Tournament Edition Bugs & Suggestions

This is annoying.

Your nation is too new to declare war at this time. Your soldiers need time to train and your economy needs time to adjust to your new government. You may officially begin declaring war on 8/1/2008.

We all know how to fight.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think improvement prices should be decreased by a factor of between 3 and 6, while their citizen count requirement should be halved so you can build them up faster.

I also think all the collectable tax ammount should be increased (somewhere between 2 - 4 times bigger), as for wonders, reducing the time between how often you can buy them is ok but i think their prices should be lowered too (same as improvements, somewhere between 3-6 times lower)

The 200k harbor is now 100k so the 5 times lower is really take off a zero.

20k for a harbor, 10k for a bank, blah blah blah.

Your 500k is gone to infra even with construction and you can't generate enough income to buy the improvements at the current prices.

This is annoying.

Your nation is too new to declare war at this time. Your soldiers need time to train and your economy needs time to adjust to your new government. You may officially begin declaring war on 8/1/2008.

We all know how to fight.

Understood however with that setting off new nations would never get a chance to build up their nations before the on onslaught of wars. A new nation with $500K in available funds would be a ripe target if that setting was turned off.

To answer a few questions that have been repeated thus far:

1) There will be one update per day just like Cyber Nations standard. There are many reasons for a single update per day but mostly becuase multiple updates are difficult for players to keep up with.

2) Donations will be allowed in the game. CN:TE is being hosted on its own dedicated server seperate from CN standard and donations will be used to help offset the costs associated with that. We'll play it by ear for a bit to find the right balance as far as the donation bonus goes. I'll make sure the bonus is not over powered.

3) I've tweaked the price of improvements and wonders across the game by reducing them by 50%. We can adjust these up or down as testing moves along once we figure out what works best.

1) Good. I understand people's desire for really fast paced action, but, having discovered browser games in one that had updates every 30 minutes, I can honestly say that the more updates, the more time you are required to spend on the game in order to compete. TE should let you have fun, not make you sink hours that most people probably don't have, especially if they already play regular CN, just to keep up.

2) I figured as much. I actually might suggest you creating a couple of nations yourself and applying "donations" to them at various points testing out different amounts and bonuses. It'll let you get a good feel for what pushes people ahead to far versus a slight competitive edge without putting any actual money on the line.

3) That's probably as good a start as any, though I think you may need to decrease it a bit more. We'll see how this first week goes.

Understood however with that setting off new nations would never get a chance to build up their nations before the on onslaught of wars. A new nation with $500K in available funds would be a ripe target if that setting was turned off.

This is true. I'd have been gobbling up funds as nations joined the entire time registrations were opened.

Actually, you'll probably want to significantly reduce the infra and tech requirements for some high level wonders. Even with decreased costs all around, I don't think it'll be enough to match what only a handful of nations in the regular game have managed in over 2 years within the confines of the reset periods. Especially as the vast majority of those have seen little war, an option TE nations probably will not have.

As this is a rather quick paced version of CN, Perhaps it would be in place to reduce the military cost? I am talking about nuclear weapons, spies, Cruise Missiles and aircrafts? Perhaps lower the requirements for the Navy and aircrafts too? Maybe drop a zero for the CM and spy cost and cut the requirements for each level of the aircrafts in half? Maybe do the same for the navy since I sincerely doubt any nation will reach 1000 land within the 90 days this will eventually be going on for.

Edited by The fox

Suggestions to try:

--Make nuclear capability purely dependent on an infra/tech number instead of %

--Make half as many teams and only allow one sanctioned alliance per team

--Change the way happiness bonus for trading is given (would make politics hella more interesting):

Same team, +.5

Same alliance +1 (if they are sanctioned) instead

-- Allow 1 deployment per defensive war extra per day with strict penalties for abusing this

I didn't register an account in time!

And I really want to test this out. (Heck I even posted a suggestion for it :P)

Please oh humble admin! (since there already is more than 200 nations) register me an account.

This is my second round in CN:TE Alpha. Based on last time and common sense, the general release won't be capped, no. The 200 cap is just enough people to test everything out and let admin get a feel for what works and what doesn't. It isn't a gameplay feature.

Will there be an OWF for CN:TE?

-Bama

i dont think you would need it as there would be alot of DoW there would be no point its ALL v all.

its a mad house out there >.<

I can see the wonder prices and requirements were cut, but there still very out of reach.

At the current state, it's not practical to buy any wonders. You need to cut them both again.

edit: Another thing,

why not increase the natural growth of a nation, say 2 miles a day?

Edited by thedestro

I can see the wonder prices and requirements were cut, but there still very out of reach.

At the current state, it's not practical to buy any wonders. You need to cut them both again.

This is going to be something that we'll have to adjust as we get further into alpha testing. It's hard to guage how fast nations will grow after less than 1 day of testing.

This is going to be something that we'll have to adjust as we get further into alpha testing. It's hard to guage how fast nations will grow after less than 1 day of testing.

Admin, I wanna play :(

Somethings I think should be cut:

• Wonder prices and requirements
  • Spies and their op costs
  • Navy vessels definitely

First off, the lifespan of a ruler is 90 days (after alpha testing)- so for wonder purchases to be practical; their average prices should be reasonably attainable within max 30 days. If not, then the wonders will never pay themselves off quick enough (or at all) or their military upgrades will have limited time left to use.

And if they're still not cheap enough, what's the point of cutting down the wonder clock to 10 days?

I can't give a good price yet, since I'm not sure yet how much money a normal nation would make within a month or several weeks (-our income increases exponentially but I'm not convinced it's big enough yet). But I can safely say anything above 10 million is not gonna happen.

______

I'm thinking a spy should cost 10k. Again not sure, as I haven't found out how practical it will be- but I'll find out.

However, you can guess a good price now to correlate with an amount of money a nation can obtain from taxes within a good time frame that they should be able to get a good amount of spies.

____

Vessels just needs to be cut, I won't give a price since it's just speculation.

Edited by thedestro

Ok, TE is awesome

War stats so far

First 50 wars: 32 declared by The SuperFriends, 2 wars declared on us (both attackers lost to the might of Srqt, who they double teamed)

34/50

First 60 wars: 36 declared by The SuperFriends, 5 declared on us

41/60

First 70 wars: 39 declared by The SuperFriends, 8 declared on us

47/70

First 80 wars: 42 declared by The SuperFriends, 13 declared on us

55/80

Edited by Delta1212

Five things that are out of place:

1. Environment -- It doesn't exist anymore in a war-torn world...

2. GRL -- Nukes will be flying, and even if environment stays, this wouldn't help. As I said above, environment doesn't exist in a war-torn world.

3. The armed forces of Havvy are overly strong. This is making your population a bit uncomfortable. -- I would replace with with a thing saying "The citizens of Havvy believe that in this world war, they do not have enough protection from rogue states." It shows if soldiers is less than 75%. Really, think about it.

4. Week-Long Wars -- Situate them as 3 days or 5 days. With 3 day wars, you can be in 60 offensive wars. 5 days it's 45. Currently it's 25.7.

5. Aircraft Attacks -- If you have 1 bomber against an empty nation, it should be doing damage, even if it's level 1. Heck, I would change it so that there's only three types of fighters and bombers in CN TE. The level 3, level 6, and level 9. The cost for them would be $1000, $2,500, & $5,000. Tech requirements would be NONE, 100, and 200 respectively.

Also, on typos...

Sanctions can be placed against trade agreements, foreign aid offers, or both and are managed by the top three elected officials of the COLOR Team. Trade sanctions prevent any member of the COLOR Team from trading with the sanctioned nation.

I also second the motion to decrease the teams in half.

Edited by Havvy

Admin, I wanna play :(

Forget it. It's like a windows Beta program, only a selected group of people get to play.

The exact same group of people every time. It is pointless having it.

They keep saying it will go live. It's been in Alpha for about 2 years now. Come on, put it in beta already and please select a larger group of people. maybe use a lottery system to select people.

Ok, TE is awesome

It's like a rock concert, It's only awesome if your allowed in.

Not all of us are well liked enough by Admin to be allowed in.

200 isn't a test. 1,000 people or 1,500 people, now that would be a real test.

When/if he takes it to beta, and it is put under load of say 500+ wars, Problems will emerge that are unnoticed now. The only way to test it is under heavy load and heavy demand.

When/if that thing goes Beta, I bet money it will have alot of down time the first month or so.

as it hasn't been tested under extreme load conditions.