General Canadian actions

Lynneth

OOC: Hooray. Making not only hearts, but also eyes. =D

IC: "The stuff with the secondary base sounds very good. Perhaps a hint or two, only small, that it's there earlier in the movie, but the big reveal only at the end of the movie.

As for the Railguns, we're using them on battleships and some tanks. Ah, and as part of our highly advanced SDI-system, which also includes modern missles and lasers, both on the ground and in orbit."

"Of course. All a must in a futuristic movie of this caliber...should our enemies have some weaopns like this, too?"

"Now, in the final fight with the hero, I will be the one trying to physically stop him. I could pretend to be showing small signs of brainwashing, to keep our alliance still hidden. This will also put him at a disadvantage--as the hero, he might be more reluctant to kill someone who's not fighting for you of their own free will."

"Finally, the hero themselves. Should we create a character, or use someone like, say, their foreign Minister, Kei...? Oh, I forget his last name."

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Of course. All a must in a futuristic movie of this caliber...should our enemies have some weaopns like this, too?"

"Now, in the final fight with the hero, I will be the one trying to physically stop him. I could pretend to be showing small signs of brainwashing, to keep our alliance still hidden. This will also put him at a disadvantage--as the hero, he might be more reluctant to kill someone who's not fighting for you of their own free will."

"Finally, the hero themselves. Should we create a character, or use someone like, say, their foreign Minister, Kei...? Oh, I forget his last name."

"I think you misunderstood me on the railgun part. We, with which I mean Saboria, use the weapons I mentioned even now, today, in the real world.

Anyways. For the fight with the hero, the brainwashing would be a good incentive for the Hero to try and get you on his side. Nice idea. As for the character..Hm. Kei Shojitsu could be a nice choice, perhaps dying in the process of destroying the first base. Perhaps even the Sumeragi, at one point? Or the Kaiser personally?"

"I think you misunderstood me on the railgun part. We, with which I mean Saboria, use the weapons I mentioned even now, today, in the real world.

Anyways. For the fight with the hero, the brainwashing would be a good incentive for the Hero to try and get you on his side. Nice idea. As for the character..Hm. Kei Shojitsu could be a nice choice, perhaps dying in the process of destroying the first base. Perhaps even the Sumeragi, at one point? Or the Kaiser personally?"

"Oh, I know you already use railguns. I meant that since they exist today, it's only logical they would still be around unless something much better was found, which I doubt."

"Thanks, I do try...personally, I favor Kei and the as the main hero, with the Sumeragi being a major secondary role. After all, she is her nation's leader. And she would undoubtedly be right there on the front lines whenever possible, fighting for her people."

He considered the other option, that of the Kaiser. "I like the idea of the Kaiser being a hero, but not the main one for this movie. Perhaps, like what happened for real with the old Duetschland, everyone thinks he's dead once Nordland falls. There are hints throughout the movie that there was a slight, but very miniscule chance, that he survived, but at the end, he resurfaces in Kyokujitsu Teikoku, at a very secret meeting with the Sumeragi. Or maybe in Uberstein's realm--I'm not sure which idea is better."

"Oh, I know you already use railguns. I meant that since they exist today, it's only logical they would still be around unless something much better was found, which I doubt."

"Thanks, I do try...personally, I favor Kei and the as the main hero, with the Sumeragi being a major secondary role. After all, she is her nation's leader. And she would undoubtedly be right there on the front lines whenever possible, fighting for her people."

He considered the other option, that of the Kaiser. "I like the idea of the Kaiser being a hero, but not the main one for this movie. Perhaps, like what happened for real with the old Duetschland, everyone thinks he's dead once Nordland falls. There are hints throughout the movie that there was a slight, but very miniscule chance, that he survived, but at the end, he resurfaces in Kyokujitsu Teikoku, at a very secret meeting with the Sumeragi. Or maybe in Uberstein's realm--I'm not sure which idea is better."

OOC: Sorry for not responding D=

IC: "Seeing as Nordland is officially governed by Martens and Reimer, one could appear in Uberstein's realm, the other in KT. Regarding the other things, I approve. Heh."

OOC: Sorry for not responding D=

IC: "Seeing as Nordland is officially governed by Martens and Reimer, one could appear in Uberstein's realm, the other in KT. Regarding the other things, I approve. Heh."

OOC: it's all right--we've both been a bit distracted by current RP events...

IC: "Glad you do...and that's a good point aboout Martens and Reimer. Perhaps Reimer (OOC: Or whatever leader he RP's as now.../OOO) was personally overseeing the shipment of the mechs to KT, though the audience won't know that 'till near the end, and that's why he survived. Martens stayed behind to oversee defense, for all the good it did, then shows up in Ubersteinia."

"So, I believe that covers all the details--the background, the heroes, the villains, the conflicts both on Bob and the moon...no, wait, there is one thing. We have to come up with a way for the hero to actually arrive on the moon, either undetected, or in such a way that he can eventually sneak into the base. or should we leave that detail to the producer?"

OOC: it's all right--we've both been a bit distracted by current RP events...

IC: "Glad you do...and that's a good point aboout Martens and Reimer. Perhaps Reimer (OOC: Or whatever leader he RP's as now.../OOO) was personally overseeing the shipment of the mechs to KT, though the audience won't know that 'till near the end, and that's why he survived. Martens stayed behind to oversee defense, for all the good it did, then shows up in Ubersteinia."

"So, I believe that covers all the details--the background, the heroes, the villains, the conflicts both on Bob and the moon...no, wait, there is one thing. We have to come up with a way for the hero to actually arrive on the moon, either undetected, or in such a way that he can eventually sneak into the base. or should we leave that detail to the producer?"

OOC: Indeed.

IC: "Well, we had a possibility earlier, with the mechs capable of getting there on their own...Which is, to be blunt, ridiculous. Perhaps a quickly thrown-together space program of KT, using Nordreich technologies."

OOC: Indeed.

IC: "Well, we had a possibility earlier, with the mechs capable of getting there on their own...Which is, to be blunt, ridiculous. Perhaps a quickly thrown-together space program of KT, using Nordreich technologies."

"Yeah, the mech idea was a little ridiculous, but it would have been awesome to pull off. Ah, well. I like the idea of a hastily-rigged space program better. Despite all odds, their quickly-assembled shuttle makes it to the moon, but it crash-lands because it was hit by a shot from one of the base's defenses. Kei is the only survivor of the crash-landing, because his spacesuit was the only one undamaged by the crash. Perhpas he manages to incapacitate one of the men sent to investigate the ruins, and take their place?"

"Yeah, the mech idea was a little ridiculous, but it would have been awesome to pull off. Ah, well. I like the idea of a hastily-rigged space program better. Despite all odds, their quickly-assembled shuttle makes it to the moon, but it crash-lands because it was hit by a shot from one of the base's defenses. Kei is the only survivor of the crash-landing, because his spacesuit was the only one undamaged by the crash. Perhpas he manages to incapacitate one of the men sent to investigate the ruins, and take their place?"

"That sounds reasonable. It would also possibly turn him into a Badass Normal hero in the eyes of the audience."

OOC: TVtropes ftw :awesome:

"That sounds reasonable. It would also possibly turn him into a Badass Normal hero in the eyes of the audience."

OOC: TVtropes ftw :awesome:

OOC: Indeed...I LOL'ed

IC: "Huh...I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. Now, are there any details we're forgetting to cover? Planetary-based conflict and background to that, the main characters, the arrival of the hero on the moon and his infiltration of the base, the actual conflict on the moon, and even the surprises for the endings."

OOC: Indeed...I LOL'ed

IC: "Huh...I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. Now, are there any details we're forgetting to cover? Planetary-based conflict and background to that, the main characters, the arrival of the hero on the moon and his infiltration of the base, the actual conflict on the moon, and even the surprises for the endings."

"I...Don't think we forgot any details. And if we did, let the producer figure the rest out."

"I...Don't think we forgot any details. And if we did, let the producer figure the rest out."

"Agreed." With that, Anderson resumed staring at the sky as seen from the moon. It was just so amazing--hard to imagine that he was here after all that time training.

OOC: So, do you think we should wait a little while to start that movie thread, until things in Oceania have cooled down again?

"Agreed." With that, Anderson resumed staring at the sky as seen from the moon. It was just so amazing--hard to imagine that he was here after all that time training.

OOC: So, do you think we should wait a little while to start that movie thread, until things in Oceania have cooled down again?

OOC: I agree. Though we can RP them going back, perhaps.

After the militarily - though luckily not economically - devastating war against Nordland, the Saborian forces needed to be rebuilt. Great parts of the airforce and almost the whole navy had been annihilated, though "merely" 40% of the ground forces were destroyed.

Not only would all this have to be rebuilt, much of the old equipment had to be modernised. Measures against submarines had to be implemented on all ships, anti-ship missles would have to be designed to be used similarly as the ship-killer missles deployed by Rockport during the war. The SF2 Morgan airplane had done its duty extremely well, though the massed AA of Nordland had made large-scale deployments of planes hard.

So much had to be made better. But now, Saboria had all the time needed. The space-elevator, the SkyCity and the Nakheel tower could be finished peacefully. After this, other projects were there to be done.

OOC: Are we ever gonna do the ride back from the moon?

OOC: I don't really feel like RPing that, partially 'cause the Chairman's gone for good and partially 'cause I don't have the inspiration for it.

Also, it'd be too similar to the travel to the moon. Sorry.

OOC: I don't really feel like RPing that, partially 'cause the Chairman's gone for good and partially 'cause I don't have the inspiration for it.

Also, it'd be too similar to the travel to the moon. Sorry.

OOC: Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. I'll miss the Chairman. Hope he doesn't get executed...maybe Anderson could visit him in prison or something.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. I'll miss the Chairman. Hope he doesn't get executed...maybe Anderson could visit him in prison or something.

OOC: It won't be likely that he'll survive. He may be a cripple, but he started a devastating war between Saboria and Nordland. Besides, he's kinda gone mad and may by now not even recognise Anderson. Age took its toll.

OOC: It won't be likely that he'll survive. He may be a cripple, but he started a devastating war between Saboria and Nordland. Besides, he's kinda gone mad and may by now not even recognise Anderson. Age took its toll.

OOC: Well, nuts... :(

OOC: Ranather dies, Uberstein falls off the face of Bob, and the Chairman is on his way out, all the Original REPO men are slowly going to dust ;_;

OOC: Hmm...I wonder if this is an indication of someone working from within to destroy it... :P

OOC: Well, nuts... :(

OOC: Hmm...I wonder if this is an indication of someone working from within to destroy it... :P

OOC: Nuts indeed.

As for someone working from within, nah. It's just natural erosion.

OOC: Well, if so, they will have one hell of a time with our dear Kaiser, wont they? :P:awesome:

OOC: Must...acquire...more...Infra.

Edited by Lynneth