Orange Defense Network sign up

fergus

Orange Defense Network

ODNwings1.gif

ODN Forums

new member sign up

To sign up please go to the off site forum and follow the instructions, but before that please post here the following information:

1. Name of Nation

2. Name of Nation Ruler

3. Current Team Color

By applying for membership, you accept and agree to follow the Orange Defense Network Charter.

The Citrus Declaration

Article I: Membership

i) In becoming a member of the Orange Defense Network, applicants must register on the offsite forum.

ii) After signing in, the applicant must then take the following oath, by posting the oath in its entirety, with their respective nation and ruler names entered appropriately, in the Registration area:

I <state leader name>, leader of <state nation name> do hereby swear to uphold the ODN charter. To maintain order within the region, I will be respectful to fellow members and obey the leadership. I will maintain my loyalty to the ODN only and not join any other alliances. I as an ODN member must promote the alliance in a positive way in the CyberNations forums and the private forums of other organizations. I will not make any statements regarding ODN policy, unless I have been asked to by the ODN Senate. I understand that the ODN is a defensive alliance, and will not use my nation's military to threaten or initiate hostilities against another nation.

iii) All ODN members are required to have their nation's alliance affiliation set to Orange Defense Network and their team set to "Orange".

iv) Members having been found in non-compliance with the oath or removed as per Article VI of this charter may not reapply to become an ODN member within two (2) weeks of being removed.

v) The Senate reserves the right to deny any member of entrance to the ODN. If a nation is refused entrance to the Network, a statement from the ODN shall be issued explaining why the decision has been made.

Article II: Ministry

Section I: Secretary-General

A. Powers of the Secretary-General

i) The Secretary-General shall act as the figurehead of the ODN.

ii) The Secretary-General may make executive decisions regarding the implementation of Senate plans.

iii) The Secretary-General shall release all official statements from the ODN Senate.

iv) All powers not expressively given by this charter to any other position or body, are given to the Secretary-General.

v) The Secretary-General shall determine, upon ODN membership request, if an issue is under the Purview of the Senate.

vi) Taking into consideration advice from the senate, the Secretary-General shall appoint the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of State within a 48 hour period of a new Senate being appointed.

vii) The Secretary-General shall remove the Secretary of Defense or Secretary of State should he/she feel the current holder of the position is incapable or unwilling to do the job effectively. All appointments/removals must be announced privately to the senate forty-eight (48) hours prior to taking effect. The senate may overrule these moves, or make them effective immediately, with a 4/6 vote completed within the forty-eight (48) hour time frame.

viii) The Secretary-General may, at his/her discretion, appoint an assistant. This may be any ODN member in good standing. Should help be needed in reference to governmental matters, the Secretary-General should request assistance from a Senator.

B. The Term of Secretary-General

i) The Secretary-General shall be elected by a popular vote of ODN members.

ii) The term of Secretary-General shall last six (6) weeks.

iii) No one ODN member may serve as the Secretary-General for more than three (3) consecutive terms.

Section II: Deputy Secretary-General

A. Powers of the Deputy Secretary-General

i) The Deputy Secretary-General shall serve as the Secretary-General in the event that the serving Secretary-General is unable to perform his/her duties.

a) If the Secretary-General is permanently no longer able to perform his/her duties, the Deputy Secretary-General shall become the Secretary-General.

ii) The Deputy Secretary-General shall act as an advisor to the Secretary-General in all duties related to that position

iii) The Deputy Secretary-General is the Chair of the Senate.

iv) The Deputy Secretary-General may, at his/her discretion, appoint an assistant. This may be any ODN member in good standing. Should help be needed in reference to governmental matters, the Deputy Secretary-General should request assistance from a Senator.

B. The Term of Deputy Secretary-General

i) The Deputy Secretary-General shall be elected by a popular vote of ODN members.

ii) The Deputy Secretary-General shall serve for six (6) weeks.

iii) No one ODN member may serve as the Deputy Secretary-General for more than three (3) consecutive terms.

Section III: Secretary of Defense

A. Powers of the Secretary of Defense

i) The Secretary of Defense shall act as the head of the ODN defense forces.

ii) The Secretary of Defense acts under the authority of the Senate in all matters concerning war.

iii) The Secretary of Defense shall, in times of war, coordinate counter attacks and defense strategies to combat the enemy.

iv) The Secretary of Defense shall, in peacetime, coordinate effective strength placement for new and existing members, and advise nations on topics of a military nature.

v) The Secretary of Defense may appoint Deputies to assist in the tasks carried out by the position. A Deputy may be any member in good standing not holding an elected position, or the rank of Secretary. Deputies do not require Senate approval but may be removed by 4/6 vote by the Senate.

B. The Term of Secretary of Defense

i) The Secretary of Defense shall be appointed by the Secretary-General.

ii) The Secretary of Defense shall serve for six (6) weeks and serve concurrent with the Senate which appointed the position. At the conclusion of each Senate term, the Secretary of Defense shall step down from the position.

iii) If the Secretary of Defense resigns before the end of his/her term, a new Secretary of Defense should be appointed by the Secretary-General.

iv) There is no limit to how many terms an ODN member serves as the Secretary of Defense.

Section IV: Secretary of State

A. Powers of the Secretary of State

i) The Secretary of State shall act as the head of the Ambassador's Guild.

ii) Foreign policy is under the mandate of the Senate. The senate may call upon the Secretary of State to assist in tasks concerning foreign policy

iii) The Secretary of State shall meet foreign diplomats that wish to establish diplomatic relations (opening of an embassy) and recommend to the Senate a course of action.

iv) The Secretary of State shall appoint, remove, replace, or switch ambassadors to a different embassies as (s)he sees fit. All changes may be reversed by 4/6 vote by the Senate.

v) The Secretary of State may appoint Deputies to assist in the tasks carried out by the position. A Deputy may be any member in good standing not holding an elected position, or the rank of Secretary. Deputies do not require Senate approval but may be removed by 4/6 vote by the Senate.

B. The Term of Secretary of State

i) The Secretary of State shall be appointed by the Secretary General.

ii) The Secretary of State shall serve for six (6) weeks and serve concurrent with the Senate which appointed the position. At the conclusion of each Senate term, the Secretary of State shall step down from the position.

iii) If the Secretary of State resigns before the end of his/her term, a new Secretary of State should be appointed by the Secretary General.

iv) There is no limit to how many terms an ODN member serves as the Secretary of State.

Article III: Senate

The Orange Defense Network Senate shall act as the voice, the power, and the justice of its membership.

Section I: Senate Organization

A. Senators

i) The Senate shall be composed of six (6) able and qualified ODN members.

ii) Each Senator has the power of one (1) vote within the Senate.

B. Deputy Secretary-General

i) The Deputy Secretary-General is head of the Senate.

ii) The Deputy Secretary-General shall bring issues presented by ODN members to the Senate for discussion and vote.

iii) The Deputy Secretary-General shall oversee votes conducted by the Senate.

iv) The Deputy Secretary-General shall not participate in votes unless asked to do so by all Senators or in the event of a split decision by the Senate.

v) Upon a leave of absence being submitted by a Senator the Deputy Secretary-General may vote in said Senators place. Should two notifications be submitted concurrently the second power of vote in place of said Senator is to be held by the Secretary General. This is to be in effect on all senatorial votes except impeachment votes

Section II: Procedure

A. The Passing of Legislation

1. The Deputy Secretary-General shall bring ODN Membership concerns to the Senate for discussion and vote.

2. The Senate shall discuss each issue and produce a vote in a timely manner. There is no time limit on senate debate prior to seconding a motion to vote. Once a motion to vote is seconded, the senator seconding said motion must inform all members of government via PM of the item that has now been placed up for vote. Senators will then have forty-eight (48) hours to debate and vote after which time they will be declared absent. If a senator feels more debate is needed, he/she may motion for a time extension, not to exceed seventy-two (72) hours which will provide for up to one hundred and twenty (120) hours of time for vote. If motioned, that request will be automatically granted.

When voting, the following must occur for a vote to pass:

i) Legislation - 4/6 Senate Approval

ii) Amendments - 4/6 Senate Approval and General Assembly Approval

iii) Alliance Proposals - 5/6 Senate Approval and General Assembly Approval

iv) Impeachment - 5/6 Approval

v) A war on a member of another alliance. - 4/6 approval

vi) A war to defend an alliance the Orange Defense Network has a Mutual Defense Pact with. Automatic, unless overturned by 4/6 senate or WDA committee vote.

vii) War against an entire alliance, if members of alliance attack ODN members first (If three (3) nations or more with the same alliance affiliation attack any member or members of the ODN within 48 hours of each other, the senate may hold a vote on declaring a total alliance war on the offending alliance immediately after. The alliance war won't be declared until after a 12-hour waiting period has expired, to allow for negotiations. If a peace agreement is agreed to before the waiting period has expired, and there are no further attacks, then the alliance war will be called off) 4/6 Senate Approval.

viii) Any war uncovered in section III, II, A, 2, v-vii of this document - 6/6 Approval - General Assembly Approval

3. If a vote requires a General Assembly Approval, it shall be placed before ODN members for vote in the designated voting forum (No poll). All ODN members in good standing are allowed to take part in GA votes, except for members of the senate. All ODN members are guaranteed immediate notification of all elections with an in game telegram. The vote should be open for a period of 48 hours. When the voting period ends, the vote shall be closed by a government official, and votes counted. To be approved, 2/3 of the voting nations must approve of the action.

4. Senators are not allowed to vote in any GA voting thread, since they already vote in the Senate Chambers, and are not part of the GA while in office. Senators are allowed to participate in discussions that are in non-voting GA threads, however.

5. The Secretary-General may veto any decision not requiring a 6/6 approval within forty-eight (48) hours of an item being passed. The Secretary-General may not veto his own impeachment vote. The Senate may override this veto with a re-vote receiving 6/6 approval.

6. If after a re-vote, a 6/6 approval is not reached, the item up for vote may be rewritten and re-introduced as a new piece of legislation.

B. Additional Tasks of the Senate

i) The Senate shall release reports to the ODN Membership as to the state of the Network.

ii) The Senate shall investigate any suspicious tasks within the ODN to preserve its security

iii) The Senate shall monitor foreign affairs and release statements necessary to the well being of the Network. These shall be delivered by the Secretary-General.

iv) The Senate shall appoint official ambassadors to work abroad.

v) Any Senator may appoint a paige to work in conjunction with the Senate to help carry a work load. The paige has no power within the Senate however.

Section III: ODN Membership

i) Any ODN member in good standing may bring to attention any issue they believe the Senate should deal with. The Deputy Secretary-General should then bring the issue to the Senate for official discussion and vote.

a) Issues may include, but are not limited to: Legislation, Internal Affairs, and Foreign Affairs.

ii) Any ODN member in good standing is eligible to run for elected office. No one (1) person can hold more than one (1) office at a time.

Section IV: Purview of the Senate

i) The Senate has the power to rule on Legislation, Internal Affairs, Foreign Affairs, and any issue that the Secretary-General determines is under the purview of the Senate.

ii) The Senate may request information from ODN members.

iii) The use of Nuclear Weapons by any ODN member requires a Senate vote. If the member wishes the vote to remain private, a PM may be sent to the Deputy Secretary-General requesting it to be as such.

Section V: Terms of Senators

i) Senators shall be elected by a popular vote of ODN Members.

ii) The vote shall include all candidates and each ODN member may place four (4) votes for those Senators they wish to see with a Senate place. The six (6) candidates with the most votes shall be deemed Senators.

iii) A Senator shall serve a six (6) weeks term.

iv) There is no limit to how many terms a Senator may serve.

Article IV: Defending MDP Allies that are Attacked

1. An alliance the ODN has an MDP with is attacked

2. An 8-hour time clock starts for any senator to raise a motion for the ODN to abstain from going to war in the defense of an MDP ally.

3. If the motion is made, subtract however long it took for motion to be made from the 24-hour waiting period, and that's how long the Senate/WDA Committee has to pass the vote of at least four votes. (ex: took 3 hours for a senator to make the motion; 8-3=5; 24-3=21; therefore Senate/WDA would have 21 hours of the 24-hour waiting period left).

4. If no such motion is made within 8 hours of an MDP ally being attacked, the ODN automatically declares war on the alliance(s) that attacked our MDP ally.

5. If motion is made, but after 24 total hours the four votes needed to abstain from going to war to defend MDP ally is not reached, then the ODN automatically declares war on the alliance(s) that attacked our MDP ally.

Article V: Reparations

Any ODN member in good standing may call for the impeachment or Censure of any ODN member or ODN government member.

A. Impeachment

i) Impeachment shall include removal from office.

ii) Grounds for impeachment:

a) Failure to abide by the Membership Oath.

b} Insubordination

c) Unauthorized conduct

d) Conduct unbecoming of a government official (applies only to government officials).

B. Censure

In such instances as a full Senate investigation into a transgression by an ODN member or elected official does not warrant impeachment, yet the actions are deemed serious enough by the Senate, the Senate shall have the authority to publicly Censure the elected official or ODN member. A Censured member is a nation considered not in good standing within the ODN. This will include but is not limited to the inability to vote on General Assembly votes, introduce legislation, impeach a member, and vote in elections

Article VI: Amendments

Any ODN member in good standing with the ODN has the right to bring to discussion an amendment to this constitution. It should be brought before the ODN membership for discussion, and given to the Senate for approval. After an amendment is approved, it shall go into effect immediately and be added to the charter.

Article VII: Ratification

A. Date of Ratification

March 7th, 2006

• 2 weeks later...