General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

Personally, I liked the old tech table better. Still, you've done a smashing job.

lol, the behemoth of a table that was wrong in so many ways? I think it was a bit too complicated and this one is much simpler. Plus it also means I'm on par with a modern 1st world nation now :awesome:

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mechas are generally frowned upon.

Mechas that have been designed by nations currently (by this I don't mean Gundams), which are generally useless and won't be of any help other than to show off, are perfectly fine.

I'd prefer an army of tanks to even a single mecha. These walking things are completely useless, as cool as they may look. Shoot the legs and they're useless.

I'd prefer an army of tanks to even a single mecha. These walking things are completely useless, as cool as they may look. Shoot the legs and they're useless.

That is why my really old mech's recovered from the collapsed Russany have extra armor on the legs. However, they can't walk very fast, they are more of "Stand there and kill EVERYTHING" machines.

...and I kinda gave them all to Martens so he could have fun with them against Subtleknife and Highbuzz.

That is why my really old mech's recovered from the collapsed Russany have extra armor on the legs. However, they can't walk very fast, they are more of "Stand there and kill EVERYTHING" machines.

...and I kinda gave them all to Martens so he could have fun with them against Subtleknife and Highbuzz.

Unfortunately, they seem to have been destroyed...along with most of my Expeditionary Force and ALL of Highbuzz's.

Meh, you could RP mechs, but then again, they would be almot useless (especially compared in cost towards infantry). Why? Because, if theres mud, they will sink and cannot move. Sand they'll sink and not move. The'll wreak up roads from their earth-shattering feet. I'd rather just hire some men with me Blunderbuss's + Bazooka's :ehm:.

:awsume: Yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum!

Its Talk-like-a-pirate-day!

Talk_Like_a_Pirate_Day.png

so, I have 2800 tech. I would like to know if that would allow any form of useful laser weaponry.

Either as a small one or two shot handgun...or something larger for military uses.

afaik, the USA are already using laser weaponry (stationary) to defend themselves against rockets. And artillery shells.

Seeing as they're pretty much the most modern country today, I'd see them somewhere near 2.3k tech or something. But that's only my estimate.

Edit: I have no idea if the lasers are still prototypes.

Edited by Lynneth