Donation Deal Prices

Big Jimboi

Some of you will remember the days when donations cost just 3mil. I wish to open up discussion on the rise from 3mil up to 21mil.

Why has this happened?

Is it mid-range nations bumping them up trying to get in on the donation selling to? (one point I have seen raised)

Should something be done about it? Can something be done about it?

Discuss away...

I have a small nation and would love to get $12 mil for a donation deal. It'd be a really nice bounce for my nation!

I know I could get more, but I'm not greedy. I guess if I had a bigger nation then the price would have to be higher to make it worth it for me.

Edited by Andy Rooney

It's because nations have more money now. 12 mil used to be a week or more's worth of a nation's income. Now, I make that much in two days with several million left over in profit. Donations are also worth a ton more to those same high income nations because 200 infra is worth tens of millions. For me, I think the cost is something like 5-6x that 12 mil without even touching on the tech, money or land. In total, a donation is probably worth somewhere around 100 mil in cash, so 12 mil doesn't seem like much to pay, whereas it would have resulted in a net loss for many nations a year or two ago.

If the people weren't limited by slots it would be much much higher, but the reason is simple economics. Donation sellers see the "profit" that the buyers make and know that they can get the buyer to rationalize up to a higher price. Paying 18M or thereabouts is a drop in the bucket to what it would actually cost some nations to buy 200 infra.

However, it's not the sellers that are driving the market, it is the buyers. You have a rather large base of nations who would benefit from a donation at price X. The pool of sellers is smaller than the pool of buyers. So you have a number of nations looking to pay X who just won't get a donation in a particular month. This makes them more determined to get a donation in the following month. So they offer to pay Y in an effort to separate themselves from the crowd of nations looking to pay X. So the buyers push the price higher and higher in an effort to be one of those to get noticed and receive a donation.

However, it's not the sellers that are driving the market, it is the buyers. You have a rather large base of nations who would benefit from a donation at price X. The pool of sellers is smaller than the pool of buyers. So you have a number of nations looking to pay X who just won't get a donation in a particular month. This makes them more determined to get a donation in the following month. So they offer to pay Y in an effort to separate themselves from the crowd of nations looking to pay X. So the buyers push the price higher and higher in an effort to be one of those to get noticed and receive a donation.

This is why I just donate to myself.

Some of you will remember the days when donations cost just 3mil. I wish to open up discussion on the rise from 3mil up to 21mil.

Why has this happened?

Is it mid-range nations bumping them up trying to get in on the donation selling to? (one point I have seen raised)

Should something be done about it? Can something be done about it?

Discuss away...

It was a rip off, large nations were charging $20 of real money for one aid slot (minus the tech) in a game. I'm glad small nations can get a decent chance at growth allowing them to close the gap a little on the many huge nations in the game.

Edited by Alterego

Personally, I won't pay over $18mil or equivalent because I feel it costs more to tie up all of my aid slots. It's not about the money; it's about the slots.

This is the main reason I brought this up. If I could send out 18mil in one slot then I wouldn't mind so much lol

I have a small nation and would love to get $12 mil for a donation deal. It'd be a really nice bounce for my nation!

I know I could get more, but I'm not greedy. I guess if I had a bigger nation then the price would have to be higher to make it worth it for me.

If you are seriously selling, message me.

Personally, I won't pay over $18mil or equivalent because I feel it costs more to tie up all of my aid slots. It's not about the money; it's about the slots.

I use 2 or 3 slots twice instead of all 6 at once to keep a few slots open, so I will pay over 18 million if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

This is somewhat annoying. I was never buying them for $3M like others here, but I used to get them for $9M, which was perfect because it was basically one aid slot continuously devoted to donations (3 payments per month).

I'm not sure how much higher it could go though. For my nation, I could use 1 aid slot for a month for a tech deal and profit about $50M (over buying my own tech). A donation is worth about $105M for me, so it's more beneficial to do the 2 tech deals than to pay $18M ($100M profit > $87M profit...both requiring 6 aid slots). $15M is a worthwhile deal for me, as it is effectively worth ~$18M/slot vs ~$16.7M/slot for tech deals. There is no reason for me to ever pay more than $15M for my nation. I actually have a much higher infra/tech ratio than average, so I would expect very few nations to find a $21M deal more profitable than tech dealing.

If the donating nation wants tech also (which is now common), it honestly isn't worth my paying any more than $6M + 100 tech (2 aid slots), and that deal is really not likely to be found. Even $9M + 100 tech is less profitable than tech deals.