I have no idea which Alliance to join...

wong

Hi all,

I've just joined the game for few days and I've flooded with dozen of mails regarding joining their alliance and I have absolutely no idea which Alliance to join.

1. Can I join more than one Alliance? If I join more than one Alliance, would I be under attack?

2. How many Alliance are actually there?

3. How do you define if the Alliance that you joined actually helps you in building your country?

4. Can I withdraw from an Alliance at any time?

Thanks!!

1) No

2) Unknown

3) They give you money and tell you how to play smarter

4) Yes.

Really, lurk around, pm some of the higher sized nation in alliance you like the sound of, jump on IRC and see who they feel, and really, join the one you like.

Hi all,

I've just joined the game for few days and I've flooded with dozen of mails regarding joining their alliance and I have absolutely no idea which Alliance to join.

1. Can I join more than one Alliance? If I join more than one Alliance, would I be under attack?

2. How many Alliance are actually there?

3. How do you define if the Alliance that you joined actually helps you in building your country?

4. Can I withdraw from an Alliance at any time?

Ah! Somebody posted while i was typing up mine!

Thanks!!

1. No.

2. More than I care to count.

3. If they send you aid, monetarily or militarily.

4. Depends on the alliance.

I wouldn't try to join any alliance right now. There's a LOT of wars going on and you won't get much aid, plus you'll be expected to participate.

Edited by LynnCreed

1) No

2) Unknown

3) They give you money and tell you how to play smarter

4) Yes.

Really, lurk around, pm some of the higher sized nation in alliance you like the sound of, jump on IRC and see who they feel, and really, join the one you like.

What's IRC? :blush:

What's IRC? :blush:

its a form of instant messanger service. TO use it you either need mIRC or Chatzilla (the main programs used) installed.

http://www.mirc.com/

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16 <--That ones a firefox add on, so only works with firefox. However, I find it easier to use than mIRC

Most alliances have channels on coldfront, and if you do a google search I'm sure you can find some instructions on how to use the various programs (their own guides aren't too good in my experiance)

If you want to find an alliances IRC channel, look in this thread

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=18085

Some additional advice;

1. Don't join the Federation of Armed Nations (FAN). People will tell you to as a joke as FAN are condemmed to death by the games most powerful alliance NPO.

2. Decide what you want in an alliance. Small alliances allow you to rise quicker in internal politics, but may not be able to provide as much aid. If you join a large alliance, you can expect tougher competition for top jobs, but will recive more financial support. Alliances also vary from dictatorship to forms of democracy, and have differing ideals, from hanging out having a good time to fanatical military themed alliances.

3. When you join an alliance listen and learn for the first week. Jumping strait in shouting makes you unopular.

I suggest you join either a rather 'neutral' alliance for now, there you can watch the game for some time until you know what to do.

Or you try the CTC (Citadel Trading Company), there you will grow quickly since they make sure to teach you how to do business and and provide the starting funds for it and explain you how to build a nation efficiently. In addition you are protected from unwarranted aggression and have no obligations to fight for anyone if you don't want.

If you don't want to join an alliance (for whatever reason) I'd suggest you move to the colour Red (in the game). That was nobody will attack you without a reason.

For your information: nobody will attack you if you are on the Red Team because the Red Colour Sphere is protected by the New Pacific Order, the best alliance in the game.