[answered by admin] Nation embargo?

clownbag

I got this warning when I logged in tonight. It was in red text in the private nations messages part of the screen.

Recent embargos against your nation will reduce your next tax collection by %.

The message has since disappeared after I clicked off my page a few times and went back to it.

Just wondering what it was about?

Yes, this is part of the upcoming navy feature. To be more specific I was using the term "Embargo" but decided today that a more proper term would be "Blockade". When I made the name change it caused this error until I updated a piece of the game code associated with it.

And why the tax collection reduction from blockades? I'll provide more details about it when the navy feature is closer to release but after much consideration I decided that a navy feature should not affect trades or foreign aid else it would present game balance issues as well as coding problems. I thought it would be more interesting to place tax collection reductions from blockades that cannot be avoided like you can avoid war damages by just 'waiting it out'.

Yes, this is part of the upcoming navy feature. To be more specific I was using the term "Embargo" but decided today that a more proper term would be "Blockade". When I made the name change it caused this error until I updated a piece of the game code associated with it.

And why the tax collection reduction from blockades? I'll provide more details about it when the navy feature is closer to release but after much consideration I decided that a navy feature should not affect trades or foreign aid else it would present game balance issues as well as coding problems. I thought it would be more interesting to place tax collection reductions from blockades that cannot be avoided like you can avoid war damages by just 'waiting it out'.

So you can't not collect and wait for it to go away?