playing AoE original, as the Chosons.

Some guy was blathering on about how North Korea's nuclear capability meant that we'd all die. Then I had a mental burst, realized that Choson was the Ancient Chinese name for Korean, and a nation name was born.

(/Ramble)