General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

I think that it's rather ridiculous that just because you were once large means that you have a permanent advantage over other nations. However, you're right. If you lose things, you wouldn't just immediately go 'boom'.

However, I did once propose a sort of fallback option. It would basically be that if a nation gets involved in in-game wars and gets pummeled, there would be a limit to how far the person falls. For instance, if they had 1200 tech and gets down to 200, they'd stop at about 500 or 600, so that they'd be modern or at least near-modern. But it isn't fair to newer nations that large nations get to keep their highest stats even if they make a bonehead decision (or their alliance does, or they're accidentally drawn into war, etc. etc.)

I think it's rather ridiculous that I can't. I have never RP as an aggressive nation, and if I did, I'm sure I would have been in so many CNRP butthurts that RP wise my nation would be small and weak from the constant attacks. Typically, you guys do a good job of beating/ignoring the annoying/way to aggressive RPers around here. I don't see why I shouldn't be able to retain my CNRP nation size when I do not go into wars often, or get nuked RP, or anything. It just doesn't make sense to me.

As for your second idea, I just don't like the idea of following guidelines. RP should be fun and use the mind, but when you make people start following rules, it will take away something RP which people will simply stop. It is fair to newer nations because if they don't do anything to piss the big guys off, they shouldn't worry about being crushed. Also RP should be able making friends and allies. They're plenty of big-nations (cough look at the sides of the current big RP war) that are balanced evenly on opposite sides. Make friends with some on one side, or both. Be neutral, build up... With time, even someones IG nation remains small, if they RP for 100+ days RPwise, their nation should increase.

The idea of using IG stats as a "broad" indictator of might is okay, but in my example (and others I bet) I think it's rather unfair. Generally, common sense will get you far in RP and you just need to use your head.

*shrugs*

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know about the 2010, but that's not the matter here. What I mean by the nation is considered modern is that they have achieved the level of advancement in education, military, politics, health care, information, communication, and anything else that is on par with the US, France, Great Britain, etc.

Yeah, don't say 2010. Say something like "similar or equal to the technological level of present first-world nations" if you want to get specific. "Present" should work and the longer one should probably only be mentioned when someone mentions that third-world countries still use old Soviet tanks and stuff.

Prune them and strip their claims for new RPers to join.

Yes, but by what "reason"? I mean, we should give a certain deadline (say, three weeks) where they'll be considered gone unless they have posted that they'll be isolating themsevles for some time (OOC reason being vacations, sickness, etc.)

I think it's rather ridiculous that I can't. I have never RP as an aggressive nation, and if I did, I'm sure I would have been in so many CNRP butthurts that RP wise my nation would be small and weak from the constant attacks. Typically, you guys do a good job of beating/ignoring the annoying/way to aggressive RPers around here. I don't see why I shouldn't be able to retain my CNRP nation size when I do not go into wars often, or get nuked RP, or anything. It just doesn't make sense to me.

As for your second idea, I just don't like the idea of following guidelines. RP should be fun and use the mind, but when you make people start following rules, it will take away something RP which people will simply stop. It is fair to newer nations because if they don't do anything to piss the big guys off, they shouldn't worry about being crushed. Also RP should be able making friends and allies. They're plenty of big-nations (cough look at the sides of the current big RP war) that are balanced evenly on opposite sides. Make friends with some on one side, or both. Be neutral, build up... With time, even someones IG nation remains small, if they RP for 100+ days RPwise, their nation should increase.

The idea of using IG stats as a "broad" indictator of might is okay, but in my example (and others I bet) I think it's rather unfair. Generally, common sense will get you far in RP and you just need to use your head.

*shrugs*

These guidelines aren't meant to be used as a rulebook. This is mainly for newer nations to look at so that they, as you said, don't do anything to piss the big guys off. This is mainly for new players to look at. Older players, like yourself, should come here not to look at the guidelines that you already know but to help younger players or to ask a question that isn't clarified.

I know that CNRP isn't perfect, but there is way too much bickering. This isn't supposed to be "ZOMG LOOK HERE IT SAYS YOU CAN'T DO THAT" when in reality this thread is just supposed to be a way for new players to start off without screwing up.

Some of these nations have been inactive for months, no? I don't think they really deserve any notice. If they care to RP in the future, they can always try and make new claims, right?

As for nations that have been active only for a while, shoot them a PM and wait a week. But if all that causes is for them to be active for 1 week, then die off again, was it worth it?

These guidelines aren't meant to be used as a rulebook.

I know that but I fear new nations will come here and read it, assuming it is. I am just afraid of seeing "OMG YOU DIDNT USE XX MULTIPLYER! GOD MODDED WTF WTF"... Oh well, typically when that happens it happens between inexperienced or not so good RPers.

Some of these nations have been inactive for months, no? I don't think they really deserve any notice. If they care to RP in the future, they can always try and make new claims, right?

As for nations that have been active only for a while, shoot them a PM and wait a week. But if all that causes is for them to be active for 1 week, then die off again, was it worth it?

Hm, I can name quite a few inactive nations...

I know that but I fear new nations will come here and read it, assuming it is. I am just afraid of seeing "OMG YOU DIDNT USE XX MULTIPLYER! GOD MODDED WTF WTF"... Oh well, typically when that happens it happens between inexperienced or not so good RPers.

That's one of the main reasons I made this. The two most common soldier/tank multipliers are 1x (which wouldn't really be a multiplier) and 10x, which is more common. I haven't seen a 100x or 50x variant (though I've heard of them in passing), so I listed both and said that if two nations go to war they need to decide on a multiplier beforehand.

However, your point is very valid and I'll make note of that in the first post.

Edited by Sargun

Then do so in the world map thread and have their claims taken from them.

It's unfair to new RPers that want a territory badly only to see it taken by some inactive guy.

From what I see, here's the list of nations that have been inactive for some time:

• Obamamania
  • Stangnation
  • Alagaesia
  • Nightshade
  • Seven Towers
  • Kingdom of Life
  • UDCR
  • Coldcoldwater
  • Bodvaria
  • Ukuzuki
  • The Russian Empire
  • The Dominion of Valentin
  • Jutopia Land

I may be mistaken, but I just havent seen them RP for some time. It's better to PM them first, as suggested.

EDIT: Added Jutopia Land, also.

Edited by JEDCJT

That's your or someone else's call. I'd just wipe them off, if they really care to RP more, they'll come back and see eventually they've been wiped off.

I agree. If they want to come back, they'll complain about being wiped off, after which we can give them their old stuff back.

Edited by Lynneth

I agree. If they want to come back, they'll complain about being wiped off, after which we can give them their old stuff back.

No. That doesn't go down very well, especially if new nations claim the land.

If they're wiped off, they're gone and they can come back later under different land.

No. That doesn't go down very well, especially if new nations claim the land.

If they're wiped off, they're gone and they can come back later under different land.

Yep, that's what I had in mind.

It could also serve as "punishment" for going away for so long without warning. That way if they don't want to lose their claims, they should make sure to announce they are leaving for a while or something.

If your country claimed New Guinea, you keep New Guinea.

As Triyun set you up as Imperial Viceroy of South Korea, you will be in control of both South Korea and New Guinea. You do not need to give either up.

I want some other opinions on this (by that I mean: "gimme ur opinions, gaiz") before there's a definite answer in the first post.

No, he should give one or the other up. It's not fair to the newer RP'ers for him to have both.

Why should I have to RP a loss due to IG alliance politics? It seems unfair to me. And the fact we always try to distance ourselves from what's happening in the IG political world from RPing.

Really I think the time you spend in CNRP and the wars you're in should affect your CNRP status. IG nation, while used for some stats, is completely unfair in some cases. Like say a 12K infra, 3 tech nation starts to RP for the first day. if we go by stats, he should technically be able to bone us in anything we do. Is that fair since technically he's a new nation RP wise?

I like a general guideline, but not when we have to follow it like a rulebook. Alliance politics that affect IG nations shouldn't have to reflect CNRP statistics. What if say the next war has totally balanced sides IG. We all get leveled. Do you we really want to all RP at a 1K infrastructure, 200 tech level? Doubtfully.

So it's fair to RP gains you have ingame, but not losses? Sounds like a double-standard to me. You take the good with the bad. You can't have one and not the other--nations rise and fall.

*shrugs*

True, common sense should work, but sometimes "common sense just ain't all that common," to roughly quote Mark Twain.

Hm, how much time do we give 'inactive' nations before we prune them and strip their claims? A week or so? Or immediately?

Give them two weeks, then PM. If they haven't responded after another week, delete them.

I know there will be people objecting to the time frame I give, but at least it's something concrete. Feel free to say "yay" or "nay."

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

* Obamamania - President Obama - PM'ed

* Stangnation - stangad - PM'ed

* Alagaesia - Thor Gold - PM'ed

* Nightshade - Ash Vottaj - PM'ed

* Seven Towers - Azreal - PM'ed

* Kingdom of Life - King Dafydd - PM'ed

* UDCR - mergerberger - PM'ed

* Coldcoldwater - HipHopHarry - PM'ed

* Bodvaria - Bodvar Jarl - PM'ed

* Ukuzuki - Lardlad - PM'ed

* The Russian Empire - PM'ed

* The Dominion of Valentin - Olaf Eisenberg - PM'ed

* Jutopia Land - Jutopia - PM'ed

* Cybercide - Cybercide - PM'ed

--

This is a notice - All nations who have been inactive in CNRP for some time, have been removed from the map. If you wish to have your claim reinstated, please respond within 48 hours.

Thank you.

Ranather,

CNRP World Map Team

Edited by Ranather