General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Militia should not be used unless you RP thier founding.

I have RPed that my citizens will fight to the death (from thier own houses) than be conquered. I have RPed this for some time, including little limitations with gun rights. My citizens are armed and ready, not organized, but still can do damage. I have RPed half my citizens going through combat training courses as well as rifle handling classes as a requirement through my colleges, the other half are ex military. I have RPed my houses being built to withstand mortar shells. I have even RPed my citizens being 6 foot who are part time hunters/gatherers who if they stay in physical shape will receive a 500 grant per month.

The fact that some people think they can take a percent of thier citizens and transform it into an organized militia right when they get into trouble is amazing. You fight and destroy the army and 1/3rd of a population rises up in an organized fashion to destroy you.

Recruiting citizens into a Defense Group is one thing. My soldiers will shoot the hell out of them anyway before they get a shot off. Militia is another thing because they are trained citizens. Remember that when an army is on top of you. Your citizen may have a rifle and know how to shoot it, but my soldier may have a bazooka and he knows how to use that better.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I would add that these rules from CNRP-R are added to CNRP

Quick rule update:

The amount of nukes (warheads) you have is equal to your in game level of warheads. Everyone with standard nukes has fission bombs. Weapons research complexes give you hydrogen bombs (keep them within reason not tens of megaton warheads). This decision was reached by consulting with the GMs and at their urging.

Also if you have not heard yet, large Fuel air explosive bombs, chemical weapons, large EMP weapons, and biological weapons are capped at 50 and equal to the number of CMs you ahve in game

Also, I would like this convention adopted for god mods.

Type one, total impossibility. IE Death star. Total RP wiped. These kind of god mods are easy to spot, and will be called quickly, so little RP to go back and redo.

Type two, feature impossibility. IE Fighter jet with a laser. These are sometimes unnoticed, and when found / called, Rp should be paused, while they are argued out in a separate thread. If the feature is found to be impossible, then the Rp continues as if all actions had occurred minus that feature. IE, you still used your fighters, but since they didn't have lasers, they got annihilated.

• 1 month later...

What is the tech:year formula? "Year = 30 log (1.5*tech) + 1910???"

I just don't understand the "30 log" thing. Iz no g00d at sk0lz. Actually, I am, but I just haven't been educated on the proper use of certain mathematical terms.

Edited by thor gold

What is the tech:year formula? "Year = 30 log (1.5*tech) + 1910???"

I just don't understand the "30 log" thing. Iz no g00d at sk0lz. Actually, I am, but I just haven't been educated on the proper use of certain mathematical terms.

Plug it into Google. Google understands all, thor. You, of all people, should know that. And thor, you have it easy. You get to use this year's tech, or, more specifcally, tech we will have this year by mid-December.

Edited by Arkantos

"log" is the mathematical shorthand for the logarithmic function to the base of them. The logarithmic function takes a number, and return a number that, when the base is raised to that power gives the input number.

Hence, 10^2 = 100. Log (100) =2.