*Buys 5 Carriers*

Delta1212

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh... I imagine it just like the planes, everyone is maxed out with the top level aircraft just waiting for war.

So.... who wants to start the GW first? We need to test out a new and improved war system.

You're welcome to attack me and see where things go :P

If anyone wants to test their navy I offer my nation (45k NS).

This is purely on condition that you PM me first and we agree on some kind of recompensation.

I got a Cruiser, a Frigate, a Destroyer, a Submarine, and an Aircraft Carrier.

Edited by Candide

Too bad 105 is such an odd number. I would have settled for a nice and even 100 (please don't take away my 5 planes, admin) or 110.

you could buy a 6th aircraft carrier on day 2 and get 110 aircrafts

Given the humongous cost of this system, I'm waiting a day to see how testing goes--I'm not wholly convinced the upkeep cost is worth the benefit, even with the NS and aircraft boost.

A hypothetical, then...

:: otherwise equal nation goes to war with Kiss Goodbye ::

:: otherwise equal nation blockades Kiss Goodbye ::

In that hypothetical, assuming other things being equal, your nation would be at a disadvantage on collections due to the blockade. In a 1v1 war, that could prove a harsh deal. In a 3v1 war, that could be crippling.

True, it's too early to know everything about the system. But how does one wish to learn about the ill effects of not having a navy? The hard way is to experience them firsthand without a rapid ability to build up a navy big enough to take out the one that's already huge.

admin really needs to toughen up ships a bit. As it is, all Navies do are allow the one attacking with superior numbers to dominate the sea and this gain a huge advantage everywhere else. Ships need to be difficult to destroy in order to both offset the 5 per day rule and, therefore, make the decision about whether to maintain a Navy or just not bother a more important one.

admin really needs to toughen up ships a bit. As it is, all Navies do are allow the one attacking with superior numbers to dominate the sea and this gain a huge advantage everywhere else. Ships need to be difficult to destroy in order to both offset the 5 per day rule and, therefore, make the decision about whether to maintain a Navy or just not bother a more important one.

I agree. Navies as they are really give more power to attacking nations with 3:1 superiority... like they needed any more help... If a navy was built so one would NEED 3:1 superiority to wear it down, that would be great.

Right now, the best strategy in the game is to isolate an alliance, pick a fight with it, and curbstomp it. If your alliance has more allies, it is in your interest to buy a navy. If your alliance is isolated, it is in your interest to get rid of all your military except 20% of your population in soldiers and a stack of cruise missiles and prepare to turtle up.

What is really needed is something to make being a defensive nation possible. That way, smaller alliances could survive politically even if they took an editorial course that was critical of a larger one.

I agree with this.

I agree. Navies as they are really give more power to attacking nations with 3:1 superiority... like they needed any more help... If a navy was built so one would NEED 3:1 superiority to wear it down, that would be great.

Right now, the best strategy in the game is to isolate an alliance, pick a fight with it, and curbstomp it. If your alliance has more allies, it is in your interest to buy a navy. If your alliance is isolated, it is in your interest to get rid of all your military except 20% of your population in soldiers and a stack of cruise missiles and prepare to turtle up.

What is really needed is something to make being a defensive nation possible. That way, smaller alliances could survive politically even if they took an editorial course that was critical of a larger one.

I agree with this.

I agree with this as I actually brought it up right after admin made it so you can only buy 5 ships a day (before the Navy was even implanted).