General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be unfair to countries; lets say a giant earthquake affects region A in country B, and had ended in massive destruction in region A. Lets say in RP that region is just one RP'er. That wouldn't be fair if everyone said that it must happen and they must adapt. Especially if they are gone; for example, Lo1S is doing exams, what if a massive hurricane hit him and he couldn't respond in a long period of time. Same thing with drought, or any other disaster for that matter.

@Sargun: No? (Why?)

It would be unfair to countries; lets say a giant earthquake affects region A in country B, and had ended in massive destruction in region A. Lets say in RP that region is just one RP'er. That wouldn't be fair if everyone said that it must happen and they must adapt. Especially if they are gone; for example, Lo1S is doing exams, what if a massive hurricane hit him and he couldn't respond in a long period of time. Same thing with drought, or any other disaster for that matter.

I think the RP would be done by the country affected, so he/she'll respond when he/she gets back.

In addition, it is slightly unfair if some nations spend resources preparing for natural disasters, while others never prepare for them and never RP getting hit by them.

Edited by XRCatD

I think the RP would be done by the country affected, so he/she'll respond when he/she gets back.

In addition, it is slightly unfair if some nations spend resources preparing for natural disasters, while others never prepare for them and never RP getting hit by them.

It's your own RP, you're preparing for a potential disaster if you want to. Likewise, you RP the disaster itself if you wish to as well. No one should be compelled to roleplay a disaster just because someone else said so.

Also, natural disasters occur much more often in some part of the worlds than in others - there'd be great geographical discrepancies if "disasters" were to be "regulated" (e.g. while natural threats such as Hurricanes are commonplace and damaging in the Gulf of Mexico, not much is going to happen in, say, Scandinavia).

We could have a trade war! "I'll buy it for 2 grand!" "No, I got a better deal! 3 grand" "P'ch, thats nothing! I'll buy it for 4 grand!" "Why are you listening to his lies? 5 grand from me is a far better deal!" Etc...

How about the option of a natural disaster?

And it would also be unfair to those who don't want their nations to be hit by natural disasters.

Just like in real life. We can't pick when and where natural disasters strike. No one said it was fair.

That's like how wars are unfair to those who didn't want to be attacked by other countries...

This is truth.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Oh, yeah, except wars you're able to do something about it, fight, and win a war if need be - with a natural disaster, you have to take it. It also disregards treaties, PREVIOUS ACTIONS THAT CAUSE THE WAR IN THE FIRST PLACE, things like that.

Stupid idea, and I'll never follow it or have anything to do with it.

Oh, yeah, except wars you're able to do something about it, fight, and win a war if need be - with a natural disaster, you have to take it. It also disregards treaties, PREVIOUS ACTIONS THAT CAUSE THE WAR IN THE FIRST PLACE, things like that.

Stupid idea, and I'll never follow it or have anything to do with it.

The others say you have to take it if someone twice your strength invades you and you have no help. There's nothing you can do to affect the outcome.

And by no means do all wars have a legitimate Causus Belli. What would you say to the fairness of those, hmm?

The others say you have to take it if someone twice your strength invades you and you have no help. There's nothing you can do to affect the outcome.

And by no means do all wars have a legitimate Causus Belli. What would you say to the fairness of those, hmm?

In wars that don't have a legitimate CB, people come to help.

Like the Saboria-Nordland war, the South America war.

The DKT war doesn't count because nobody likes DKT - any CB is valid enough against them. :awesome:

In wars that don't have a legitimate CB, people come to help.

Like the Saboria-Nordland war, the South America war.

The DKT war doesn't count because nobody likes DKT - any CB is valid enough against them. :awesome:

Really...still wasn;t fair, and in the end, Sumer wasn't really able to affect the outcome. As you would say, it wasn't fair. And it's not always clear when the causus Belli isn't legitimate. Case in point, the feigned attack on the Tahoan civilians that was blamed on DKT.

Really...still wasn;t fair, and in the end, Sumer wasn't really able to affect the outcome. As you would say, it wasn't fair. And it's not always clear when the causus Belli isn't legitimate. Case in point, the feigned attack on the Tahoan civilians that was blamed on DKT.

And we all know it wasn't real. :wub:

I refuse to have someone else tell me what happens to my country. If someone wants to invade me and deal with the PAC and win, they obviously deserve to do it. Otherwise, they can shut their $@! up and stop pretending they can run my nation.

And we all know it wasn't real. :wub:

I refuse to have someone else tell me what happens to my country. If someone wants to invade me and deal with the PAC and win, they obviously deserve to do it. Otherwise, they can shut their $@! up and stop pretending they can run my nation.

Nobody is trying to tell you anything. This is a discussion thread, and itt was a suggestions put up for, you guessed it, discussion!