Green Peace Event

Lord Brendan

Green Peace activists within your nation are calling on the government to create a national Earth Day holiday. They claim that this holiday will serve to remind our citizens to appreciate their environment.

Option 1: Create the national Earth Day holiday to remind our citizens to protect the environment. 1 point of improvement to environment.

Option 2: Ignore these protestors and hold a speech to remind our citizens that work must come first before concerns over the environment. Citizen income +$2.00.

The best environment one can have without events is 1.00 + GRL. My question is, does this event allow you to lower the effects of global radiation or will it have no effect if I choose option 1?

No, it will have no bearing on the GRL. It only affects your environment. GRL is completely separate from your environment. It could have an effect however in that it could allow you to remove a border wall without changing your environment. You'd have to do the math to see whether the resulting increase in citizens would produce more income or the lower citizen count with +2 happiness along with the $2 from option 2.

I think the question was if events could lower your environment below GRL + 1. That is, if you have a perfect environment now (GRL + 1, 6.0) and choose option 1 will your environment be 5.0 or still 6.0. Indeed the subsequent removal of a border wall may be beneficial but that isn't what the OP is asking.