Marscurian News

KaiserMelech Mikhail

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in from Marscurian Military Works:

We report that the initial design phase is over for the Endgame Tank! Production details have been worked out and production will begin in a few months. The new tanks will be ready to be deployed late next year.

The old Bull Moose Tank

5123-717343.jpg

The new Endgame Tank

post-1484-1195081972.png

Designs of the Endgame

emg_work4.jpg

A rendition of what the Endgame will look like.

This tank represents the pinacle of Marscurian engineering! It is armed with 2x130mm cannons, 2x7 ports that can function as either a mortar or carry SAM's. The tank is also equipped with 2 diesel engines, attached to two separate sets of treads, to give it enough power to propel the tank to 30 mph. Each engine also has enough power to move the tank all by itself should the other engine become incapacitated. The tank does, however, lack an external machine gun, but will always be travelling with infantry or other vehicles to take care of pesky infantry. Unfortunately, unlike other Marscurian technology, this tank is not for sale and will only be used by the Marscurian Empire.

OOC: Also, I don't want to hear any, "This is out of your tech range," or "You can't do that yet," because this tank is from Red Alert 2, and in the game, you see that the war happens in 1972, and my tech year is 1971.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it has come to our attention that our MFJ-25's are quickly becoming inadiquate in our Air Force. Due to this fact, several months ago, MAMW began designing an upgrade to the MFJ-25. Originally built to be a slight upgrade, the jet quickly turned into a whole new aircraft, and now MAMW is proud to introduce the MFJ-5!

mirage2000h.jpg

kfir_01_41828_435.jpg

Mirage2000_5_.jpg

General Stats of the MFJ-5

Crew: 1

Length: 49 Ft, 6 in

Wing Span: 30 ft, 4 in

Top Speed: Mach 1.7

Ceiling: 60,000 ft

Maximum Range: 750nm, with external fuel tanks: 1,200 nm

Weaponry: 6 docking sites for missles or 4000lb of external bombs, 2x30mm wing mounted cannons with 1000 rounds of ammo each

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail I

This just in from Marscurian Naval HQ:

The Marscurian Coast Guard has purchased its first armed ships. The 4 new Steinus Class Coast Guard Cutters are one of the few weapons that have been produced outside of the empire, seeing as we lack the proper technology to develop our own ships. Seeing as these are armed craft, the shall take on the heading MNS (Marscurian Naval Ship) to distinguish them from the unarmed heading of MES (Marscurian Empire Ship). The sole purpose of these ships is to patrol the coasts, rescue distressed mariners, and if necissary, sink renegade civilian vessels. The ships are not fitted to go to war.

OOC: Please note that these 4 ships do not constitute a navy. The ships lack sufficient range to be effective in a true naval battle, and their weaponry would be pathetic at best against a true advisary. They don't even fit in any class of the IG ships.

OOC: BTW, it's Caliber for you...and calibre for me. *mumbles indistinct ramblings about americans destroying the english language*

OOC: You have a problem with that we have a slightly different English that you? Fine, I suppose I should start throwing in slang words, or better yet, internet speak in my posting. :awesome:

This just in:

Yiddish, a minority language in the empire since its founding, but a recent census taken of the population shows that citizens who use Yiddish as a primary language has jumped to 20%, up from 17% last year. This recent news has led Kaisermelech Mikhail to decree that Yiddish is the official 4th national language of the Marscurian Empire. The introduction of this Germanic language is sure to closen ties between the Marscurian Empire and German speaking nations. While the addition of Yiddish to Marscurian life will be slow, Mikhail expects Yiddish to be on all roadsigns, bank notes, and be a necessary language to know for anyone applying for government office withing the next 4 years. This is Marscurian News signing off for the first time in Yiddish. Gute Nakht

Joyous news from the Marscurian Empire. Today, after months of construction, the national bank/ federal reserve system has officially opened in the Marscurian Empire. Although there are only two branches so far, ATM's and smaller divisions have managed to supply the empire's monetary needs. This comes just in time, as the new mints in these facilities will be hard at work printing the empire's new bank notes. The new notes were designed to incorporate Yiddish, the empire's fourth official language. The old notes will still be valid for the next 5 years, but all citizens wishing to trade in their old notes for new notes may do so any time they please. All the banks will be stocked with large amounts of the new money for several months to anticipate the oncoming rush of swapping.

the-federal-reserve.JPG

The main mint and national offices of the reserve, located in Marscury

world-bank.jpg

The second branch and mint, located in Mietonka

The Cainian Empire congratulates Mascuria on this, and wishes to know where we can purchase some of the corvettes.

OOC: Yeah improved <_<

We actually don't make them, our country lacks sufficient drydock and shipyard facilities. If you simple offer specifications, blueprints and a lot of money, I'm sure that you will find a larger country to make your ships for you. Thank you for your complement on our banking system.

People in Marscury were thrilled to learn that their city will be getting the first Volvo dealership in the Empire. While many economists worry about how this will affect Marscurian Motor Works, a MMW spokesperson assured reporters that the company was diversified enough that the loss of the automobile division would not bankrupt the company. While there have been some protests by autoworkers and staunch nationalists (easily dispersed), public opinion is overwhelmingly positive about the new car's arrival. The Kaisermelech himself is considering purchasing a Volvo, but assured his people that he would continue to ride in his MMW limosine. While there is no official news at this time, some Volvo people have hinted at a second dealership to be located in Mietonka.

volvo_dealer.jpg

The first Volvo offices and dealership. Located in Marscury

This just in from Utica:

As the Marscurian Empire integrates itself more and more with the international community, the Port of Mietonka is quickly being used to capacity, and with the introduction of the new coast guard, the number of ships using the harbor will soon become hazardous. With this knowledge, Kaisermelech Mikhail and Mayor Yoni Rubenstein have decided to expand Utica's small coastal marina into a fully functioning international port. As to not steal business from the Port of Mietonka, the same tolls and rules will be enforced at both ports. Work has started and is progressing quickly. When the new port is completed, it will feature a new port authority building and quays for containers, bulk cargo, vehicles and specialty cargo. While the port of Mietonka has docking space for 20 ships, the port of Utica will only have room for 12, but Utica will have the honor of being the only port for the military ships of the signatories of the Indo-Austrailian Treaty to dock. Of the 4 Coast Guard Cutters, Utica will recieve 1, the Seach and Rescue cutter MNS Apollo.

152.jpg

While Large Cranes were brought in to lay the foundation stones for the new port's breakwater, barges and smaller cranes were utilized to lay smaller stones with more precision

SLB-%20Pouring%20Concrete%20Span%2036.jpg

Concrete is poured for one of the new container quays.

2111744094_15725e6b3b.jpg

The new Utica Port Authority Building, note the distinctive sail shape.

This just in from Marscurian Military Works:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the world is becoming an increasingly dangerous place. As the world seems to be on the brink of conflict, the empire realizes that it lacks ground-based anti-aircraft artillery. This is why MMW developed the 40mm dual-purpose gun, Mk. 1. The dual barrels of this gun are capable of firing at 120 rpm each. Two different types of rounds have been developed for this gun to use. A flak round has been developed for anti-aircraft operations, and a grape-shot round is utilized against ground infantry and clearing troops for the decks of enemy warships. Dozens of the new guns are being installed on the breakwaters and harbor entrances of the ports of Mietonka and Utica. These guns will be manned by troops of the newly established Marscurian Coast Guard. MMW is also in talks with the Marscurian army for two of these guns to be installed on a tank chasis to serve as the army's first self-propelled anti-aircraft machinery. It is our hope that these guns will defend the homeland well.

Bofors_40_mm_anti_aircraft_gun_larry_sea_cadets_cleanup_photo.jpg

New cadets in the coast guard learn how to use and maintain one of the new guns, nicknamed the "Pop-pop," installed at the port of Mietonka

OOC: BTW, it's Caliber for you...and calibre for me. *mumbles indistinct ramblings about americans destroying the english language*

OOC: Yah, we have... on that note I've been feeling very uncomfortable since I began to notice the American accent I have picked up in the unending period of time I've spent here, more commonly know as my life. :awesome:

This just in from Marscury

With her husband quickly recovering from the bullet wound he aquired protecting her, Rania turned her attention to matters of state. She would lead the country for the next couple of weeks while Mikhail was recovering.

In good spirits, she made an announcement. "My fellow Marscurians, I have made a proclaimation. From now on, the title of the queen of the Marscurian Empire will no longer be Kaisermelcha, but Kaiserinmelcha, which is more correct. I really don't know how this has gone on for this long. Granted the first title was made by my predicessor, Esther, who lacked a basic understanding of Germanic Languages. I feel like this will be a change that will not cause too much trouble. Also, in case you are wondering, my husband is doing just fine, his vitals are normal and the wound seems to be stitched up well. Just repeating, it's now Kaiserinmelcha."

The news was met with little reaction across the empire. People simply noted the change and moved on with their lives.

• 2 weeks later...

From Marscury:

Tonight, people in the capital and cities all over the empire are celebrating, as the Jewish festival of Hanukkah started tonight. The celebration, which celebrates the victory of the Maccabees over the Seluicid Empire over 2000 years ago, will last for the next 8 days to commemorate how 1 vial of sacred oil lasted for 8 days. There were celebrations in the streets, as people came out to see Chanukiahs, special candlabrums used on Hanukkah, being lit in town squares.

2024439_8510b1a8fa.jpg

A Chanukiah used on Hanukkah. One candle is used on the first night, while one candle is added each night after until there are all 8.

20071205radl_menorah_lighti_500.jpg

Here, and Orthodox man is seen lighting the Chanukiah outside of the government offices in Mietonka

In their houses, citizens ate dishes made during the holiday. Ashkenazi Jews, who make up 60% of the Jewish population, ate Latkes, or potato pancakes cooked in oil. Sephardic Jews, who make up the other 40% of the Jewish population, dined on Sufganiyot, or jelly donuts fried in oil. Gelt, or chocolate coins, were given out as a treat while games of dreidle were played.

latkes.jpg

Latkes are a dish eaten by the Ashkenazi citizens of Marscury. The potato pancakes fried in oil are usually served with sour cream or apple sauce.

sufganiyot.jpg

Sufganiyot are eaten by the Sephardic citizens of Marscury. These jelly donuts are a tasty treat that can be sprinkled with powdered sugar.

hanukkah-gelt-msn-divine-chocolate.jpg

Gelt, yiddish for "money," are chocolate coins given out while playing dreidle.

dreidel.jpg

Dreidel is a game played with a dreidel, or a four sided top. Each side has a different letter: Nun, Gimel, Hey, and Shin. In Hebrew, the letters are supposed to stand for Nes Gadol Hayah Sham, or "A great miracle happened there." In Yiddish, the letters stand for Nischt (None), Gantz (All or More), Halb (half) and Schtel (Put).

• 2 weeks later...

From Marscury:

Today, we have had a massive influx of knowledge. Our treaty with The Dragon Empire has given Marscurian scientists and inventors a wealth knowledge. Marscurian Military Works has begun to develop new weapons with higher technologies, and the life expectancy of the average Marscurian citizen is expected to skyrocket with the new medical advances. The Marscurian technology year had progressed from 1971 to 1987 overnight. It is astounding!

From Mietonka:

Today, the nation began work on the national railway. Named Martrack, the railroad began it's first stretch of rail, connecting the port cities of Mietonka and Utica. This stretch will be added to as cities such as the MLC Quad cities and the capital of Marscury are connected. Eventually, the railway will stretch into the countryside, and serve to connect the rural eastern half of the empire with the urban coast. The railway will be totally electric, and will serve both passangers and freight. The passenger trains are high-speed and are expected to travel between 100 and 150 miles per hour.

trackmachine2.jpg

Large track-laying machines have been imported to help lay the railroad. Here, a section of railroad is being constructed outside of Utica

China-Mainline-Locomotive-GE-clean-diesel-train.jpg

New types of locamotives are being built to travel on the electric tracks of the new railroad. Here, a locamotive for a cargo train is being built in a factory in Utica

windfarm.jpg

New wind turbines are being constructed around the empire to supply the railroad with the electricity it needs to power the trains

This railroad is being construction on funds designated in the Infrastructure Improvement Act. In time, the railroad, along with highways and other transport methods, will serve to aid in development and modernization of the eastern half of the empire.

Jake, the son of the former Heskan president reads the news paper and mumbles:

"Wow, our ally nation is developing really fast. But then again, they had a treaty with The Dragon Empire. I guess I should sign a treaty or two when I start my new nation. Anyways, time to check my land claim..."

• 2 weeks later...

From Marscury:

After a quick bout with bacterial pneumonia, Mikhail is out of the hospital and back on the throne. One of his first acts was to name his younger brother, Prince Dawud, Prince of the East. While this seems monumental, the position is fairly small. The prince has no true power, and his only duties are to relay the Kaisermelech's orders to the population and to report grievences back to the capital. This is only a temporary position, as when Mikhail's infrastructure projects are finished, the eastern and western halfs of the empire will be integrated, allowing for more efficient communication. Many people have criticized this appointment, as Dawud is generally disliked by many of the citizens. Unlike his brother, Dawud is often seen as spoiled and out of touch with the populace.

1_crownprince.jpg

The 20 year old prince Dawud is seen in the Imperial palace

palace001.jpg

The Eastern Palace will be Dawud's residence during his time in the eastern regions

From Border City Military Base:

Today, a new batch of recruits have passed basic training and are ready to serve our great empire. 2,000 new troops have entered the army, bringing our troop level to 20,000. Marscurian News has been assured that this is merely an expansion due to increased population, and the empire is not preparing to go to war.

ai052404a1.jpg

A unit of new troops undergoing training

From MMW factory #1, Mietonka:

Today, several dozen new "Endgame" tanks have rolled off the line. Some of these are destined for the zombie wars in Diberia, replacing the old Bull Moose tanks. Others will remain in bases throughout the empire, bolstering the newly expanded armed forces.

From the Bureau of Language Studies at the Univerisity of Marscury:

Russian is on the Rise

The Bureau of Language Studies has found that Russian is becoming a more common primary language among Marscurian households. This rise in Russian is being accompainied by a minor fall in Hebrew and Arabic. Emigration thought to be a leading cause of the language shift. Hebrew speaking Orthadox Jews are leaving for more conservative countries such as Rebel Army, while Ashkenazis fleeing from the troubles in Eastern Europe have bolstered our speakers of Yiddish, German, and Russian.

The primary language makeup of the Marscurian Empire is as follows:

Hebrew: 18%

Arabic: 17%

Yiddish: 22%

English: 21%

Russian: 12%

Farsi: 4%

German: 3%

Various Indian Languages: 1%

Other: 2%

From Marscury:

Financial Crisis!

Today, the national treasury notified the nation that it was losing money. In the wake of this news, many people rushed to their local banks to withdraw as much money as they could, promting many banks to close their doors to stop the loss of money.

closed.bank.jpg

Moments after the news came, the Kaisermelech gave a speech in an attempt to calm the people. He assured the nation that the empire still had plenty of money to operate and that the crisis was only temporary. He gave assurances that taxes would not be raised, but also said that they would not be lowered. Efforts to increase spending and lower unemployment are the tools that will fix the crisis, stated Mikhail, as he left the stage.

OOC: yeah, IG an event ended and someone canceled a trade, so I'm in a little money trouble.