General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

If it takes your troops a week, wait a day and a half or something.

So don't wait the full time, just wait for a little bit.

Hahaha god that was good to read. Actually Arkantos you can move your forces at whatever time scale you want. Lots of players use their own time scales for their RP's so you move as you want to move so yes you can move ahead your troops if you want. After all its your RP.

I just RP massive cargo ships with special addons (as in anti-aircraft guns, tanks/artillery in times of war but usually just soilders w/ snipers & bazookas, that sorta thing). Of course against a battleship it will get destroyed fast; they're only armed to defend it or protect small boats storming a beach.

Anyone have issues with that?

Edited by JerreyRough

Hahaha god that was good to read. Actually Arkantos you can move your forces at whatever time scale you want. Lots of players use their own time scales for their RP's so you move as you want to move so yes you can move ahead your troops if you want. After all its your RP.

No, you can't. If it's a military RP, you can't say "two weeks later I land, invade and three days later they're all captured".

No, you have to RP it all out. If it's two weeks, wait a few days. Three days later? Wait about a day. If someone doesn't like you going in their business or they don't want you in that land, you have to give a chance to respond.

No, you can't. If it's a military RP, you can't say "two weeks later I land, invade and three days later they're all captured".

No, you have to RP it all out. If it's two weeks, wait a few days. Three days later? Wait about a day. If someone doesn't like you going in their business or they don't want you in that land, you have to give a chance to respond.

True I agree with you there but in this gentlmen's case he is moving into unclaimed land and so all of the psoting for the terrorists and his side are done by himself. Therefore I think he can move it ahead a bit just to continue the RP as he is the only one invloved however, if it was an invasion of some claimed land then I would agree with you. But there is no need to make this gentlemen wait a day or a few days just so he can post again.

True I agree with you there but in this gentlmen's case he is moving into unclaimed land and so all of the psoting for the terrorists and his side are done by himself. Therefore I think he can move it ahead a bit just to continue the RP as he is the only one invloved however, if it was an invasion of some claimed land then I would agree with you. But there is no need to make this gentlemen wait a day or a few days just so he can post again.

He was warned in-character that it's ACN land, therefore he needs to wait for an ACN response.

He was warned in-character that it's ACN land, therefore he needs to wait for an ACN response.

Ah I see in that case yes he does need to wait but it does need to be marked down on the map that its ACN land as right now it just shows it as white unclaimed land.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see #cybernationsrp added as an unofficial channel. I do not see any reason why both cannot exist alongside each other. However, I see it as bias and as official endorsement to not give equal notice of the existence of #cybernationsrp as you do of #cnrp. Either both should be listed in this thread, or neither.

I would like to see #cybernationsrp added as an unofficial channel. I do not see any reason why both cannot exist alongside each other. However, I see it as bias and as official endorsement to not give equal notice of the existence of #cybernationsrp as you do of #cnrp. Either both should be listed in this thread, or neither.

We don't want to be misleading to new players. If they want something from CNRP on IRC, #cybernationsrp is not the channel to go to, as it is not a frequent stop for most. It's a new channel. They should not have equal notice as the channels are not equal.

We don't want to be misleading to new players. If they want something from CNRP on IRC, #cybernationsrp is not the channel to go to, as it is not a frequent stop for most. It's a new channel. They should not have equal notice as the channels are not equal.

It will will be getting quite a bit of traffic soon. I assure you that.

The populations are similar:

#cybernationsrp: 11

#CNRP: 19

And having 2 channels will be useful so that 2 topics can be discussed at one time without them getting mixed up.

He does have a point about it being useful to have two channels, so that different topics may be discussed. That has been an issue for #cnrp in the past. Conversations get clustered between talks on the game and random chatter. Another channel, especially a growing one such as #cybernationsrp, has quite a few advantages to it.

Additionally, 16 people are now active in #cybernationsrp, and the channel is far from dead. People are talking in it. It is fairly active. It was at 18 before two people got off. Quite a lively discussion going on though. I do say it is large enough and active enough to be listed alongside #cnrp.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Well in my opinion, #cybernationsrp is much better, and far more "professional" (unlike CNRP, with the title giving it all:"Raunchy Sex Chat 23/7 (CNRP the other hour)").

Comparing the two channels: #cnrp usually has its title going on (not always Raunchy Sex Chat, but utterly unrelated things like that), but also has things with CNRP (generally 1/4 of the posts relate to CNRP). I do not mind things like "I like X" and then a conversation on it. But you can't blam the mod's quite as much, but they have mingled with the others. There is !@#$%*ing, however.

#cybernationsrp is much more "professional". It never (I know its new, but still) has utterly unrelated things like in #cnrp, and small, sometimes larger, converstions on things like a movie, or a game. But no !@#$%*ing occurs.

So, from my opinion #cybernationsrp would be a good choice for new palyers to go to. #cnrp is much, much more OOC & good for talking about random things. THus, it should be posted on post #1 just above #cnrp.

And to GM's: approach both channels, look at the good and bad, then choose. Don't pick a biased view; I tried to make mine unbiased as much as I can, but I'm only human.