Molakia News Network

Comrade

The Siberian Federation has planted operatives into Molokia. We are strictly on anti-WAF mission. These men/women are disguised and are in undisclosed numbers. They may have civilian jobs or military jobs.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Molakia would have liked some warning, but Anti-WAF operatives are nice. We have removed all traces of the WAF from our island, and due to our new entry rules and isolation we doubt anymore will come in.

Neo Japan, you have no reason to fear us getting chemical weapons. They are for self defense only. If you wish you can send a representative to tour our storage areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Molakia to hold plebecite on elections

President Romanov passes deadline on return, elections to be held?

Earlier today, Interim President Robert Barr sent out the call that Elections will be held in Molakia to determine the presidency.

"With Mr. Romanov, Comrade to everyone else, being held hostage, Molakia needs a leader it can trust. Who trust interim goverments? No one. Under Article something of Section XYZ, I declare a plebecite to be held on if and when elections are to be held." said Mr Barr, from Armenia.

If elections are to be held, these are the supposed Nominee's:

Interim President Robert Barr

Senate Leader Mob Barely

General Nikanor "LC" Romanov

Edited by Comrade

Robert Barr Condems Genocide

States "Some nations cannot abide with other ideas"

Earlier today, after returning from a trip to Armenia, Robert Barr made the following statement:

Greetings Molakia. Earlier today, on my way back from Armenia, I was made aware of a Nationalist Conference being held somewhere in North America. While I can see why they wouldnt like communism, thats their opinion, they do not do the right thing. Instead of simply negotiating, have stronger parties or anything of the sort, the head straight for Genocide. They are no better then Stalin himself it seems.

Maybe if these nations held elections once in awhile and were not so harsh in control, the people wouldn't want to follow communism? Problem Solved!

• 4 months later...

Molakia Refounded!!!!!!

Updates to Location and other assorted Information in Database

nmflag1fn6.png

Earlier this day, Molakia was granted a gift of untold preportions: Land! Land in Europe! Currently, Molakians are getting back to the New Homeland, so no goverment officials or any other news as of yet. Currently, the Remnants of a long thought dead Battalion are coordinating moving efforts. Antonev Frolov and Nikonor Romanov are the leaders, both of which are still listed as MIA/AWOL on Molakia's Military Registry.

Molakian Relocation Nearing Completion

Final Ships and troop transports nearing Kotka Naval Base

In perhaps one of the largest movements of men and women in modern history, the country of Molakia has almost finished bringing its people from one side of the world to the other. I asked Commander Romanov, leader of this operation, for his opinion before he left for personal reasons in Helsinki:

It is a momentous day in Molakian history. No longer do we sit under the opressive yolk of our islands. NAY! We move foward and rejoin our European brothers and sisters! We hope one day to bring freedom and equality to all peoples of the world, but for now we will settle with the task before us now!

News has reached us of the tentative plan for Molakia:

-Official Molakian Homecoming Ceremony

-Announcement of Interim Goverment

-Election Candidates

-Election to be held ASAP

-Christening of Molakian Coast Guard Boats.

-Establishment of Molakian Flag, Motto,etc.

-Signing of any MDP, Alliances, etc

We the members of the Molakian News Network only hope for a stronger Molakia, a United Europa, and a free world. URA!

Molakia Election Candidates Announced

Election to be held within 1 Week

The Molakian Interim Goverment has announced the Candiates for the next Molakian Election:

Commander Nikonor Romanov

tk.jpg

The brother of our much loved President Romanov (Currently Listed as Missing somewhere in the Fmr Uberstein) has decided to run for office. He believes in a strong goverment that protects its people. He also believes in the establishment of International Laws. As a military man, he recognizes the horror that is war, and believes peacekeeping and protection should be high on military doctrines. His social policies are moderate-left, believing in Civil Rights for all, All political parties allowed. His one "fault" as most point out is his somewhat harsh attitude on Religious Affairs.

General Antonev Frolov

Vladimir_Lenin_by_Adrian87.jpg

General of the Molakian Armed Forces, his policies are more militant. He believes in Equal rights aswell, but wants stronger military with the ability to project power globally. He is also in favor of creating a Unified European Military and Command, to prevent invasion from other regions. A native Russian, he also calls for strong bonds between the RUSSIAN protectorate. His governing abilities are suspect, but his military experience means less paper and more action.

Interim Vice President Mob Barely

BobMarley.jpg

Former Senate Leader and Fmr Vice President under Robert Barr, Mob Barely is a unknown. His policies in the Senate were similiar to Commander Romanov's, but he favors a more isolationist path for molakia. His experience in the Senate during the Imperial Wellington Crisis* was that Molakia should keep to itself. He is a very calm person, and also religious. He wishes for a National Religion to be named in Molakia.

(OOC NOTE*- When IW wanted my head in a bag, after i angered him somehow.)

Edited by Comrade

ROMANOV WINS LANDSLIDE VICTORY!

69% of the Vote goes to the Nordland Wars and Hanseatic Crisis Vet!

Fcad2.jpg

Picture of the General soon after his win was announced

It is a glorious day for Molakia! We Finally have a leader! Nikonor Romanov, Fmr Commander of Molakian Armed Forces Nordland has been elected President of Molakia! It is truely a day of glory for Democracy! We now have this statement from the President:

Ladies and gentlemen. As you all know, I have just been elected President of Molakia. I am honored that the people choose me over the other men. We have much work to do. Our economy is weak, our foreign reputation non-existent. I hope to amend this. As my first act as President, I hereby name the following me to their post.

Antonev Frolov- Commander of All Molakian Ground and Air forces.

Mob Barely- Vice President of Molakia

Robert Barr- Sec. of State

Also, i hope to have some plebicites for policy. What is that? It is a public vote that allows the PEOPLE to direct policy. The first shall be held soon. It was chosen by the people themselves, so i have no idea what it is about.

Finally, A notice to the nations of the World. Molakia is willing to fight for Freedom of Speech, Religion, Politics and other. Enemies of the Free World be aware!

Edited by Comrade

Plebicite PASSES!

Romanov to be preasented Crown at later date.

Its no suprise here! President...rather, TSAR Romanov has been....well kinged! It is absolute pandamonium in the news room! The people have spoken! LONG REIGN THE TSAR OF MOLAKIA!

george_clooney_35.sized.jpg

Tsar Romanov shortly before he was informed of the outcome of the polls.

We ask all nations under Monarch to please assist us (OOC Note- Help me figure out how to crown someone) in getting our Man crowned properly. Rebel Virginia need not apply. With the crowning, Our leader has already selected his Regal name and titles:

Tsar Nikolai Alexandrovich Romanov II, of Russia, Ruler of the Kingdom of Molakia

Molakian Armed Forces to DEFCON 3

Rising Tensions in Europa!

20050308-russian-army.jpg

His Majesty Tsar Nikolai Romanov has ordered the MAF to raise its DEFCON status to 3.

"With the Dutch getting all warlike, and their allies those dang Francoist backing them, Europa could be heading into another conflict. I cannot, in good conscience, allow the Molakian People to suffer if a sneak attack happens. As of now, all Molakian Forces are put on D3 until further notice." sayed the still not offically crowned Tsar.

Molakia Prepares for Nuclear Winter

Intense Radiation and Blizzards expected.

Ladies and Gentlement, His Royal Majesty Nikolai Romanov:

My Fellow Molakians. It is another Dark day in our history. As you all know, Helsinki has been destroyed by the Germans. I am at a loss for words. The world has gone insane. The Goverment of the Hanseatic League has been moved to Australia, while the people are also prepping for a Mass Exodus. Molakia will offer little help. The actions of Hansa have by proxy doomed Molakia. Our food supplies will be safe, as we have contingency plans in place. But...it will be tough. As of now the Armed Forces of Molakia are on standby. I am also activating the draft* and locking down our borders. I am going to try and speak with Tintagyl in person about this situation. I have, by Royal Decree, named Mob Barely as Vice Royal, and he shall lead the nation in my leave.

Be strong my children. We will prevail. In an important side note, the Molakian Coast Guard is now stationed in an undisclosed location to prevent their sabotage and destruction. Both Ice Breakers are being refitted for Classified Duties. Supplies of Radiation Medicine are being produced and shipped at the goverments expense to you all.

In a more somber tune, Molakia has found out that most of the Nordland Brigade that was sent to hansa was killed. Antonev Frolov and 3 fireteams are all thats left. We morn their loss and will avenge them.

Good night my people, and good luck.

(OOC*= Im bringing my troop levels to max. Makes RP sense that if the worlds gone to hell, i should be drafting at this point)

• 3 weeks later...

Molakian Senate takes temporary power.

Tsar Romanov in combat zone, cannot respond to crisis.

The Molakia Senate today has assumed power temporarily to avoid a power issue from arising in the land. Tsar Romanov is currently in combat opertaions in the former lands of the Hanseatic League. The first thing they did is release these statements:

To the Mariehamm Arms Company

We the people of the Molakian Senate wish to apologize for our leaders actions. You must understand that he is under alot of stress lately, and the fact that Uberstein captured our former leader, who is still MIA, and forced him into gladiator combat. While we do not full trust you, we are happy to see that you seperate yourselves from the wretched nation that was Uberstein. We wish to open diplomatic relations to your country as soon as you can.

Molakia also wishes to discuss modernizing our armies, as we lack the technology production to produce alot of modern equipment.

To the Scandinavian Union

We wish to reapply at a time where our nation has mended the broken fences that got us removed from the Union before.

Edited by Comrade

ALEXEI ROMANOV TAKES OVER

Tsar Romanov is Taken Back to Kotka for "Rest"

My Lord! ALEXEI IS BACK!

Ladies and Gentlemen, It has been comfirmed that Alexei Romanov, Our dear leader from long ago, Has just taken over the goverment from Our Tsar! In a short statement, Alex noted that "Nikolai needs some time to rest from all the Psychological Damage caused by stress. As such, with the Authority of the Senate and the Constitution of Molakia, I take over as Head of State in till such time that Nikolai is back on his feet."

Already, Kotka is exploding with excitement as Alexei finishes a Trip in the North!

• 2 weeks later...

Molakian Military Goes to Defcon 3...Again.

Tahoe threatens European Sovereignty

Russian_army_soldier_002.jpg

Molakian APC on standby somewhere outside Kotka.

Earlier today, Molakian President Alexei Romanov ordered the Military of Molakia to "prepare to defend mother europe from American agression".

"Today Molakia makes it clear: Europe is not a playground for Asia, America or any other continent. European Affairs should not be dictated by some shmatta from America! Molakia will defend mother Europe, by any means necessary, to insure European Sovereignty. I ask all European nations to join Molakia in making Europe strong and free!"

Tsar Returns!

Senate brings Nikolai Back to Rule!

Today, The Molakian Senate has agreed to allow to Nikolai Romanov, Tsar of our Lands, to return to duty as head of state for Molakia. No one was avalible to comment from the senate hearing, as many of them rushed to Kotka Airport for an unknown Trip.

In related News, Alexei Romanov and Mob Barely have become President and VP respectivly, as The Molakian Line of Succession is re-established.

Molakia Announces Intent to Pursue Nuclear Weapons

"Developement has already begun, Currently Fixing Bugs" notes one tech.

Nagasakibomb.jpg

Image of The Helsinki Nuclear Weapon

In a stunning news alert, President of Molakia Alexei Romanov released a statement mentioning Molakia is close to getting Atomic Weapons.

"We feel, in this era, that nuclear weapons are the only means of keeping our lands safe. With many imperialist powers around us, we feel that it is only fair to level the playing field." Alexei stated in a press conferance earlier this week.

In response to any nearby nations who feel threatened, he said this:

"We do not wish our neighboors, the Mariehamm Arms Company, ADI or Nordheim to feel threatened. We actually hope they support us, as we hope to make the region as a whole stronger, reguardless of our status in the SU."

The president, however, also commented that "The actual first test of a bomb will not happen for some time. Currently, Molakia faces a capital shortage. When we do test, We will inform the world, and coordinate with our neighboors to make sure no excess radiation enters their lands."

(OOC: This is too RP my developement of my Manhattan Project. I wont be able to buy it for some time, but when I do Id rather not have a 'POOF A-BOMB' moment.)

• 2 weeks later...

Tsar Nikolai Finally Marries Anna Ivanova!

Celebrations abound in Kotka!

It has come to the attention of MNN that our Tsar finally has a bride! After so many rumors, we can say that we now have a Tsar and Tsarina! We here in MNN Studios AND Molakia as a nation offer only the best for our Royal Family! We cannot wait to see the heir!

In more official news, The Tsar and Tsarina are both granted the same powers, save that one must agree with the other, should they both choose to speak on an issue.

Molakia Announces Test for Nuclear Device within the next few weeks.

Looking for testing locations

In a statement released by the Leading generals and scientist of Molakia, we have come to know that Molakia is seeking a location to test fire its first Nuclear Weapon. The Size and Magnitude are unknown, but rest assure that our Goverment will avoid detonating the weapon near other nations.

"We have seen and lived throught the effects of nuclear war. We do not want other nations to be harmed by our test. We ask any nation of the world who has land in isolated areas to please contact us about testing this device."

Molakia Creates New Fighter

Based off F-16 Fighting Falcon

F-16_Fighting_Falcon.jpg

Molakian F1 Tactical Bomber

Earlier today, Molakia announced the creation of Molakia's First Jet Fighter, and it is a massive leap forward. Based off the F-16 Fighting Falcon, the Molakian F1 boast superb defensive abilities, such as....

-Smaller, more effect flares, allowing the Fighter to carry more.

-Lighter Materials used in construction, allowing for More Manuverability

-Chaff Launcher, used to misdirect Radar guided munitions

-Advanced Radar, used to detect incoming fighters, missles.

-Special Microphones used in Conjunction with Radar to detect Missles and AA Guns via sound.

Molakia Has Purchased 4 Squadrons worth of Planes (Apx. 48 Planes) to fufill the General Defense Roll of Molakia. The F2 also maintains the F16's multi-role ability to carry ATG/ATA missles. The nickname for the fighter has yet to be created. If any nation has a logical one, we will consider them. The Winning nation will receive a special version of the F1, painted in their nations colors.

Vital Statistics of the F1:

Performance

Maximum speed:

At sea level: Mach 1.2 (915 mph, 1,470 km/h)

At altitude: Mach 2+ (1,500 mph, 2,414 km/h)

Combat radius: 340 mi (295 nm, 550 km)

Armament

Guns: 1× 20 mm (0.787 in) M61 Vulcan gatling gun, 515 rounds

Hardpoints: 2× wing-tip Air-to-air missile launch rails, 6× under-wing & 3× under-fuselage pylon stations holding up to 20,450 lb (9,276 kg) of payload

Rockets:

4× LAU-61/LAU-68 rocket pods (each with 19× /7× Hydra 70 mm rockets, respectively) or

4× LAU-5003 rocket pods (each with 19× CRV7 70 mm rockets) or

4× LAU-10 rocket pods (each with 4× Zuni 127 mm rockets)

Missiles:

Air-to-air missiles:

2× AIM-7 Sparrow or

6× AIM-9 Sidewinder or

6× IRIS-T or

6× AIM-120 AMRAAM or

6× Python-4

Air-to-ground missiles:

6× AGM-45 Shrike or

6× AGM-65 Maverick or

4× AGM-88 HARM

Anti-ship missiles:

2× AGM-84 Harpoon or

4× AGM-119 Penguin

Bombs:

2× CBU-87 Combined Effects Munition

2× CBU-89 Gator mine

2× CBU-97 Sensor Fuzed Weapon

Wind Corrected Munitions Dispenser capable

4× GBU-10 Paveway II

6× GBU-12 Paveway II

6× Paveway-series laser-guided bombs

4× JDAM

4× Mark 84 general-purpose bombs

8× Mark 83 GP bombs

12× Mark 82 GP bombs

B61 nuclear bomb

Others:

SUU-42A/A Flares/Infrared decoys dispenser pod and chaff pod or

AN/ALQ-131 & AN/ALQ-184 ECM pods or

LANTIRN, Lockheed Martin Sniper XR & LITENING targeting pods or

up to 3× 300/330/370 US gallon Sargent Fletcher drop tanks for ferry flight or extended range/loitering time.

(OOC: All Vital Stats taken from Wikipedia)

Edited by Comrade

• 1 month later...

Antonev Frolov Assassinated!!!!

Killed while on last day before Legal Execution!

028FidelCastroMOS_468x459.jpg

Antonev Frolov shortly after being assigned to Molakian Armed Forces Command

Last Night, Antonev Frolov, former General of the Molakian Armed Forces and Convicted Rebel, was killed. While approaching the Pub around the corner from the Imperial Residence, Frolov was accosted and stabbed several times by a hooded man. By the time the police came around, the Man was gone and Frolov was dead.

The Molakian Security Services are now searching for the Assassin, bringing him in for questioning on how he knew where Frolov was. When asked for Comment, The Tsarina only smiled and walked away.

• 4 weeks later...

Tsar is Missing!!!

Last Seen exiting Palace, then jumping a fence!

george-clooney.jpg

Tsar Shortly before his disappearence.

We at MNN have just received word that, as of a few hours ago, The Tsar Has gone missing. When pressed on why he has been considered so after a short time, The Tsarina had this to say"

He never leaves me alone without telling me what he is doing! He...He just went for a walk...Excuse me...

Brotherhood of Mol Agents and Molakian Royal Guards are attempting to find him shortly. However, should he not be found, Anna Ivanova-Romanov, The Tsarina, would take sole ownership of the Throne. She would then, in a few months, need to name an heir.