List of Treaties and blocs

Subtleknifewielder

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot about that. We will not withdraw from the TPP.

Thnak you.

The New Shillan Empire has been accepted into the FPW.

Named added/changed

Can the Villages be changed to Villarus?

Done. No problem!

Rossiyskaya and the SUAS have signed an MDP.

Added

Guarantee of sovereignity (Essentially one-sided MDP):

Saboria->Slovetzia

So basically a protectorate? That's what I added it as--let me know if it's not.

Please add The Kingdom of Okhrana to the signatory list of the American Treaty Organization.

Added.

Added. Again, much appreciation for the link! :awesome:

So basically a protectorate? That's what I added it as--let me know if it's not.

In a sense, yes. But there are differences between protectorates and the guarantee of sovereignity.

For one, any strip of land can be turned into a protectorate, while only sovereign nations can get a guarantee.

Secondly, what I failed to put into the "MDP"-part, a protectorate is a MDP as is written in the words "mutual defense pact/agreement". A guarantee of sovereignity gives me a casus belli on the attacking nation, but does not force me to intervene, when I for example think that the attacked nation is capable of winning with only help in form of supplies and money. It also isn't really mutual - I can guarantee the sovereignity without the nation ever agreeing to it. Quite complicated all this.

tl;dr: Essentially a one-sided, optional defense pact, from what I know about the topic.

In a sense, yes. But there are differences between protectorates and the guarantee of sovereignity.

For one, any strip of land can be turned into a protectorate, while only sovereign nations can get a guarantee.

Secondly, what I failed to put into the "MDP"-part, a protectorate is a MDP as is written in the words "mutual defense pact/agreement". A guarantee of sovereignity gives me a casus belli on the attacking nation, but does not force me to intervene, when I for example think that the attacked nation is capable of winning with only help in form of supplies and money. It also isn't really mutual - I can guarantee the sovereignity without the nation ever agreeing to it. Quite complicated all this.

tl;dr: Essentially a one-sided, optional defense pact, from what I know about the topic.

Ah. Still, close enough for our purposes. It's the closest thing to any of the treaty types I have listed.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder