Declaration of War

Thanks for the compliments FV, but I am not nearly as good as you describe, even when I am as active as I should be.

@Hormones- All that I can speak for is the NAAC, what the rest of the genius alliances do is their call. But for as long as I am responsible for the NAAC, we will fight wars for a week and then offer a white peace. Much of this miscommunication is my fault because I am only active for maybe 30 mins per day. So I have to promote independent minded people and trust them to do their best. Believe it or not, they do an incredible job 95% of the time.

From the beginning puppet master and I have had a different set of perspectives. The same could be said for greatmagnus and I. But both of them are military leaders, so their job is to eliminate threats in as permanent a way as possible. I on the other hand am trying to look at the big picture, to see other peoples point of view and even to experiment a bit with this community.

As such, we entered a war with a case of doublevision with regard to the objectives. Puppet master went in with the goal of reducing what our MoD staff had determined to be the largest threat to the NAAC vision for the game. Naturally, he doesn't want any of our enemies in this war getting up, dusting themselves off and then kicking the crap out of us. We don't have treaties, so nobody has to show up to help us when two or more alliances decided to give us a beat down.

But at the same time our motivation all along has been the NAAC vision for the game, so we have to come back to that, and that is where I come in to this. My vision all along for this game was to make it fluid and very fun. Let people play how they want, but prevent them from attaining a position to where they could dictate to others how they play. That is the experiment that I am working on this round- can an alliance play the game without treaties, but also without being a neutral? Can we convince others by our actions alone that we can be friends and enemies at the same time?

I alluded to the experiment here and in other places- I am testing a hypothesis here. Is it possible to balance this game on the razors edge and avoid the positive feedback that seems to crush the life out of nearly every other game similar to this? So far, all I have seen in CN is the bandwagon effect where after a time an alliance gains enough of a lead that everybody else falls into line and the game is over.

Every round here is the opportunity for another experiment. If a number of alliances help us to succeed this round, then next round, I might ask my friends/alliance mates to go play for other alliances and see if our not being here allows one alliance to create the bloc that wins the game.

Anyway, welcome to the inside of my head- its pretty cluttered with strange ideas.

And for the record, I plan to talk with my genius friends and ask them if they need us after Thursday. If the answer is no, then I plan to have our entire alliance peace out and get ready for the next assault on the balance to the game.

Edited by Arctic

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"get ready for the next assault on the balance to the game."

^Yes! It's time to take down SF, what do ya say? j/k

Thanks for your kind words, Arctic. I think Puppet Master is a little blind, though, if he thinks ZIing us would have furthered NAAC's goals. Threatening more serious war gets more serious war in return and would guarantee NAAC would be at the bottom of the dogpile. Shrug.

As for what you did, getting all these alliances against us, I'm actually [OOC] for it. It made the game more interesting, posed a challenge, and brought many people together in a cause. [/OOC] so terribly angry.

I have been acting like a little child the past few days as such i publicly apologize for any comments i have made and will now go sit in a corner facing the wall for the next few hours. You will not see me posting in the next few weeks so for all Good Bye :).

Also i would like to personally say sorry to Airme as i had no right to flame you or make fun of you. I wish you all good day!

T

I alluded to the experiment here and in other places- I am testing a hypothesis here. Is it possible to balance this game on the razors edge and avoid the positive feedback that seems to crush the life out of nearly every other game similar to this? So far, all I have seen in CN is the bandwagon effect where after a time an alliance gains enough of a lead that everybody else falls into line and the game is over.

Every round here is the opportunity for another experiment. If a number of alliances help us to succeed this round, then next round, I might ask my friends/alliance mates to go play for other alliances and see if our not being here allows one alliance to create the bloc that wins the game.

I haven't seen that once, perhaps i simply have knowledge that you do not? we should chat it up sometime

This global radiation are wreking my enviromental and citizen income, i already lost $2 on taxes :(

Everyone is in the exact same boat, so it doesn't effect you as much as you think. Especially as most people war in CN:TE and all it means is you will have less cash to spend on military, but so will your opponents.

• 2 weeks later...