Noob Mistakes

baseballer790

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Selling tech 150 tech for three million and paying three middle men to deliver the tech on the same day when the market rate was 3m/100t over a thirty day period.

2) Selling 1000 miles of land thinking it was useless. About three or four months later they beefed up the land bonus and then they introduced the ADC.

Well this topic sure is a good one for me. I made alot right off the bat so kinda deal with me here for a second.

1. Getting small amounts of aid from other small nations.

2. Not doing tech deals or anything.

3. Getting deleted for multiple nations. (I didnt care with my first 3)

4. Quitting my like 8k nation i had back about 2 years ago.

5. Taking alliances as a joke and bouncing from one to another. (Didnt follow the charter)

6. Not getting good trades or even doing my gov positions or changing religion or goverment stances.

7. Attacking red.

8. Trying to start my own alliance with a friend when we were both about 4k.

9. Being a complete $@! to alliances i joined.

10. Jumping from alliances to alliance. (NFL, NFL2, ADD, MXCA, GOONS, AA, and mostly DefCon

11. Went to the aid screen and asked random nations for aid. Thought them sending$100k was alot.

12. Having my current nation ZI'd by ROK for reasons that still seem ridiculous.

13. Trusting tech sellers to actually give me the tech i payed for. (But hey there noobs to so thats there mistake).

14. Fighting with the CN admins about things.

15. Not using IRC or forums for important topics or other misc things.

15. When i first started i spent all my money on land thinking it was the best, (Keep in mind i first started CN close to the begining or CN history.

16. Not recruiting properlly.

17. Always getting kicked out of alliances for raiding other nations because all i liked about CN was war.

18. Bought a donation before i really needed it just because others were. (I was like 10k)

19. Made some enemys with my bad attitude.

20. Would make my own people unhappy by purchasing to much military and deploying more then 20% of them to have the advantage on attacks.

21. Never changed my defcon from 1.

22. Raided nations stronger then me for money and tech. ( Never turned out poorly for me, but it could have and been a terrible mistake).

- Im sure there is more but all i can think of right now

However, there are alot of things i did do right with this current nation.

1. History repeated itself and im currently in an alliance with the first guys a ever met in CN from the NFL.

2. Did lots of tech deals and quickly rose to 20k NS with about 215 growth efficency. (Before i was ZI'd by ROK and then coming back to higher strength and being attacked by a alliance nuke rouge.)

3. Grew up and deciced to learn from people who do know what they are doing.

4. Rejoining and staying around.

5. Learning alot about the game and knowing all of it.

6. Actually working for what i want and obtaining it in the process.

7. Helping anf mentoring others so they dont make some mistakes as me.

8. Learning small but big things that help my nation such as, gov position, trades, aid, military purchases, improvments and wonders most needed, minamize bill payments and more.

9. Keeping my word and doing things legit.

10. Making amends with those i showed no respect to and gaing back there trust and support slowly.

11. Helping run a stable alliance and make good decision.

12. Being more understanding and getting involved here on the forum.

13. Knowing when yo purchase donations and tech.

14. Staying out of wars for the most part. (When i started this nation i was a war hawk, thats why im in the top 7% of causualtys).

15. Attacking and destroying a guy who had lots of money (Multi millions) when i was only a few weeks old. This guy had a stock pile because he said he would sell bigger nations donation if they sent money first but he never did. He was later deleted for it but i gained about 6-7 mill from him for it and it helped me build up. (6-7 mill was alot when i was a new young weak nation who knew nothing).

16. Kinda got my name out there and people actually know me or of me at least. (Im not even close to the most popular or favorite person on CN but i have improved alot)

17. Planning to stay on CN as long as possilble and obtainign a nuke one day.

18. Leave peacfuly without any problems and possibly just give my !@#$ away to my alliance.

19. Helping an alliance grow and make it so i can call it my own

Just like i said about the mistakes i made while being a noob, im sure i will have many more numbers i can put up here for things i did right. Hope to see all of you around in the future to :)

And one more thing,

Buying the 30% tax wonder and not raising my taxes until 6 months later.......

That actually is really funny. How did that one happen actually? lol. Made my day.

Edited by NEWiley

Well this topic sure is a good one for me. I made alot right off the bat so kinda deal with me here for a second.

1. Getting small amounts of aid from other small nations.

2. Not doing tech deals or anything.

3. Getting deleted for multiple nations. (I didnt care with my first 3)

4. Quitting my like 8k nation i had back about 2 years ago.

5. Taking alliances as a joke and bouncing from one to another. (Didnt follow the charter)

6. Not getting good trades or even doing my gov positions or changing religion or goverment stances.

7. Attacking red.

8. Trying to start my own alliance with a friend when we were both about 4k.

9. Being a complete $@! to alliances i joined.

10. Jumping from alliances to alliance. (NFL, NFL2, ADD, MXCA, GOONS, AA, and mostly DefCon

11. Went to the aid screen and asked random nations for aid. Thought them sending$100k was alot.

12. Having my current nation ZI'd by ROK for reasons that still seem ridiculous.

13. Trusting tech sellers to actually give me the tech i payed for. (But hey there noobs to so thats there mistake).

14. Fighting with the CN admins about things.

15. Not using IRC or forums for important topics or other misc things.

15. When i first started i spent all my money on land thinking it was the best, (Keep in mind i first started CN close to the begining or CN history.

16. Not recruiting properlly.

17. Always getting kicked out of alliances for raiding other nations because all i liked about CN was war.

18. Bought a donation before i really needed it just because others were. (I was like 10k)

19. Made some enemys with my bad attitude.

20. Would make my own people unhappy by purchasing to much military and deploying more then 20% of them to have the advantage on attacks.

21. Never changed my defcon from 1.

22. Raided nations stronger then me for money and tech. ( Never turned out poorly for me, but it could have and been a terrible mistake).

- Im sure there is more but all i can think of right now

However, there are alot of things i did do right with this current nation.

1. History repeated itself and im currently in an alliance with the first guys a ever met in CN from the NFL.

2. Did lots of tech deals and quickly rose to 20k NS with about 215 growth efficency. (Before i was ZI'd by ROK and then coming back to higher strength and being attacked by a alliance nuke rouge.)

3. Grew up and deciced to learn from people who do know what they are doing.

4. Rejoining and staying around.

5. Learning alot about the game and knowing all of it.

6. Actually working for what i want and obtaining it in the process.

7. Helping anf mentoring others so they dont make some mistakes as me.

8. Learning small but big things that help my nation such as, gov position, trades, aid, military purchases, improvments and wonders most needed, minamize bill payments and more.

9. Keeping my word and doing things legit.

10. Making amends with those i showed no respect to and gaing back there trust and support slowly.

11. Helping run a stable alliance and make good decision.

12. Being more understanding and getting involved here on the forum.

13. Knowing when yo purchase donations and tech.

14. Staying out of wars for the most part. (When i started this nation i was a war hawk, thats why im in the top 7% of causualtys).

15. Attacking and destroying a guy who had lots of money (Multi millions) when i was only a few weeks old. This guy had a stock pile because he said he would sell bigger nations donation if they sent money first but he never did. He was later deleted for it but i gained about 6-7 mill from him for it and it helped me build up. (6-7 mill was alot when i was a new young weak nation who knew nothing).

16. Kinda got my name out there and people actually know me or of me at least. (Im not even close to the most popular or favorite person on CN but i have improved alot)

17. Planning to stay on CN as long as possilble and obtainign a nuke one day.

18. Leave peacfuly without any problems and possibly just give my !@#$ away to my alliance.

19. Helping an alliance grow and make it so i can call it my own

Just like i said about the mistakes i made while being a noob, im sure i will have many more numbers i can put up here for things i did right. Hope to see all of you around in the future to :)

And one more thing,

That actually is really funny. How did that one happen actually? lol. Made my day.

I think you win. :P

In my first war (against some rogue attacking FEAR) I deployed too many troops Anarchying myself.

And then I had to get totally pwned even though it was 3 on 1.

And thinking this game is like real life (low taxes = good :P)

And a couple of months ago I raided some protected guy cause Ston... actually I don't wanna talk about it.

Here is my new, edited list (keep in mind I have added some more n00b mistakes):

1. I bought infra in random blocks, such as 1, 3.9, .01, and etc when I first started the game.

2. I bought lots of tech, up to 140 tech when my infra was 420, because I thought the more tech, the better.

3. I wanted to get the Luxury trade set when both of my native resources are parts of the Industrial trade set.

4. Tech raiding and nearly getting beaten up by my old alliance because they wanted to punish me.

5. Accidentally threw myself into Anarchy while tech raiding when I deployed too much soldiers.

6. Left my old alliance and then got pounded hard by a 4.3k NS rouge when my CN nation was 1.7k NS.

7. Screwed up the tech deals schedule in my current alliance from sending aid to random nations.

8. Got yelled at by my alliance after they found some of my old, CN Forums posts that was stupid and funny.

9. Got yelled at by my alliance after I posted a message in my alliance forums that looked like I was going to help the FAN alliance.

10. Pissed off people in the CN RP Forums because I kept on accidentally god modding.

11. I have gotten a CNRP topic in the forums locked by accident due to god modding too much.

12: Pissed off a 61k NS player when I was at .4k NS by trying to get the player to trade with me, and nearly got put on the 61k player's personal ZI list (by bribing other players to do the ZI list).

13. Not saving up tax collection days on my CN nation's anniversary.

14. Spending all of my tech trade payment money, causing me to be behind tech deliveries and pissed off my customer.

15. Accident sent $3 million to a 41k NS nation when I was close to the 2k infra jump when the other player offered to trade with me.

16. Accidentally switched to Anarchy when I was going to switch to Democratic government.

17. I wanted to get a spy when I was at 1.7k NS, but some spy rouge punk spied it away undetected.

18. Nearly got into a war against a nearly ZIed nuke rouge who was at 1.8k NS (the rouge had 6 nukes) when I was at 1.5k NS.

Someone should post a topic warning new CN players to avoid our n00b mistakes by showing the list of our n00b mistakes. :awesome:

Here are some mistakes that I remembered...

19. Buying too much land just to reduce my nation's environment damage by one.

20. Holding max military and nearly gotten myself into bill lock before (max CMs, max soldiers, max tanks, max air crafts, etc).

Edited by HHAYD

Reading the GOONS forums.

The horror! The horror!

Ain't that the truth.

Buying the 30% tax wonder and not raising my taxes until 6 months later.......

Ah, best one yet! I was giddy with excitement when I bought mine (my first wonder), and I immediately changed tax rate and counted my extra cash.

17. I wanted to get a spy when I was at 1.7k NS, but some spy rouge punk spied it away undetected.

18. Nearly got into a war against a nearly ZIed nuke rouge who was at 1.8k NS (the rouge had 6 nukes) when I was at 1.5k NS.

Not being able to spell rogue - perhaps not a noob mistake ;)