Something on events

Magicman657

Has anyone noticed that the events are kind bad right now? Suppose you have an event. It's a bad one. And the chance of getting a good one to balance it out (or any event at all) is lower. Suppose you manage to get another event. And it's also a bad one. The percentage of getting any event at all keeps going down meaning you're more likely to keep just those bad events for a while and not have any more to try to balance them. I know this works both ways, but it doesn't matter as much if they're not killing your income (because less income can bill lock you, more doesn't do anything of that sort).

Three bad events over two days is the worst you can do, and if that bill locks you in twelve days then your nation, as already said, cannot be set up properly.

That may be true of an established nation, but for a new nation just starting out, 3 bad events over two days can cripple them and depending on the severity, possibility bill-lock them. And it's rare for them to have a properly setup nation in a day of two of starting as trades usually take time. They have no idea of the proper government/religion when they start and have to wait to select the right ones if they guessed wrong. It could seriously discourage a new player if they were to get 3 bad events over 2 days. The general problem with the events is the options for them adversity affect the new and small nations far more than they do any larger nation. A -$5 income event hitting a new nation whose citizens make $30 a day is losing 16.67% and a nation with citizens making $300 a day only loses 1.667%. Events should be using percentages so all nations are affected equally. Us larger nations have a tendency to forget how things may affect nations not our own size. We see things from our perspective; we see it as nothing more than a inconvenience and transfer that perspective to any other nation. You wouldn't be saying what you said if it were possible for a large nation to lose 16.67% of their income with one bad event.

Edited by Count Rupert

I suppose a possible solution to the bad events for new nations problem would be to give new nations a 30-day period where they will not recieve any events at all, Once a month has passed they will most likely be in a alliance and have their nations set up propertly, And I can agree with the OP on events. I have had 3 bad events running for quite some time now, and only now are they starting to die down. As far as I recall, I have yet to recieve a positive event since Admin re-instated events into CN.