Can't log in

acerbus

So last night after I tried declaring war on someone, I received an error saying my password was incorrect. I tried retyping it multiple times, and kept receiving the same error message. I didn't have caps lock on or anything.

So I figured I'd get a new password. I hit the link, and after I received my temporary password, I attempted to log in following the directions provided, and now I'm getting a message saying I'm using an invalid password or username.

What gives?

Metallica500, I've dispatched a new temp password to your email address. FYI, it is the same address that you use on these forums.

I tried the new temp password and I still get this "You have received an error trying to view a page. Here is the detailed error code: There was an error with the temporary password process. Please request a new temporary password by using the Forgot Password link to the left." When i try to get another one i still get the "You have received an error trying to view a page. Here is the detailed error code: The email address that you specified is valid but it does not match the user name in the system."

Did you put any of the letters in caps. Did you just copy the password and paste.

Also try to pm a mod when stuff like this happens. Some people like to tech raid you when they know you can't defend yourself.

Yes. Several times. I'm getting the same results that Metallica5000 is getting.

I would have kept trying, but I didn't want to have too many failed attempts then have all the issues associated with that.

Rozalia, thanks the for the tip. It's a bit too late now to do much about it if that is indeed happening, but I'll keep it in mind in case this happens again.

I would have kept trying, but I didn't want to have too many failed attempts then have all the issues associated with that.

That right there tells me that you are not following the temp password email instructions. You cannot login directly to the site with the temp password.

That right there tells me that you are not following the temp password email instructions. You cannot login directly to the site with the temp password.

Well, I used the link provided in the email, and even then it didn't work.

Regardless of that, I'd kinda like to know why I was able to declare a war 6 or 7 days ago with my supplied password, but it doesn't work now.