Sanctions Inconsistency

George The Wild

I am currently sanctioned on the green team. However, when i try and send aid to a team other than the green team I get this message:

Either yourself or the nation in question has foreign aid sanctions placed against it by one of your teams. You may not offer foreign aid at this time.

I tried both the orange and the purple team where I am not on any sanctions list.

The message I got when I was sanctioned clearly indicates that the only team I'm restricted from aiding is the green team. This contradicts the actuality that the game won't let me send aid to teams I am not sanctioned on.

Subject: Sanctions!

Message: Trade and Foreign Aid sanctions have been setup against your nation by AppleMonster of the Green team. You will no longer be allowed to trade or send/receive foreign aid with members of the Green team while these sanctions are active and all existing trades with the Green team have been canceled.

I then looked at the information index which appears to be consistent with the message I received when I was sanctioned.

Sanctions - Sanctions can be placed against trade agreements, foreign aid offers, or both and are managed by the top 3 elected officials of each team. Trade sanctions prevent any member of the sanctioning team from trading with the sanctioned nation. Once a trade sanction is created all existing trades between the sanctioned nation and the sanctioning team will be automatically canceled. Foreign aid sanctions work the same way however existing foreign aid agreements will not be automatically canceled but any new foreign aid offers will be blocked. Sanctioned nations will be sent a private message when a new sanction is placed against their nation as well as when and if those sanctions are removed.

Based upon the information in the automatically generated message I received and the information in the information index, I should be able to send aid to nations that are not on the team I am sanctioned on. However, this is not the case. This inconsistency either needs to be fixed or clarified to represent the reality of the situation.

In advance, I'd like to thank admin and the mods for taking the time to look into this issue.

The feature is working as intended. A sanction is in place against you by the green team and since you are on the green team that prevents you from trading or aiding with anyone. You can avoid this by conducting secret trades before the sanction is put in place or by switching to a team that you are not sanctioned on. I have updated the description on this in-game.

You can avoid this by conducting secret trades before the sanction is put in place or by switching to a team that you are not sanctioned on. I have updated the description on this in-game.

So you can't conduct secret trades after being sanctioned?

Edited by Lord Brendan