Destroying/selling tech

I just had some poor misguided nation offer to aid me all of his tech since he was getting beat down by tech raiders, unfortunately he didn't realize there is no aid in TE.

Should there be a way to destroy or sell (back to the "bank" (like land/infra), not another player) tech in TE? Having too much tech can be a real liability. If a new nation accidentally buys a disproportionate amount of tech they've pretty much doomed themselves to tech raids for the foreseeable future. Destroying their tech would actually be a win for these nations.

• 1 month later...
I just had some poor misguided nation offer to aid me all of his tech since he was getting beat down by tech raiders, unfortunately he didn't realize there is no aid in TE.

Should there be a way to destroy or sell (back to the "bank" (like land/infra), not another player) tech in TE? Having too much tech can be a real liability. If a new nation accidentally buys a disproportionate amount of tech they've pretty much doomed themselves to tech raids for the foreseeable future. Destroying their tech would actually be a win for these nations.

I completely agree with this... I was around 240 infra or so w/ just over 124 tech at one point. After repeatedly getting hit, I'm now at about 24 infra but I still have over 100 tech. My tech is keeping me in range of much bigger nations than those that should be able to attack me...

With my 246 citizens, I'm getting hit by a nation with 1,787 soldiers. All because I can't dump any tech to get more in line with my infra and get myself out of range of these bigger guys. My NS is being inflated by my un-dumpable tech. There needs to be some way to offload tech.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, a sell tech function, like the land sell, would be nice.

hehehe - well I'm sure not gonna be the one to tell my citizens they gotta give back their flush toilets 'n microwaves :o

I do agree there is an issue here tho - can tech be made less important when figured into to DoW and retain it's value in attacks??

living in tents eh!

I don't know about this...doesn't everyone have an equal chance to be that bigger nation? Surely there are tactic-based solutions like gaining your tech in an infra ratio that allows you to defend it effectively...or buying 50 cms to ward off raiders...or being more careful with defcon levels...

I think the problem is that people go into TE and sit in defcon 5 with 30% soldiers and a bunch of banks and wonder why they keep getting hit...

TE's meant to be dog-eat-dog aggressive...if we give people the ability to throw their tech overboard then the incentive to play is at risk.

All you need to avoid being raided, besides joining a top 10 alliance, is 50% soldiers, 5% tanks, and 5 or 6 missles and 10 aircraft. I only raid people in anarchy with 100 soldiers, who are a couple days inactive. As you said, in TE everything's fair.