A call for more updates in CN:TE

This version of the game has alot of tweaks and adjustments about it to promote faster play. We get some decent starting money, things tend to cost less, we can buy in bigger blocs. But all of these tweaks merely speed nation growth.

I'd like Admin to consider speeding up game play as well. All of us know that server update is the benchmark for how we count time in the game. Update blitzes are the classic tactic in wars and as such most of our activity is centered upon that all important time.

What I'd like to propose is twice daily updates. We can do this with the current number of attacks per 24 hours and offer the second 12 noon update as an alternative to the midnight update. Or we can simply make days in CN:TE 12 hours instead of 24, thereby doubling the amount of attacks, collections and pretty much everything else.

I am sure that there will be a bit of coding involved to make this happen, but after creating the entire game over the past few years, I am sure that you are up to the task. An adjustment like this would make CN:TE truly unique and make it far more accessible to the players who happen to live on the other side of the world. Also it would spread the load on the server to two locations in the day, improving service to everyone involved.

I believe he said at one point thats not going to happen..

however... I see your point

in the first round, was anyone able to break 2k ns?

as there is no aid nation size is on your improvemen choices and collections..

and since avoiding war is impossible, how could someone become a 10k ns nation in 90 days..

I believe he said at one point thats not going to happen..

however... I see your point

in the first round, was anyone able to break 2k ns?

as there is no aid nation size is on your improvemen choices and collections..

and since avoiding war is impossible, how could someone become a 10k ns nation in 90 days..

Yeah, Admin said update isn't changing.

Also, in the last round (most of the players having had two weeks or so), NS for top 50 nations was mid-2000's to mid-3000's, I think. (Dunno about the "first" round, but that's from the short "alpha-test" round that just ended).

Edited by Vhalen

Disagree. The game shouldn't be about who can be online the most. It should be about military or economic choices day by day. It should Not become a burden. It should stay fun. For all 90 days...

I agree with this, therefore I am quoting it.

The solution to the problem is not to have more updates, but More Warslots

As stated the three or four other times this thread was made:

The more updates per day, the more you have to be online in order to succeed. Most people can get online once a day. Not everyone can get online every 12 hours. Not being able to be on at update is annoying, yes. It's not entirely fair for those we legitimately can't. But even every twelve hours, there will be someone who can't get on either, and now they're at an even greater disadvantage than people who can't get on the one.

Added into this the fact that the more updates you add the more often the game requires you to be online and the more you are required to be online A: The faster it gets boring, B: The more likely you are to screw up, miss an update and fall behind (The more often this happens, the more frustrating it gets and the more likely people will drop the game) and C: The more time it is going to consume (And let's face it, most of us are already giving up too much time as it is to this game).

I've played a lot o browser games, and anything that is run with more than a once daily update is much more fun in the short term but gets old real fast.

who says you ought to be?

this game is about having fun with the war system, not really about having fun making your nation be the biggest

and no, I doubt anyone broke the 1k infra barrier, but who cares?

changing the update would completely change the mechanics of the game

lots, if not most of the people would only make it for 1 update, and therefore the people who can stay up due to having timezones exactly right will have an advantage

and plus, can you imagine 2 quads a day? that's just ridiculous

As stated the three or four other times this thread was made:

The more updates per day, the more you have to be online in order to succeed. Most people can get online once a day. Not everyone can get online every 12 hours. Not being able to be on at update is annoying, yes. It's not entirely fair for those we legitimately can't. But even every twelve hours, there will be someone who can't get on either, and now they're at an even greater disadvantage than people who can't get on the one.

Added into this the fact that the more updates you add the more often the game requires you to be online and the more you are required to be online A: The faster it gets boring, B: The more likely you are to screw up, miss an update and fall behind (The more often this happens, the more frustrating it gets and the more likely people will drop the game) and C: The more time it is going to consume (And let's face it, most of us are already giving up too much time as it is to this game).

I've played a lot o browser games, and anything that is run with more than a once daily update is much more fun in the short term but gets old real fast.

Agreed 100% so closing.