Tournament Edition Bugs & Suggestions

Cyber Nations Tournament Edition was created to test players to optimally manage their nation and test their skills at surviving in an environment of military challenges.

Fact. In both CN and CNTE, no one can argue that a 3-on-1 gangbang has a reasonable chance of losing the offense. Fact.

My suggestion is to make CNTE a free-for-all. In other words, eliminate alliances. No longer will the war reasons be "Alliance Defense." This suggestion does not rule out the possibility of having friends. Helping other nations in their wars is still an option. However, this event will be based on the principle of diplomacy and written pleas for help (e.g. written messages), not on hiding behind the curtain of an alliance banner.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyber Nations Tournament Edition was created to test players to optimally manage their nation and test their skills at surviving in an environment of military challenges.

Fact. In both CN and CNTE, no one can argue that a 3-on-1 gangbang has a reasonable chance of losing the offense. Fact.

My suggestion is to make CNTE a free-for-all. In other words, eliminate alliances. No longer will the war reasons be "Alliance Defense." This suggestion does not rule out the possibility of having friends. Helping other nations in their wars is still an option. However, this event will be based on the principle of diplomacy and written pleas for help (e.g. written messages), not on hiding behind the curtain of an alliance banner.

Do you really think eliminating alliances would help??

Alliances have forums, and in the forums they could actually ask for help.

It will change TE a bit, but not much that TE is a real free-for-all.

BUG.

I just wanted it to be noticed, because it really is a bug.

When you first create your nation and select government, religion, and DEFCON level, all but the DEFCON level are preserved. In other words, your nation is not created with the desired DEFCON level.

This is a problem because it gives those people who want DEFCON 5 an advantage should they need to switch their DEFCON later that day, while others cannot.

Do you really think eliminating alliances would help??

Yes, because people will use their heads and actually consider whether helping a nation at war is truly wise, rather than blindly attacking just because the victim is an alliance member.

Most importantly, it will prevent weaklings from hiding under the banner of an alliance. The word Tournament suggests a competition, survival of the fittest, so to speak. How competitive is it, really, if nations cannot be aggressive without fear of a retaliatory gangbang?

Yes, because people will use their heads and actually consider whether helping a nation at war is truly wise, rather than blindly attacking just because the victim is an alliance member.

Most importantly, it will prevent weaklings from hiding under the banner of an alliance. The word Tournament suggests a competition, survival of the fittest, so to speak. How competitive is it, really, if nations cannot be aggressive without fear of a retaliatory gangbang?

Well, it is a competition between alliances and how well organised they are. I think you are talking about a ghost here.

• 2 weeks later...

My suggestion is to make CNTE a free-for-all. In other words, eliminate alliances. No longer will the war reasons be "Alliance Defense." This suggestion does not rule out the possibility of having friends. Helping other nations in their wars is still an option. However, this event will be based on the principle of diplomacy and written pleas for help (e.g. written messages), not on hiding behind the curtain of an alliance banner-

I agree with you, broomdr.

Systematic 3vs1 beatings are no fun, especially when there's no practical chance for the surrounded and destroyed to rebuild and to be competitive again, without Foreign Aid.

Too many Nations are reduced to that, without having individual responsibility for what happened.

SE-style political crap made its way into TE, completely defeating the "be intelligent and competitive" purpose (it's rather "build up sheer numbers and prey").

The removal of the Alliance Affiliation feature could IMHO help us in getting rid of this crap. Sure, Alliances would still be possible, but judging another Alliance's military power would be much more difficult, making it much harder to start an Alliance/Coalition war with the certainty of having already won it.

At least, I for one will stay away from TE as long as the Alliance Affiliation is not removed from it.