Cyber Nations Alliance Statistics Depot

Unspeakable Evil

You know, the Sanction Race is essentially covered in the Rankings by Score chart (second from the top every day). Just look at who is highlighted in Green, those are the 12 alliances who would be sanctioned were it to happen today.

The graphs are more difficult to read when you're trying to tell where the alliances are in respect to each other. You can get an idea, but it's nice to have numbers. :D Of course, I'd have no objection if you provided some. :wub:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The graphs are more difficult to read when you're trying to tell where the alliances are in respect to each other. You can get an idea, but it's nice to have numbers. :D Of course, I'd have no objection if you provided some. :wub:
The yearning for commentary I get (no time for that most days anymore), but I'm not sure I grok this critique. If you read only columns one and two of the Score Rankings looking at who is green, you see who would get sanctioned as of today in order from biggest and baddest on down. I'm not opposed to more stats threads, but duplication of effort offends the engineer in me. What I'm getting at is, how might I improve that chart if you find it lacking?

Edit: Now that I think about it, the chart is nothing BUT numbers.

Edited by Unspeakable Evil

The yearning for commentary I get (no time for that most days anymore), but I'm not sure I grok this critique. If you read only columns one and two of the Score Rankings looking at who is green, you see who would get sanctioned as of today in order from biggest and baddest on down. I'm not opposed to more stats threads, but duplication of effort offends the engineer in me. What I'm getting at is, how might I improve that chart if you find it lacking?

Edit: Now that I think about it, the chart is nothing BUT numbers.

What I meant was that I personally like to see numbers, rather than lines. It gives me a better idea of where things stand, especially when the graphs have to be split because of how many lines there are.

Your work is really useful and impressive, don't get me wrong. :)

EDIT: Oh, I see what you're saying. I skipped the charts, I'm not sure why. I apologize, I can't believe I didn't see them at all.

Edited by geneclar

Updated 2007-09-05.

I guess some people have way too much time up their hands. I thought I was sad when I used to make one graph for my alliance. But yikes! Oh wall thanks for doing it.

Everyone who thinks I should continue to waste my time, please declare war on amiles here. Thanks. :nuke:

He said on the IF forums (just before they got shut-off) that doing this only takes him like 30-minutes or so a day.

About 20 minutes today, from start to now.

Wonderfully useful, thank you! It's data-tacular. :wub:

Anytime.

OOC: Thank you your your time and effort, these are a great way to look at CN differently. I'm glad we have someone with your abilities to be able to provide this!

ALSO,

you have not shown the non-aligned stats? With the potentially largest group, it would interesting to see these also!

You have not shown the non-aligned stats? With the potentially largest group, it would interesting to see these also!

Unaligned to whom? My goal is to try and hit the biggest X alliances (where X is currently 57). There may well be 100M NS outside of these alliances*, but it isn't really feasible to harvest the data for 1,000 2-10 man alliances to get it.

----

* No, there isn't. There are 15,345 nations in the alliances I tracked today weighing in at 173,117,876 NS. According to the World Demographics page there are 31,421 nations on Bob. The nations (in general) outside of the top 57 are very likely much weaker. If you don't believe me, ask \m/ why they complain about there not being enough tech raid targets in their range. If there were 10 member nobody alliances with Gramlins-style average strength, they'd have been harvested months ago.

Updated 2007-09-06.

Who is keeping track of the Power Bloc's?

Not I. I probably track everyone in WUT/UJP and what used to be GUARD. As far as I know, the other power blocs are kind of not big enough for me to really care about enough to track their constituent alliances.

Not that it matters overall, I suppose, but GOD's color is listed as red, when we really increased according to the numbers. Threw me in a fit for a second looking for a deserter, lol

I'm going to assume you are talking about GOD being red on the rankings by nation strength. That's because their growth was below average (2.43% from last Thursday) is below the average growth (2.87%). If that isn't what you meant, please clarify. I'm helpful like that.

Updated 2007-09-08.

Well... on the IF forums, you said to let you know when RnR hits 1 mill, well, we did it last night:

http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance...sp?Alliance=RnR

I've been tracking since the last RnR guy pointed out you were around 950k or so. Monday or Tuesday you should start showing up on the rankings.