Nuke bug?

DarkMistress

Hi,

I've nuked a target 3 nights in a row and no soldiers have been destroyed in the nukes. It is very strange considering the soldier count of one of my targets has not changed at all and they currently have 67000+ troops at home AFTER I nuked them with 90000+ total.

Is there some bug I don't know about?

Can someone PM me about this issue?

Edited by DarkMistress

In CN there are two kind of soldiers. "Real" soldiers which can be deployed and "extra" soldiers. The amount of extra soldiers you get is modified by how many real soldiers you have and soldier count modifiers (resources and improvements). If you don't kill the "real" soldiers the "extra" soldiers will never die.

Your enemy probably deployed all his "real" soldiers and left the "extra" soldiers at home and when you nuked him you couldn't kill his real soldiers and therefor his extra soldiers still exist.

Edited by der_ko

In CN there are two kind of soldiers. "Real" soldiers which can be deployed and "extra" soldiers. The amount of extra soldiers you get is modified by how many real soldiers you have and soldier count modifiers (resources and improvements). If you don't kill the "real" soldiers the "extra" soldiers will never die.

Your enemy probably deployed all his "real" soldiers and left the "extra" soldiers at home and when you nuked him you couldn't kill his real soldiers and therefor his extra soldiers still exist.

could this then be considered as a great tactic?

Actually, I know this tactic but this nation did not deploy all his soldiers. As I said, he had deployed 1/3. If the nuke did work as it should, it would have killed the 2/3' s of his troops at home and his number of troops would have decreased. THey DID NOT.

When 1 soldier dies, regardless of WHERE it dies, your overall soldier count is lowered. Let's say you have 3 ghosts for every 1 "real" soldier.

Simplified:

Someone has 10,000 troops. 5,000 deployed, 5,000 defending.

You kill 1,000 troops in a ground attack.

You kill 3,000 ghosts because of this.

The ghosts are taken from your overall total, which subtracts from BOTH deployed and defending...If that makes sense to anyone. It's very weird, but that's how it works.

To: XXXX From: DarkMistress 9/21/2007 12:45:01 AM Subject: Nuclear Attack

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons by DarkMistress. You lost 0 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 55.834 miles of land, 150.000 infrastructure, and 1/4 of your aircraft force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.

He had 97230 soldiers BEFORE I nuked him. He has 97230 soldiers AFTER I nuked him.

He had 67,873 DEFENDING soldiers. That means that his deployed troops were just shy of 30000.

Edited by DarkMistress

Err, ok. I see now. I don't know how that happens...Some soldiers should still die, lol

Oh wait, the soldiers he deployed were equal to his BASE soldier total. So all the defending soldiers were just ghosts, so they can't be killed. LOL

That's kind of a bad bug..Worse than the usual GC complaints.

Edited by x Tela x

Err, ok. I see now. I don't know how that happens...Some soldiers should still die, lol

Oh wait, the soldiers he deployed were equal to his BASE soldier total. So all the defending soldiers were just ghosts, so they can't be killed. LOL

That's kind of a bad bug..Worse than the usual GC complaints.

Could this prevent him from going into anarchy then?