CN 1000 days

Orioni

I looked at the game demographics this morning, and noticed to my surprise that "Cyber Nations is 1000 days old today."

Has it been this long already? Oh how different the old days were. Everyone had a tiny nation, there were no spies or navy, and the choice for staying in peace mode was not punished. On the other hand, there were less players to get to know, and we didn't have any of those flashy graphs either.

What are your experiences during the course of this game?

What lessons do you bring from living on Planet Bob for a while?

Which good or bad experiences, regarding the gameplay, do you want to share?

I remember when nukes were 100 infra and 10 tech - no one ever got more than 10 tech because there were no bonuses for it anyway - also everyone was poorer. There was no start up aid and what takes a modern nation a week in growth could take a nation a month.

The only weapons of war were soldiers and nukes - no CMs, tanks etc.

There were less than 10 alliances - I visited every one of them every day.

You had to put your AA in your bio since there was no AA field.

These were the trades.

Resource Benefits

Aluminum – Increases solder count +8%.

Cattle – Increases number of citizens +5% and lowers initial infrastructure cost -5%.

Coal – Increases the natural growth of a nation by 15%.

Fish - Increases number of citizens +8% and lowers initial infrastructure cost -2%.

Furs – Increases citizen’s daily income +$3.00 and increases the natural growth of a nation by 8%.

Gold – Increases citizen’s daily income +$5.00.

Gems – Increases population happiness +2, increases citizen’s daily income +$3.00

Iron – Lowers initial soldier cost -$3.00, lowers infrastructure upkeep costs -$5.00, and lowers initial building costs -5%.

Lead – Lower inital nuclear cost -2% and lowers nuclear upkeep costs -10%.

Lumber – Lower inital infrastructure cost -5% and lowers infrastructure upkeep costs -$5.00.

Marble – Lower inital infrastructure cost -8%.

Oil - Lowers initial soldier cost -$3.00 and increases population happiness +1.

Pigs – Lowers soldier upkeep cost -$0.50.

Rubber - Increases the natural growth of a nation by 15%.

Silver – Increases citizen’s daily income +$3.00 and increases population happiness +2.

Spices – Increases the natural land growth of a nation by 8% and increases population happiness +2.

Sugar – Increases the natural growth of a nation by 5%, increases number of citizens +3%, and increases population happiness +1.

Uranium – Allow nations to develop nuclear weapons only if that nations government preference supports nuclear weapons. If a nations government preference favors nuclear technology for the use of nuclear power plants but does not support nuclear weapons then the nation will receive +$3.00 per citizen but loses -1 population happienss.

Water – Increases number of citizens per mile before populatin unhappienss by 30, increases population happiness +1, and improves a nations environment by 10%.

Weat – Increases the natural growth of a nation by 5% and increases number of citizens +8%.

Wine – Increases population happiness +3.

I still don't understand some of the bonuses they gave - like cattle lowering infra costs? wtf.

The game was also absolutely full of typos - I mean there are still a few here and there but for the most part it's pretty good now.

in conclusion - game was fun - but there's just so much more to it now.

Edited by Shan Revan

You had to put your AA in your bio since there was no AA field.

I remember searching for people's bios to try and get an accurate number of members and a couple Maroon alliances having disputes over how many members they actually had when I first joined. (Yes, I didn't join until Maroon had already been created. I'm a newb).

The first time I played was before the end of GWII. To tell the truth, the game wasn't all that different. There were no spies or navy, no graphs, no notepad, and I think that's it. It's mainly the political climate that's changed so much.

Same with me.

My one lesson learned from this game:

Do not piss off someone who has more ties to other alliances and or are more powerful than your alliance is.

Same with me.

My one lesson learned from this game:

Do not piss off someone who has more ties to other alliances and or are more powerful than your alliance is.

Hope you teach those important rules to new CN players as soon as possible. There are still new CN players attacking and/or scamming alliances' members. :mellow:

Here is what I learned, if you act like a rouge, be prepared to be blasted back and curbstomped by your old enemies. Plus, always plan ahead, and prepare for emergency problems that will come in the future, such as being attacked by a random rouge, and always have a good support system (being in a good alliance, not one of those rouge alliances).

Anyways, No events for the 1000th day anniversary for CN?! Wow, the CN Administrator is lame, no offense. :awesome:

*Runs away to avoid being banned for posting something that would be a minor offense to the CN Administrator*

Edited by HHAYD