Soldier bug

Vitauts

Note: all soldiers quoted are 'modified' soldiers

I was attacked this morning. I bougth soldiers to my normal level, about 6400 in defense and 800 offense.

I buy more soldiers to about 9000. I deploy 6079 (max allowed 6080). I attack.

I loose both wars. HE DOES NOT ATTACK ME BACK

I then look at my soldiers. About 4500 deployed, ONLY 1 defending.

It looks like the losses were subtracted from the defending soldiers and not from the attacking soldiers.

This is obviously wrong to me.. unless thee is somethin in the mechanics I am missing. If I deploy soldiers and I attack.. the deployed soldiers should die, not the soldiers left behid protecting the nation.

Thanks for you looking in to this,

Vitauts of Vitland

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...Nation_ID=78599

PS: After I notoced that I bougth 1700 soldiers just to have defensive soldiers above 20% of citizens

Edited by Vitauts

Oh Admin! I am but a worm that crawls at your feet, waiting to be squashed and I beg for your mercy!

I think I know what I did. Before attacking I bought soldiers to bring my 'modified soldiers' to about 9000.

Then I went to the deploy screen and it told me the maximum I could deploy was 6080 soldiers.

I took it to mean 'effective soldiers' so I deployed 6079 soldiers (one less).

Does this means that the soldiers you deploy are 'base' soldiers?

You can deploy 100% soldiers?

I will be self-anarchied due to my stupidity? (yea.. well deserved?)

hum.. this also means that I should have won the battle :(

In any event... Thanks admin! I never bought barracks or gerrilla camps, as they were useless, as my happiness would go down on deploying 80% of 'modified' soldiers. Muy understanding is that it is now 80% of base soldiers..and now guerrilla camps and barracks have meaning. I will war again tonight and try to learn you new systems of war.

All hail the almighty Admin!

King Vitauts, face red in shame.

More info.

It seems that the happiness drop still happens with 80% Modified soldiers to citizens, not BASE soldiers to citizens.

I have 9411 working citizens, with 5232 soldiers and (7462) modified soldiers. My base soldiers are only 55.6% of my population.

But if I try to buy 100 soldiers more it says that it will go ver the 80% limit. Now, 80% of 9411 is 7529. So clearly the max soldiers I can deploy is based on the modified soldiers.

I thought this had been changed...

Vitauts, scratching his head in confusion

Edited by Vitauts