Possible event bug, not sure, need clarification

Midkn1ght

Green Peace activists within your nation are calling on the government to create a national Earth Day holiday. They claim that this holiday will serve to remind our citizens to appreciate their environment. Option 1: Create the national Earth Day holiday to remind our citizens to protect the environment. 1 point of improvement to environment.

Option 2:Ignore these protesters and hold a speech to remind our citizens that work must come first before concerns over the environment. Citizen income +$2.00.

No response Population happiness -1.

I got this today. I started off with enviro 4.5 (w 4 BWs) stars before bill paying and getting the event. I chose Option 1, but my enviro didn't change at all? I dropped out 1 BW and my enviro still didn't change at all? I thought BWs at 1 point each were worth half a star? So if I had + 1/2 a star, shouldn't I of been at 5 stars? And why did I stay at 4.5 stars even after decomming a BW? Decomming another BW properly took me down to 4 star enviro, but even when I rebought all BWs, even 1 more then I had to start with, before I got the +1 point from the event, I still stayed at 4.5 stars. At that point I should of seen maxed enviro, an effective 5.5 stars if that were even possible, 1/2 from the event, and another 1/2 from another BW.

I'm sure I'm probably missing the environment math or the GRL is still screwing it up, just want to make sure.

The GRL is still 1.81 and the best environment you can get is 1+GR, so it is 2.81 which is 4.5 stars. Also, when you destroyed the BW (after getting the event) and the environment stayed the same, it means that you still have the best environment you can get. The environment point from the event allows you to destroy a BW and get 2% citizens back. Just remember to buy the BW back in 30 days ;)

The GRL is still 1.81 and the best environment you can get is 1+GR, so it is 2.81 which is 4.5 stars. Also, when you destroyed the BW (after getting the event) and the environment stayed the same, it means that you still have the best environment you can get. The environment point from the event allows you to destroy a BW and get 2% citizens back. Just remember to buy the BW back in 30 days ;)

Thanks Emperor, I appreciate the answer. I've never been sure how the environ stuff is figured out, guess I'll go see if I can find the figures for it so I dont get worried about nothing. Thanks again.