Molakia News Network

Comrade

Tsars Suicide Note Found.

Released to Public at his Request

People of Molakia. I have failed you. I have failed Peace. 

For so long I have tried to keep my thoughts in check....to keep the world in check. I failed. I failed you during the Slavorussian War, I failed you during the Nordic War...I failed you in keeping Hansa Safe.

I go now, to my death, knowing I cannot fail you anymore.

I will remove myself from the country. Why should my sweet Anna see my body? Why should anyone? In death, I know the world will have peace.

To the world...do not weep. I failed you all with my actions aswell. Why did I not defend peace, defend Uberstein?

To the world....I am sorry.

PEACE THROUGH POWER!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Molakia Developes First Blue Water Ships!

MNS Nikolai and MNS Romanov christened!

K32_HMS_Helsingborg_Anchored-of-Gotska-Sandoen_cropped.jpg

Molakia today launches its first Blue Water navy ships. When asked about their role, the Tsarina had this to say:

These ships are Corvette Class ships, armed specifically for Providing Anti Ship Support. The Helipad on these ships has been replaced by Special Missile Batteries used for Shore Bombardment and Ship to Ship engagements. We have done this due to our lack of Heavier ships.

When asked what the Class name of these ships is:

These will be the Romanov Class Ships, named after my late husband and his family.

The Romanov and the Nikolai will be launched for combat readiness sometime this week, as tensions rise in the Mediterranean. The Chief of Naval Operations was heard of have said that the Molakian Navy would like to participate in the Blockade of Facist Italy.

Molakia Begins Modernization of Military Forces

Cites Facist Threat in Europe as Catalyst

The Molakian Military Command today released a statement saying that the Military will be Modernizing some of its equipment, starting with its Main Battle Tanks.

"Our Old T72s, while reliable, just cannot compete with the MBTs of other nations. Starting today, the Molakian Military will begin to produce its newest Vehicle, The Molakian T1 Tintagyl Main Battle Tank. In his will, the Late Tsar wished something to be named in honor of his friend Sarah Tintagyl. What better item then a tank to preserve peace?"

Merkava4-pic006.jpg

"The Molakian T1 is a tank built for defense and survival of its crew. Its built so that even if the Tank is taken out, the crew can fight on. Its internal storage allows them to carry light Assualt Rifles and other equipment, along with a full load of Ammo. Molakia has few people, and cannot allow soldiers to die due to inferior designs. It was named after Tintagyl due to this ideal: Peace must be preserved with minimal loss of life."

"The Second Advancement is the Design of our Next varient of the F1 Fighter from the Air Force. We have increased its defenseive abilities, adding more powerful Countermeasures and giving it better Missles, at the expense of some overall Speed."

F-16e_block60.jpg

"Our Final modernization, as of now, is the developement of our Naval Forces. Already, Molakia has two corvettes built, with more ships on the way. These Corvettes, The Romanov Class, are built for Combat. We have removed the standard Helipad on the back of these types of ships and have instead installed Vertical Launch Systems, giving us More Missles to attack and defend with. We are not sure what our next ship type will be, but you will know when we launch it."

K32_HMS_Helsingborg_Anchored-of-Gotska-Sandoen_cropped.jpg

Molakian Arms Goes To War....For Contracts!

Molakia's Military Supplies goes Global

Earlier today, Molakian Arms, The supplier for most of our Armed Force's weapons, made a statement today reguarding weapon sales to other countries:

With the backing of our Royal Family, Molakian Arms is going to take the world by storm. Instead of fielding high tech equipment to nations who cannot repair them at a high cost, MA will provide Reliable, proven weapons and technologies to nations at reasonable cost. In addition, All Molakian Arms weapons are to be sold on the condition that, if they break or the nation is unable to repair them due to lacking the parts or knowhow*, MA will offer deals to replace or fix these weapons at low or no cost.

Cant afford that shiny F22, or worried about if it breaks? Try the Molakian F1 Fighter, Molakia's Plane of the Line, so to speak! We took the Legendary F16 and improved it defense, increasing its Electronic Countermeasures to dodge missles at the expense of some Speed.

F-16e_block60.jpg

Export Version of F1 fighter, Designated F1E

Looking to field an armored group but dont have the money for 4000 parts? How about Molakia's own T72! Rebuilt from the original design, this tank provides extra defensive measures to defeat Anti Tank Weapons and, above all else, keep the crew alive in the event of being disabled!

T-72_Ajeya.jpg

T72 on Deployment in the Molakian Civil War

Looking for the Assualt Rifle that shoots the ammo of the M16 but with the ease of use and reliability of the AK? Then Try the AK101! Its simple design and proven Ammo choice make it one of the best rifles in the world. To top it all off, Molakia will sell any buyers the ammo for this weapon at reduced cost!

RUS_AK-101.jpg

Promotional Shot of the AK101, Molakian Arm's Export Version of the Frontline AK47.

These are just some of the Weapons of War Molakian Arms is offering! Contact your Local Representative for more info!

(OOC* Note- Basically, giving nations with lower Tech a fighting Chance against bigger, Modern Tech Nations. Its not the best stuff, but its reliable.)

Edited by Comrade

• 2 weeks later...

Molakia Brings Troops Home

Cites Krieg Has to many friends.

The General of Molakian Army Forces today stated that all troops deployed to Krieg would return home within the week. "We noticed that several nations would have invaded and destroyed us. We will bide our time to erase fascism from europe." He said.

The Tsarina Green Lighted the troops to come home, sharing the concern of her military leaders.

All troops sent to the Krieg Empire will be home within the week, while all Fighter Planes will have their orders replaced. These Fighters are on standby for if Slavorussia calls in reinforcements.

• 4 weeks later...

Molakia Modernizes Special Forces

Imports Weapons from Various Nations

Earlier Today, Molakian Commander Garrus Vakarian told reporters that, due to request from Military Commanders in the Special Operations Division, The equipment of said forces will be modernized.

"How can we send our best troops into the field with the same weapons as our regulars? Not only that, We are exporting weapons now of the same type!"

Several Arms were shown to be purchased:

M4-Transparent.png

M4 Carbine, Imported from North America. Standard Weapon

mp5_sf.jpg

MP5 Submachine Gun, Close Quarters Weapon, Imported from German States

M24_SWS.jpg

M24 Sniper Rifle, Imported from North America

G3a3.gif

G3A3 Battle Rifle, Imported from German States

All remaining information was deemed classified, althou sources indicate that Molakian SOCOM will be looking into VTOL aircraft for special missions.

Edited by Comrade

• 3 weeks later...

Molakia Enters space!

Launches 3 Satallites into Orbit

Molakia Today entered the Space age. Early this morning, Our nation launched 3 Satalites into orbit around our planet. These will allow us not only Military Advantages, but allow us to map Molakia better for weather and other things and Monitor the Artic for sea ice movement. When asked if This would lead to some sort of Anti-ICBM defense, the Commander of the Molakian Air Force only smiled and nodded.

We have also become aware of Molakia developing Long Range, High Speed Anti Air Missles, possibly used for ICBM intercept.

• 1 month later...

Molakia finishes Construction of Missle Defense

Network of High Speed, High Manuverable Missle Launchers

081205-missileInterceptor-515p.widec.jpg

Land Based Interceptor Test Launch

In conjunction with the Molakian Space Agency, The Molakian Military has finished construction of a special missle network designed to destroy or damage incoming Cruise Missles.

"Its a very simple concept really: A Satallite picks up an incoming Missle, which the interceptor network will track from ground. After a few seconds, a High Speed missle will launch from somewhere in Molakia to destroy it." An officer from the MSA said on the condition of keeping his identity secret. "The chance of hitting the CM dead on is slim, even with the best technology. We hope to be able to divert or damage the missle enough to control the damage."

When asked about a possible SDI network:

"The Interceptors in theory could intercept an ICBM. However, they would have a low risk of completely destroying it. We are working on a specific anti ICBM missle for this program, probably using a smaller ICBM packed with conventional, cluster munitions. This would allow us to destroy the Nuclear Weapon over the water to avoid a potential nuclear attack on a neighboor. However, this is way in the future. For now, our current system should work. Lets pray that we wont have to test it."

The Missle Network will include Ground Based Vehicle Launchers, Small Silos and Sea based weapons.

American Singer Explores Molakia

Shows the Less Known Side of Urban and Rural Molakia

An American Singer today finished up his music video based on the conditions of his local area and Molakia at large.

akon.jpg

"Most of Molakia is fairly well off. However, a good chunk of the population (20-30%) is living in fairly serious poverty." The singer was quoted as saying. When asked "why molakia" he responded that "Molakia is trying to help the world, but it needs to help itself first."

Molakia exits civil unrest

Rebellions in North Crushed, Elections to be held

In a statement from the office of Royal Affairs, Viceroyal Katrina Zykova said that:

We have finally crushed the Nordic Rebellions in the north and have forced the Brotherhood of Mol to surrender. Boris Vladimov is currently in hiding, while the rest of the leadership is under our control. We in the Royal Family believe this civil unrest was caused by one person having sole control of the goverment. I am here to announce that elections for the long vacant position of President will be held soon.

Some of the Political Parties, and their BASIC policies, are:

Molakian Royalist Party

The Molakian Royalist Party believes in near absolute power in the Royal Family, with some options to remove bad monarchs from power. This would be the incumbent party.

Iron Cross Party

The ICP believes in a more Militant, Agressive policy for foreign affairs. They also believe in increased military spending and less spending on welfare.

United Europa Party

This part believes in creating greater ties with Europe as whole by means of a sort of "European Union", headed by Molakia and several other nations. This EU would be similiar to the fictious one found in a book called "Earth: A Different Universe", a fiction book that tells the story of how Bob would be like if certain nations did not exist.

Molakian Nationalist Party

The MNP believes in a Stonger Molakia, in terms of Military Strength and also wants Molakian Culture to be an example to the world. Accused of being Bigots, the MNP is a small but vocal party. Barely allowed by Molakia Law, it is considered the Most right wing party in Molakia, and as a result, the most tolerant to regimes such as Italy's and Carthage.

• 3 weeks later...

Molakian Senate Passes Religion Bill

Requires Tsarina's Signature for Law

Kotka, Molakia- The Molakian senate today has passed a bill making Paganism the official Relgion of the Kingdom. "We feel that, with our population being pagan already, it makes sense to bring it into law." stated one Senator from the North. "It wont change anything really, its a formality. No one will have to convert."

The Leader of the Church of Molakia, the group responsible for most of the religious issues in Kotka, was silent on the issue, citing security. Most of Molakia's christians have fled, fearing "We are living in a nation of the damned!", as one priest stated before boarding a train to Slavorussia.

The law, partially written by a High Priest known only as Raven, also adds some deities to the Molakian Panthenon. "Alot of people are worshipping these people, so it makes sense to officially add them."

The Molakian Pagan Alliance is the Organization that handles all issues relating to Paganism in Molakia, and has released the names of beings added:

Athena, Goddess of War and Patron of Special Forces Soldiers
Ares, God of Bloodlust and Destruction, Patron of the Murderous Damned

In Addition, two people are being worshipped as "Servants of Mol", Mol being the central deity in Molakianism:

Servant of Mol Sarah Tintagyl, Patron of Peace, Justice and Unity
Servant of Mol Nikolai Romanov, Patron of Honor and Warfare

The opposite, Servants of Kiaos:

Slave of Kiaos Antonev Frolov, Patron of Dishonor and the Fallen.
Slave of Kiaos "Kaiser" Martens, Patron of Unjust War, Disunity, The Damned and the Fallen.

Edited by Comrade

• 1 month later...

Molakian Economy on brink of Collapse!

Economist Cite Closure of Gibraltar, General War

The Molakian Economy is in dire straits, reported on Molakian Economist.

"With the closure of Gibraltar and the overall effects of the Naval Conflict, Molakians are running low on basic needs, including fuel. We always knew a power like RA would use their two VITAL supply straits to starve off any nation relying on mediterreanean trade."

Several dozen Molakian politicians, including the Vice President, are preparing to send a letter to Rebel Army to ask them to open Gibraltar to "Local Control, Where no one power can strangle the life from Molakia and other nations. With your ownership of the Suez and Gibraltar, you can threaten many nations with starvation."

When asked if trade was possible with inter med. nations, the VP said:

We could. But Iberia is in war and many of the Med's nations are involved. Trade is near impossible.

When asked if trade was possible with inter med. nations, the VP said:

However, the VP is wrong. The Sarnungian Republic has coastline both in and outside of the Med and has access through the Strait. It would be of little cost to us to donate food, water, supplies, fuel, and medical attention to your population - we just need some numbers and a schedule.

Molakia has enough food and fuel for its apx 3M Population for another week before rationing begins. We were not able to have a good harvest due to our war with finland, so we need food for the next few weeks until our next harvest (Molakian Farming is a oddity...). As for fuel, we need to replace our contracts for shipment until the end of war.

• 1 month later...

[b][size="5"]Molakia Bar Travel from Tahoe[/size]
Molakian Homeland Security: Religious Extremeism very real threat[/b]

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/uT-ssIGi2WKNv7RE5KR4LndyIU74Zvt787Logf0oe5FKfM-9pw6nrtgVs9BYCsQxJ1fe0LZUFmhQTDbiXZysUI6Cz8tp7-rk/homeland_security.jpg[/img]
[i]Molakian Homeland Security Agent outside of "The Citadel" [/i]

[b]New Kotka, Molakia- [/b] Molakian Homeland Security officials today enacted a ban to stop immigration and travel from Tahoe. "Tahoe has long been a hotbed of Polictical and Religious intolerance. With the rise of the Catholic Church in Brisbane, and Tahoe's links to the religion, we must bar travel from this nation to protect ourselves from any issues."

When pressed on why travel from Italy or the Queendom is not banned, The MHS official was quoted:

[quote]The Queendom has a history of peaceful resolution of problems. We respect Lady Tintagyl to act as the shining example of how to act, and we damn well hope the Queendom's goverment is smart enough to keep extremeist away. As for Italy, we live too close to them to bar travel. Many Molakians head to Italy for the weekends, have homes in Italy, Families, etc. Barring travel would hurt our economy, and also sour relations with a close nation. We have no such friendly or historic ties to Tahoe, and will close our borders to them.[/quote]

He further added: "We care not for the opinions of the world on this matter. Who are they to judge our Homeland Security policies?"

Security was increased in the Christian Quarter of New Kotka, including around the site of the Citadel.

[b][size="6"]Molakia Opens Borders to Dragon Cult[/size]
Cites Religious Tolerance Laws[/b]

Earlier Today, Molakian Homeland Security released a statement declaring that members of the "Dragon Cult" Will be allowed to apply for Asylum in Molakia.

"I dislike Christianity. Ill admit it. But they are allowed to shout their beliefs around town just as much as a Molakianist or Muslim can." Said one member of the the Presidents Cabinent. The President himself had no comment, mentioning that "My word is the peoples word. If they want this, they get it."

In other news, 4 More Christian Priest were reported missing in Northern Kotka. Police suspect all the cases are related. So far, 8 priest have gone missing.