Great university

Antartica North

I just purchased the great university, and after reading here;

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...reat+university

...I assumed it would give me between 5.6 and 6 happiness, for my 3008 tech.

However upon buying the wonder I noticed that it instead gave a 5.32 happiness increase.

I've no idea if its a bug, or I've managed to interpret the about_topics incorrectly, but eitherway I thought best to mention.

Before GU:

Population Happiness:	 59.38
Population Per Mile:	23.16 Population Per Mile. 
Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day:	$17.21  (A weak economy)
Avg. Individual Income Taxes Paid Per Day	$5.16
Avg. Net Daily Population Income (After Taxes)	$12.05

After GU:

Population Happiness:	 64.70 
Population Per Mile:	23.16 Population Per Mile. 
Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day:	$18.41  (A weak economy)
Avg. Individual Income Taxes Paid Per Day	$5.53
Avg. Net Daily Population Income (After Taxes)	$12.88

64.70 - 59.38 = 5.32 [What I actually got]

...(3008 - 200) * .2 = 561.6 (5.6) [What I think I should be getting]

The 5.6 is what I garnered from the thread. (my math does it like this; if its 2 happiness per 1000, then its 0.4 happiness per 200. 2800/200 = 14... 14 * 0.4 = 5.6).

-AN

You're not factoring environment. 1 happiness does not equal 1 happiness in-game any longer because of environment. If you were to, say, destroy a church, you wouldn't lose a full happiness. But when rebuying it, you wouldn't regain a full happiness either.

^^ That: the Environment removes a percentage of your total happiness. Because the GRL is currently maxed out, most nations have 6.00 or worse Environment which means you lose a noticable amount of % pop and % happiness.

If, in your case the GU should bring 5.6 (which is correct), but you only get 5.32, the factor is exactly 0.95 (or 95%) - which means you have a 5% penalty for your overall national happiness. So, I assume your Env is currently 6.00 - right? :)

Ah I see :), yes my environment is @ 6 :)

I wish there was more information available on the overall effects of Environment!

Am I right in assuming that this percentage effects all my happiness modifiers but not my base happiness?

For example lets say my base happiness (happy b4 resources, wonders, etc) was 30 - would it still be 30 atm? If I bought a +10 happiness wonder, would I only actually get 9.5 at the moment too?

Thank you both :)

-AN

There is no such thing as a "Base Happiness". At least not to my knowledge. That being said, bad environment reduces your TOTAL happiness by a percentage, no matter how you got this happiness.

That is the reason why the statement: "1 Happiness = $2" is not true any more (it was in the past). +$$ modifiers are not affected by Environment, Happiness is, so actually a +$4 modifier is BETTER than a +2 happiness modifyer.

And yes, a +10 happiness modification (via 2 wonders for example) brings only +9.5 currently because of your environment level. For other nations, depending on their setups, this could be different.

Edited by (DAC)Syzygy

...yeah, thats what I said. I _should_ be getting 5.6, but I'm not... I'm getting 5.32. I have 3008 tech, so I think I am right in assuming that I'd get 5.6 happiness at me level, and 6 happiness at 3200.

2800 is the maxium.

increases population happiness +.2% (+2 for every 1000) of your nation's technology level over 200 up to 3,000 tech.